Since I suspect there will be a lot of things, I'm putting this hear rather than in the more formal bugs forum.

First thing that I noticed before even playing is that the refund of XP for the Leclerc Proto/M1A1/M1A2/Leclerc was not correct.  I receive just over 2M XPs, but when I look at each vehicle and hover over the XP bar to see how many XPs I now need to re-unlock the vehicle fully, the total for the 4 vehicles comes to 2.72M XPs.  There are people online who say that they were able to fully unlock their vehicles, however, so it may not be a universal bug.

Notably, all 4 of those vehicles likely had extra XP earned on them for me, but I have no record of it (no screenshots) so cannot prove it.

And because of past history, this makes me believe that the credit refund probably also wasn't done correctly.  I received a little over 20M credits for the refund, but since I don't have screenshots of those 4 vehicles specifically I can't say for certain what retrofits I might have had installed.  Odds are high that the M1A1 and M1A2 had a full suites worth ~10M credits each, but probably nothing on the 2 Leclercs.  (M1A1 and M1A2 have 80+ matches each, the 2 Leclercs have less than 10 each which indicates that I used Rep to advance them.)  20M credits would pay for the retrofits, but what about the cost of the normal upgrades?  Wouldn't surprise me if that also totaled 20M credits for 4 vehicles.

4f2fvm.jpg

Honestly, I constantly keep crashing to desktop after 10-20s into a battle.I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I know for sure that this wasn't the case before :nerdseal:

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

2 hours ago, knutliott said:

that the refund of XP for the Leclerc Proto/M1A1/M1A2/Leclerc

Errrr stupid question I know, but what about the leclerc proto?

Ahhhhh OK, I see, just updated on my significant other's ancient laptop, new Leclerc Proto, new shit invented, now I have to respend the XP on it, back up to Completed status

Edited by Lenticulas
I killed them all (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

the total for the 4 vehicles comes to 2.72M XPs

2,781,179 is what I came up with.

I only got 2,045,000.

To add in the little gems I'm finding now:

• The progress I had on getting the Improved Barrel Lining on the LeClerc was reset back to 0/10.  I was at 2/10 a couple of weeks ago.
  • The upgrade tree for the M1A2 leads directly to the TTB now instead of the M1A2C?  How does that work?
  • The Type 10 got the crap nerfed out of it.  The spread was upped by quite a bit along with the reload speed (which is what I was hoping they would do).  No announcement in the patch notes about it.  If you are going to have an "MBT" with "light tank" traits, then give it one or the other.

This is just the casual glance right now.

Edited by Katsumoto
bEcAuSe i LiKe tO MeRgE PoStS (see edit history)

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

24 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

2,781,179 is what I came up with.

I only got 2,045,000.

In my case, 2,720,654 needed but only 2,048,553 received.

I received similar amount of rep ~2M.

Per calculation it appears the amount of XP to make it 100% is following 

image.png.0038b1b734b99880275bbad7407219d9.png

As per retros - Lec T9 has them all in place, my compensation was ~10 mln, i don't recall what retros Lec T7 and M1A2 had. But all tanks were fully upgraded and i am not sure how much it is.

2 minutes ago, knutliott said:

So I guess this gets to be a bit more wild.

I'll add this in, now keep in mind I have the entire branch up through the LeClerc T4 unlocked with a good number of battles on most of these:

• To upgrade the LeClerc, I'm short by 4320 XP.....okay, sure, that's a PvE match to be done.
  • To upgrade the LeClerc Proto to a fully unlocked status, I'm still short from a fully upgraded tank by 160,764.  How exactly when I had everything unlocked before today?

How exactly did this happen?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

3 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

How exactly did this happen?

Well, there could be lots of reasons.... take your pick

• We tried to do it right and messed up the calculation
  • We did it deliberately, that's all you're getting
  • We didn't even think about it and just assumed the XP would somehow match
  • Ooh look a squirrel!
  • It's close enough, we need to get the update out ASAP, we'll fix it later
  • Don't worry they'll never notice
  • Drinks for everyone - I'm paying!

OK I'll stop now ;->

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

51 minutes ago, knutliott said:

Oops, I played 3 games after taking the screenshots and earned 1080 Rep, so I actually only received 2,047,473 Rep from the rollback.

