Sign in to follow this  
BaJIbkupu9I

Team Yankee voice mod for AW

Hi guys. I am glad to present you the release version of Team Yankee voice sound mod for Armored Warfare.
 I became interested in the idea of making a tank crew voice mod after acquaintance with sound mod of the well-known here comrade TobiichiOrigami from chinese AW forum and his Girls und Panzer voice pack for AW.

The name of this sound mod is a thematic reference to the novel by Harold Coyle, which is dedicated to the actions of a company-sized armor unit of the US Army in the World War III between the Soviet Union and the United States. Where, by the way, historical events begin with the outbreak of a crisis in the Middle East after an Iranian air strike on oil tankers in neutral waters.

This mod is based on phrases from the english voiceover of such games as Battlefield 3-4, Company of Heroes 2, Gunner HEAT PC, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, the film Fury (2014) and Tank School USMC, etc. I also note that the third party voice mods Crew Sound Mod and Thunder Crew helped me a lot during search of sound sources.
 The sound modpack Voice of War made by eXeStyle was also used in the video below: game sounds of tank shots, environment on the map, etc. - check it out here.

Installation: just throw dialog folder into the correct path of game folders, if needed create them. Example: Armored Warfare\Armored Warfare MyCom\localization\english\dialog\. If you don't play in english just replace english with whatever language you use. Steam users follow the same instructions, but also have a folder comprised of numbers between Armored Warfare and Armored Warfare MyCom (my example: G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Armored Warfare\13_2000009\localization\English\dialog).

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DzHHyRDtqMem_BAWMeyuz6mvZ904h_X5/view?usp=share_link 
 Stay tuned for updates here.

Preview:

Edited by BaJIbkupu9I
fixed information about the installation path of the mod (see edit history)
  • Upvote 3

A ton of different voices at different volumes and different filtering, as if there were 30 people in the same tank, using different radio equipment... Sorry man, I recognize how much work modding the voice lines is, but this is garbage to listen to.

Most people here don't realise this, but crew voice modding is absolute hell. This took an insane amount of work and effort to do.

By the way I didn't make Voice of War, I'm responsible for some interface and weapon sound stuff, but VoW is not one of them :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Arto said:

A ton of different voices at different volumes and different filtering, as if there were 30 people in the same tank, using different radio equipment... Sorry man, I recognize how much work modding the voice lines is, but this is garbage to listen to.

Just compare my sound mod with the mentioned Crew Sound Mod and Thunder Crew - they are very similar to each other and are a compilation of phrases from different games. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to make an integral voice-over (for example, Steel Foxes voice mod for WoT recorded by a professional studio Strategic Music voice acting games for money) based on only one game and to make all the phrases fit each other in meaning, while at the same time trying to preserve the variety of sounds.
Every man to his taste. At first I did the voice mod for myself, but later I decided to share it to the public. If you don't like it, your choice.

7 hours ago, Vadim said:

Most people here don't realise this, but crew voice modding is absolute hell. This took an insane amount of work and effort to do.

By the way I didn't make Voice of War, I'm responsible for some interface and weapon sound stuff, but VoW is not one of them :)

Sorry, I've corrected the description. In russian-speaking community author of VoW is known by his real name Vadim, which is why there is some times confusion when mentioned the Voice of War sound mod pack and your's Vadim's Weapon Sounds mod on AL forum.

Edited by BaJIbkupu9I
fix translation (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, BaJIbkupu9I said:

Just compare my sound mod with the mentioned Crew Sound Mod and Thunder Crew - they are very similar to each other and are a compilation of phrases from different games. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to make an integral voice-over (for example, Steel Foxes voice mod for WoT recorded by a professional studio Strategic Music voice acting games for money) based on only one game and to make all the phrases fit each other in meaning, while at the same time trying to preserve the variety of sounds.
Every man to his taste. At first I did the voice mod for myself, but later I decided to share it to the public. If you don't like it, your choice.

Sorry, I've corrected the description. In russian-speaking community author of VoW is known by his real name Vadim, which is why there is some times confusion when mentioned the Voice of War sound mod pack and your's Vadim's Weapon Sounds mod on AL forum.

I see. Interesting, I didn't know that

I just wanted to say that I for one enjoyed this mod very much, thank you for making it. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, Edward said:

I just wanted to say that I for one enjoyed this mod very much, thank you for making it. 

