Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

Eclipse BP Thread

The Eclipse BP is now available

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/eclipse-battle-path-now-available

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-eclipse-battle-path

Related thread:

Known issues so far:

• BP should last for 180 days, but in-game timer shows 120 days Now intended, but with a possible extension back to 180 days eventually.
  • All five BP vehicles (Gadyuka, Gepard, Otomatic, Buratino, Jaguar) are currently assigned to the legacy Unknown Dealer. Furthermore, Gadyuka and Otomatic do not count as special vehicles on filter (same issue as ZBD-04A). Fixed, though they still haven't touched ZBD-04A from the previous BP.
  • BP ranks major milestones at Ranks 10 and 30 do not correspond to actual major rank rewards, which are at Ranks 19 (Gepard), 34 (Otomatic), 50 (Buratino), and 60 (Jaguar). Fixed
  • Tier 3-6 LT Net Experience repeatable mission's requirement is too high: its current requirement is 16000, whereas other classes' requirement is only 7000 for the same tier range.
  • Gadyuka ammo rack module exists inside the vehicle, but it appears to be very hard to hit under normal circumstances. Autoloader also exists, but its placement is unknown.
  • Gadyuka's autocannon does not load full capacity after switching ammunition type - it currently exhibits similar behavior to guns with clips instead.
  • Gepard's radar name is displayed as "Gepard_Ability_Radar_short" on the upgrade screen Fixed
  • Gepard's HE can deal damage even against heavily armoured targets (UPDATE: they reduced the partial and non-pen damage as well as a bit of splash penetration, but it can still cause damage that way)
  • Gepard's overheat threshold is much lower than other vehicles using the same overheat gauge (~25% compared to others at ~66% of the full gauge)
  • Otomatic does not have its 4th retrofit slot unlocked Fixed
  • Otomatic does not suffer from ammo rack fire or explosion
  • Otomatic's smoke grenades fire from the hull's front instead of the turret's, contrary to what the visual model suggests Fixed
  • Otomatic's turret has collision mesh
  • Buratino's autocannon can aim and fire below its intended minimum angle
  • Buratino's hard kill APS has no known hitbox
  • Awaiting confirmation: Buratino's soft kill APS may not have a model, hitbox unknown
  • Buratino's turret has collision mesh
  • B1 Centauro 105 VRCC skin has blue ERA Fixed
  • Jaguar has frontal armour that is vulnerable even to machine gun fire Fixed
  • Jaguar's sights are mostly covered by vehicle armour, making them hard to hit with AP ammo
  • Gadyuka parts do not stack properly. SS says they should still be exchangeable for a complete vehicle when you have 100 parts in total across all stacks.
  • Eclipse Loot Crate may drop the progression Sucurii II, which is not intended. (reference screenshots: 1, 2, 3) Fixed

Other notes:

• Buratino's autocannon has no first person view - this is intentional
  • Samuel Thorpe currently shares the same skill field as Fyodor Sokolov and Maximillian König, but this will change in the future, and it will depend on  the outcome of this event.
    UPDATE: Results suggest Thrope's new expertise will be part autocannon, part ATGM.

Edited by Qbicle
Oto's smoke is now fixed (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Reposting here so that it's in the current thread.  This is a summary of the Eclipse Battle Path's economy so far (at least that I've seen):

Eclipse Battle Path

Needed Battle Coins:

• Ranks: 6,000 per rank through rank 50 (49 ranks) = 294,000
  • Ranks: 18,000 per rank 51 through 60 (10 ranks) = 180,000
  • 80 parts at 350 each (only buy Rare offers or better) = 28,000, but probably closer to 25,000
  • Total to rank 50 including parts vehicle: around 319,000 - 322,000
  • Grand total to rank 60: 499,000 - 502,000.  Call it an even 500k.

Available Battle Coins:

• Repeatables: 180 x 700 = 126,000
  • Challenges: 10 x 8,000 = 80,000
  • Mission chains: 3 x 4,500 + 1 x 17,500 = 31,000
  • Store (reasonable daily average): 180 x ~135 = 24,300
    • This assumes no re-rolling, because re-rolling is almost always a net loss.  Don't be lured in by the few lucky people who score big - it's gambling, and it greatly favors the house.
  • Total Available BC: 261,300

That means that to just get to rank 50 and the parts vehicle you’ll need about 58,000 coins from grinding.  A decent chunk of that will come from coins earned simply doing the repeatables unless you spend gold to bypass too many of them along the way, but you’ll likely still need to use boosters which average around 2,500 each in PvE.  (To avoid using boosters would require you to average a little over 16 missions per day for 180 days at 20 BC per mission.)

