Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Scavenger Hunt?

Found some interesting strings in the localization files, looks to be some sort of grindy event that would provide discounts for purchasing gold. Not sure if this will tie into the next Raid, but the mechanics look somewhat compatible.

ZBsUX8d.png

tB6Y7RG.png

Looks to me they saw the potential in discount coupons from WoT, and are trying to do something similar. But even then gold is practically worthless.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Looks to me they saw the potential in discount coupons from WoT, and are trying to do something similar.

RIP then since gold is already worthless and with this event it will become even more worthless

1 hour ago, Yxlouvia said:

RIP then since gold is already worthless and with this event it will become even more worthless

When you put it that way, I sure wonder what all those 1K gold and a smiley packages have done to the game economy.

5 hours ago, Yxlouvia said:

What makes you say that? Not everyone got a gazillion gold from B20/globserver compensations.

I mean, yes those long standing players with lots of gold it's not going to be much use to us...Maybe enough for a BP or 2, for new players certainly its better...but ultimately a premium currency with only limited uses (no more tanks for gold) means it does have limited uses.  

If it is gold discounts, I might pick up some - depends on how good it is!

1 hour ago, Silentstalker said:

What makes you say that? Not everyone got a gazillion gold from B20/globserver compensations.

Yes, but you can't really buy any more vehicles from it, except for a handful mainly older premiums... This makes it's use very limited and therefore gold is (except for BP initial buy-in) worthless. The BC conversion rate is at least defo not worth imo.

I think this would be aimed at newer players which do not own many of those vehicles and do not have a shitload of everything like we do.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

This is probably a good thing, I've recommended this game to a lot of my friends, and they've played it and they think the experience payoff is terrible,so it can at least improve some new players experience when they play.

The experience and credit payouts for Pve matches is horrible. Using any premium vehicle to help you grind through any of the progression tanks is pointless, even with a premium account and tank the payout sucks. The payout were way better a year ago.

I think the best deal with this game is not collect much gold at all in advance. Once you purchase the gold, you fall into same logical trap as in any other game with in-game currency meaning, you simply loose perspective how much real money it costed you upon its purchase. Then once you accept false statement that said gold is "worthless" (because there are only limited ways to spend it), so you make purchase using this currency which a way more costly and irrational than if you had to think to spend real money on same item. That are basics on seminars of profitable mmo enterprise :)

I don't really get how long this "guilt" argument of piles of free gold is still viable in 2021, since the whole idea was on the my com. I think i got my free 18k gold from merge and thanks for that, and i heard of higher sums about 30-40k gold but that are not piles of gold. Also, it was my com idea of selling variety of packages of almost same tanks with incentive to re-purchase them again by players (early reskin packs) and get gold as compensation before b20 timers. And then, after all that, the only possibility i see that someone got hundreds thousands or millions of gold would be ether re-buy almost similar packages by many times (which feels kind of unhealthy thing ), or some people who purchased first gen of lootboxes in thousands (because top drops were super rare). So, these series of these lootboxes were generous in gold, but it is my com who created all this. 

If someone has too much gold (for me it is 500K+ ) without  perspective to spend it in AW lifetime, i rather think this due spending too much money on this game in the past, when the grass was greener. Still it surprises me  that people sit on these piles and afraid to spend them - imo first two BP editions were made in a way the player could be easily waste a lot of gold on them, not only because they had a lot of obstacles and time dedication requirements to complete them in "f2p"mode, but there were other nice deals along, especially in Age of Rage BP. 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

On 2/19/2021 at 7:41 PM, itzjustrick said:

Yes, but you can't really buy any more vehicles from it, except for a handful mainly older premiums... This makes it's use very limited and therefore gold is (except for BP initial buy-in) worthless. The BC conversion rate is at least defo not worth imo.

Judging by the popularity of battle paths and battle coins in general, I feel that it's still very useful. But I haven't run the numbers to see how much LESS profitable it is. Not that it matters, the shop wasn't made with BC purchases only in mind.