Many thanks, enjoy)
When will the current Battle Path end, if there are no unforeseen cases, I will start making a new sound mod - I’m still choosing the options for the voice source, but the main choice is between the russian-language hodgepodge, by analogy with this mod, or take the voice acting from Panzer Knights and adapt it to the game, since there is a source of original phrases enough for a full-fledged voice mod without borrowing from other sources. But there are difficulties with translating from Japanese to understand their meaning, so perhaps some phrases will not be exactly suitable for some situations, in any case, most do not know Japanese anyway and will just enjoy voiceover from this game like Girls und Panzer voice pack.
The russian-language version of voice acting is also quite feasible, since there are many sources for sounds and I understand russian to match phrases from the game and replaceable ones. But I expect similar earlier critics like "why was it necessary to take different phrases from different games, you have 30 people sitting in the tank", so the anime version of the crew voiceover maybe looks more interesting.
Let's see how things will be, after all, the world is not calm right now, and I am a man liable for military service - if there are no problems in the near future, I am very interested in creating new voice mods, as they add a little variety to the battles in Armored Warfare.

Edited by BaJIbkupu9I
fixed translation (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LesProux said:

What BGM mode did you use????

I think the BGM of your video is a little different.

Hi, music in the video is just added in the video editor for the background, the mod itself does not include any music.

Would you be willing to make a version with just the Gunner, HEAT, PC sounds? 

15 hours ago, Edward said:

Would you be willing to make a version with just the Gunner, HEAT, PC sounds? 

There are some interesting voice lines and in general crew voiceover from this game could be done, but:
- there is no part of the voices for more modern tanks, such as phrases related to the active defense complex. Either leave them blank, or original phrases that will not fit into the rest of the crew voices. The same problem will arise when trying to port the voiceover from the game Call of Duty Modern Warfare;
- in many ways, it is similar to the standard male English voice acting already available in the game, which, as a result, will not be worth enough time and effort spent on adapting it to the armored warfare. I'm not saying that it's bad - it's interesting and can be ported, it's just that there are restrictions due to the pool of phrases and now it doesn't interest me. In my sound mod, I took phrases from it for choosing a loaded ammo, as you might have noticed, there is a choice only between armor-piercing and cumulative - precisely because of the limited set of phrases for some quotas, and an excess of variations for others that are not used in our game due to for its arcade.

11 hours ago, BaJIbkupu9I said:

There are some interesting voice lines and in general crew voiceover from this game could be done, but:
- there is no part of the voices for more modern tanks, such as phrases related to the active defense complex. Either leave them blank, or original phrases that will not fit into the rest of the crew voices. The same problem will arise when trying to port the voiceover from the game Call of Duty Modern Warfare;
- in many ways, it is similar to the standard male English voice acting already available in the game, which, as a result, will not be worth enough time and effort spent on adapting it to the armored warfare. I'm not saying that it's bad - it's interesting and can be ported, it's just that there are restrictions due to the pool of phrases and now it doesn't interest me. In my sound mod, I took phrases from it for choosing a loaded ammo, as you might have noticed, there is a choice only between armor-piercing and cumulative - precisely because of the limited set of phrases for some quotas, and an excess of variations for others that are not used in our game due to for its arcade.

I think I personally would be very much OK if you released a version where it's original voices with MW and another version with original voices plus Gunner, HEAT, PC voices added in. I'm OK with the native voices covering where the other game's lines can't, but to have those more professional sounding voices from GHPC and MW in the game would make me very happy. But, it's your mod, so although I'd be grateful, I totally understand if you don't wish to make one. 

16 hours ago, Edward said:

I think I personally would be very much OK if you released a version where it's original voices with MW and another version with original voices plus Gunner, HEAT, PC voices added in. I'm OK with the native voices covering where the other game's lines can't, but to have those more professional sounding voices from GHPC and MW in the game would make me very happy. But, it's your mod, so although I'd be grateful, I totally understand if you don't wish to make one. 

Check first comment by Arto. :classic_biggrin:  I'll think about it, since I also like the original voice lines from these games and there're some same sound mods for World of Tanks, which can be used as sound pool for AW mod.

Edited by BaJIbkupu9I
fixed translation (see edit history)