Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Don_Shaljian

RDF/LT

High DPM on paper, but low alpha so TTK is very long compared to the Stingray and VFM. It's not particularly bad, but you really have to be able to fire non-stop for extended periods of time in order to get the most out of your DPM.

Mobility and vision control are average, both decent but nothing special compared to other squishies.

Spoiler

RDF/LT needs some love. It could become a pretty decent vehicle if they gave it a clip like the Begleitpanzer 57. 

Right now in PVP it's more of a meme vehicle with HESH. The other LTs are just better most of the time.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yeah the alpha damage is just too low to use effectively, basically in the current pve environment where there is a risk of overexposure to alpha strikes with a paper LT in scenarios where you need the killing shot to stop yourself being spotted, it has troubling doing it consistently. 

Attempts at damage farming with camo control is ruined by the gun's reload you can't utilize the full dpm without burning camo.  The turret being a full damage model also takes away any advantage of peeking versus the Expeditionary Tank.     

After reading this thread, I decided to take mine our for a spin on plague.  It's quite fun, very rapid fire but VERY low damage.  2 shots to take out the AA points was a paid, but the 2.xs reload was nice.  It meant it could dish out a fair amount of chip damage to tanks.  

I feel it might be one to set up for causing fires / module damage to get the most out of it.  Feels like a great support tank (finish off low HP targets while MBT's reload) or track and flank tanks

It's just a bad gun all around.  In addition to poor DPM (despite its high rate of fire), I've also found its pen to be poor.

It might be suitable for some sort of meme-type setup like Azdule suggests, but those are pretty niche and not the foundation of a "good tank".