Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Feb 17 update notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-february-19-0

On the 19th of February 2021, starting from 8:00 CET (18th of February, 11 PM PST), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.34.7774

List of Update 0.34.7774 Changes

Panzer 87-140

In this update, we’re adding the Swiss Panzer 87-140 Tier 10 Premium MBT. Compared to the initial article, we’ve made a number of changes based on several rounds of testing. Most notably:

• Increased the vehicle’s damage output and shell penetration
  • Improved the vehicle’s gun depression
  • Added several performance-enhancing modules
  • Added a choice between two new modules (you can choose between higher rate of fire or better spotting abilities)
  • Added a new passive ability called Auxilliary Ballistic Processor

This ability allows your next shot to be fired with pinpoint accuracy and reduces all accuracy penalties from moving your turret or hull. In order to activate it, your vehicle needs to be stationary for 9.5 seconds and must not fire during this period.

In short, the vehicle will now work as a designated marksman the way it’s intended to.

Mastery Flags

You can now show off your skill when driving a specific vehicle with free flags that do not require you to unlock the flag feature either. You can read more about them in our dedicated article.

General Changes

• Fixed an issue where disabling your vehicle’s visual customization in the Settings window (the Customization toggle in the Gameplay section) would also disable visual customizations of other players’ vehicles
  • Fixed an issue where various missions requiring eliminations could count incorrectly in the Global Operations mode
  • BMPT-72 no longer shoots outside of its aiming circle
  • Moved several real-life camouflages to the historical category
  • Visual customization items (camouflages, decals) are now sorted by alphabet
  • Leopard 2A6 now shows Battalion decals correctly
  • Fixed an issue where some Special Medals would not count correctly for the purpose of match bonus calculation
  • Fixed several smaller visual model issues
  • Fixed several UI issues (temporary text appearances, Battalion Contract mission tab)
  • Added several new assets for future events

I can't hide stupid skins that give me eye cancer anymore, fuck.

Spoiler

The gimmick on the new leopard is... interesting.

Just based on the description, you need to cripple your RoF in order to use it, but making good use of it (i.e. you don't suck at aiming/pixel hunting) guarantees that every shot you fire will hit and penetrate regardless of the range involved. This seems like it would heavily encourage players to have this tank at the back of the map with the team's TDs, and I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing to have in the game.

I'd need to look at the vehicle's stats, but I suspect that this will be the tier 10 vehicle of choice for players who like camping at the back with their MBT (actually no, they generally don't care about actually being effective so they'll just keep using the MBTs they're already using).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you the dumbest active ability on MBTs to date:

This ability allows your next shot to be fired with pinpoint accuracy and reduces all accuracy penalties from moving your turret or hull. In order to activate it, your vehicle needs to be stationary for 9.5 seconds and must not fire during this period.

Guess camper MBT is a new subclass.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

2 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you the dumbest active ability on MBTs to date:

Guess camper MBT is a new subclass.

Yep.  Honestly, though, campers gonna camp.  I wouldn't care if their caMpBT was counted as a TD by the matchmaker, but I guarantee you that AW won't have thought of that and so the matchmaker will be putting these on teams as the required armor.

Honestly, this vehicle sounds all around very meh to me... It might be good if it was classified as a td, but it isn't so here we are... What stats should this vehicle have that are good exactly? Pen? Yeah, we are currently seeing how good the 2ax is... 

I am not holding my breath for this one... It might be decent or even good, but I am currently doubting it.

Edited by itzjustrick (see edit history)

I recon it will be a high damage, ok ROF (similar or better than the ATDU).  Weak armor is it's balancing, perhaps ok on it's own, but in a platoon of 3 it will nuke down a single tank easily.  I think that's going to be the power of it.  I dunno though, just guessing!