Getting the Jaguar will require an additional 180,000 BC for a total of about 238,000, which is a pretty crazy grind or an expensive amount of whaling.  To put it in perspective that’s an additional 9,000 missions at 20 BC per mission, which is 50 extra missions per day for a total of 66 missions per day.  Or it is ~9 x 25k BC purchases at 10k gold each which is 90,000 gold.  Even buying the largest gold pack repeatedly (24k gold for 100 EUR/$$) that’s 375 EUR/$$.  The Jaguar is not a free-to-play reward; you're going to have to pay for it one way or another.

Other notes:

• You can also earn 2 x 500 BC certificates each week by doing the weekend Spec Ops.  180 days = 25 weeks = 25,000 potential BC to help offset the massive grind to get the Jaguar.  Since it is reasonably easy to set up platoons to grind through these, it’s highly recommended to do so for this BP.
  • If you participated in the original Perihelion event, you will already have several prizes that are being given out in this BP and will receive a total of 22,000 BC in compensation when you reach the appropriate ranks.  Note that this "compensation" is awarded as a discount on the price of the associated ranks, so unless you're watching your BC total you may very easily miss it.  For example, if you already have the Perihelion decals (but not the Perihelion flag) that are awarded at Rank 6, that rank only costs you 2k BC even though it still shows as costing 6k BC.  It's discounted 2k for each former Perihelion event reward that you already possess.
  • Rank 59 in the overprogression ranks awards a US Marine Corps flag.  If you already have it somehow, you will instead receive 25,000 BC which is enough to instantly unlock rank 60 and get the Jaguar.

List of reskinnium series in the game, which is what you're pretty much guaranteed to get at ranks 51-59:

Black Eagle
Claw
Eraser
Fox
Hades
Hi Tech
Ice
Joker
Merc
Monster
Neon
Phoenix (only 3)
Reaper (only 2)
Saw
Shark
Solar Serpent (only 3)
Storm
Thunderbird (only 3)
Wolf

Note that this list is not intended to include all possible reskinniums - there are dozens of "single" versions such as the T-72AV Ash and T-64AV Hunter that are the only examples of their particular reskin.  Each of the above series contains at least 4 vehicles.

If you know of more that I'm missing, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

One of the users reported their Eclipse Loot Crate openings:

• AMX 10P 90 Fox
  • ZBD 86 Neon
  • Merkava 2D Black Eagle
  • Stingray 2 Black Eagle
  • T-80U Shark
  • VT-5 Dragon
  • SPHINX Monster

All reskins. No vehicle from Tier 8 crate, but 6000 Battle Coins for compensation instead. It's worth noting that this user said they haven't got some other reskins like BMPT 2000 Reaper or Sapphire.

References (on AW official Discord): Message 1, 2, 3, 4

aMcZOFg.png

As mentioned there, BP is now officially 120 days long, with a possibility to extend it to 180 days. It causes an uproar as it was stated to be 180 days before release, and the 120-day timer on BP launch was supposed to be a bug, but now it isn't. SS, who designed this BP, doesn't appear to have a say on this change (i.e. a decision from the higher-ups or the marketing department etc).

Linking yesterday's patch notes thread here for reference:

aMcZOFg.png

On 4/14/2023 at 7:10 PM, knutliott said:

Available Battle Coins:

• Store (reasonable daily average): 180 x ~135 = 24,300
    •  

Other notes:

• You can also earn 2 x 500 BC certificates each week by doing the weekend Spec Ops.  180 days = 25 weeks = 25,000 potential

120 days now official

On 4/14/2023 at 8:10 PM, knutliott said:

List of reskinnium series in the game, which is what you're pretty much guaranteed to get at ranks 51-59:

If you know of more that I'm missing, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

It can be Claw and Joker series too. Both sets of reskiniums were in permanent offer in mailru/vk shop last years. 

80 parts at 350 each (only buy Rare offers or better) = 28,000, but probably closer to 25,000

Basic missions reward 3 parts each, final mission adds 6 parts = 15 did I miss any other? Otherwise, you have to get 5 more.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:10 PM, knutliott said:

List of reskinnium series in the game, which is what you're pretty much guaranteed to get at ranks 51-59

Well, it sounded way too good to be true anyway, if you would've actually got any interesting vehicles.

Getting the Jaguar will require an additional 180,000 BC for a total of about 238,000, which is a pretty crazy grind or an expensive amount of whaling.

Bingo! They also removed any Gold rewards from the ranks.

Making repeatable missions “easier” to achieve, just turned out to be a 5% reduction on the requirements, instead of reworking them or adding any new missions.

It's really sad to see, that they promised again to make the BP more fun and turned around to do the exact opposite…

Edited by Zafir (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Zafir said:

Basic missions reward 3 parts each, final mission adds 6 parts = 15 did I miss any other? Otherwise, you have to get 5 more.

You get 5 parts at Rank 4 for some reason.

I don't know who'd want a scrap that's level 50 anymore, ... Only 2 vehicles I will take away from this BP, ...tier 8 & 9. I'm not interested in others!

Edited by HRDSTL (see edit history)

CPU: i7 3820, GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G, MONITOR: 25" Dell Alienware, Keyboard: Razer Ornata V2, Mouse: Razer Mamba Elite
AMPLIFIER: Audiolab 6000A, SPEAKERS: Canton 30GLE, HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 990

On 4/29/2023 at 6:43 AM, Qbicle said:

Results for Samuel Thorpe's training event are out. It looks like that his new expertise will be part autocannon, part ATGM.

I.e. exactly what was chosen last time.  Funny how that works.

Though to be honest, I was quite surprised that SPG ended up last.  I saw dramatically more SPGs in PvE than usual.  Practically every other mission, where artillery usually only shows up in like 1 in 10 for me.

BP is now extended to 28th September. The total duration is still a tad shorter than the original 180 days though.

Related thread:

aMcZOFg.png

Some final impressions

• Leveling mechanics - grindy and repetitive, as usual
  • Samuel Thorpe commander failed promise to deliver, again 
  • Over-progression boxes loots mechanics again non-transparent just like in Age of Rage BP. Support was polite to get me one more container when one of them tossed coins.
  • Many nice new additions in BP shop like camos and new vehicles. I didn't touch these for 30k and above. 

Speaking of usefulness of some vehicles i got in this BP - number of games and some results (PvE only, includes SO) 

1. obj 287 (111 games, 21.8k avg/d)
  2. Buratino (35 games, 30.9k avg/d) 
  3. Gepard (30 games, 29.7k avg/d) 
  4. Sphinx Monster (22 games, 29.9k avg/d)
  5. EBRC Jaguar (14 games, 30.5k avg/d)
  6. MPF LT (11 games, 36.6k avg/d)
  7. Kornet-D1 (11 games, 24.4k avg/d)
  8. Ottomatic (8 games, 37.1k avg/d)
  9. Chieftain Mk 6 Leader (4 games, 15.0k avg/d)
  10. Gadiuka (2 games,  18.7k avg/d )

PS. Digital pixel commodity with correct price  

spacer.png

• Upvote 2

BP is now extended to 16th November.

As for overprogression loot crates at ranks 51 to 58, I've attempted to compile a known list of reskin premiums for sake of reference.

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Normally this will be the case Arcticwolfbz, when the BP had made enough money :classic_rolleyes: Apparently it was not enough at the normal closing date :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

No, they always had planned end dates. But usually got extended due to various f-up's. This one was initially to be 160 days long by design, got cut down last minute before release (gotta push that FOMO!) and then got extended multiple times due to (who would have guessed?) ...f-up's.

Diaries entries are now officially available on the website.

Source:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/eclipse-diary-now-website

The Eclipse Battle Path story is now available on the portal in the form of Diary entries.

scr1

Click this link to view the first entry.

The rest of the entries can be accessed either on the bottom of the article, or via the navigation on the right side.

See you on the battlefield!

Alternatively, you can click on the link below for the whole directory.

https://aw.my.games/en/about/diaries

aMcZOFg.png