Now that 0.33 has gone live, I've had a prolonged period of time with the rebalance. After cross-referencing my notes from my previous two docs (from stage 1 and 2 respectively) and my records from the PTS with the live version of 0.33, I've formed yet another list outlining the issues, concerns and bugs with 0.33. I don't wish to post a massive reply with all of my observations and thoughts, so I'll just post the link to my new doc here.

In summary, there have been multiple changes to 0.33 following stage 2 of the PTS, both positive and negative. Some are noticeable and legitimate improvements (primarily balance-based), while others (mostly those with regards to individual vehicles and/or mechanics) have arguably taken a step in the wrong direction. Several smaller issues and bugs still remain/linger on, but these are mostly harmless and/or minor and honestly expected at this point (sadly). Ultimately, however, many crucial, pressing factors/matters have yet to be addressed properly (or haven't been addressed at all).

I've attempted to formalize and objectify my comments and language this time around, as 0.33 has already gone live (and therefor suggestions/recommendations are now moot). Consequently, most should find the contents of this new document to be far less subjective and more grounded/factual. The format of the list has also shifted to that of a virtual Covey Matrix in an attempt to better categorize and convey the urgency and importance of various points. Once again, editing has been disabled this time around, but comments are enabled and welcomed. Subsequent valid/constructive community feedback will be added and/or edited to the doc. 

I would greatly appreciate it if everyone from the AW community could read and share my work and provide their feedback/perspectives. I look forward everyone's opinion(s), explanation(s), and solution(s) (whatever is applicable). Of course, as before, the intention is to send this feedback to the AW team.

As previously mentioned in my earlier post in the PTS Stage 2 thread, I have also been working on proposed armor models/layouts for numerous vehicle lines (as well as several particular/individual high-tier vehicles) for 0.33. This has been a personal initiative to address the lack of diverse and interesting armor profiles/models on the PTS by providing examples for different vehicles/lines in an attempt to establish a foundation/baseline from which the developers could reference as they continue to tweak vehicles. 

I'm currently occupied with school, so I will have limited time to complete this side-project of mine. However, depending on community interest, I will consider finalizing these models and making an extensive new topic where I can present these visual concept(s). 

Not really a bug, or maybe it is. But during some GLOPS I was in a K2, ate a couple of PISH rounds from a Chally 2 ATDU through the front and something I don't recall seeing in ages happened: All my crew members died while my tank still had HP basically killing me.

I'd chalk that up to how weak and vulnerable the K2 is against HEAT and the like, but I can't remember seeing a tank in pve or any pvp mode losing all their crew members like that.

3 minutes ago, reciprocate said:

but I can't remember seeing a tank in pve or any pvp mode losing all their crew members like that.

This was a common occurrence back when PISH and Thermobarics were meta. Even crew killing Challengers was doable with decent ping/skill/luck (or a combination of the three).

Now that Thermobarics are extremely powerful once again, I wouldn't be surprised if a resurgence in crew kills occurs once more. 

Edited by di_duncan
Additional comments. (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, di_duncan said:

This was a common occurrence back when PISH and Thermobarics were meta. Even crew killing Challengers was doable with decent ping/skill/luck (or a combination of the three).

Now that Thermobarics are extremely powerful once again, I wouldn't be surprised if a resurgence in crew kills occurs once more. 

Well that's no good. I wonder if that was their intent, probably will be seeing an influx of CR2 ATDU PISH abuse/spam along with Thermobarics again, seemed like it took them awhile to clamp that down back then too.

1 minute ago, reciprocate said:

influx of CR2 ATDU PISH abuse/spam

PISH is fine. It hasn't seen significant changes to its state in 0.32.

The K2 is inherently weak to PISH, how else would it be balanced considering its frontal immunity against AP with penetration under 850mm? My friend Shrek used to love the ADTU as a soft counter against AP resistant threats such as the CATTB and the K2 (even though the vehicle wasn't particularly competitive against anything else). That being said, I've already voiced my concerns regarding this asymmetrical armor protection in both my previous PTS stage 2 as well as my most recent 0.33 (live) document(s).

Thermobarics have come back into the conversation though, primarily due to their raw [potential] alpha damage (although it doesn't look like internal damage has changed).  

PISH is not fine, rankeds are currently either 10 or 9 ATDU per side, with PISH. They can even pen each other frontally, it pens *anything* frontally.
This update killed the game for me, I expect player numbers to die shortly.

So many other things are absolutely insane I can't even begin to list them, this shitshow should have never made it to live.

Edited by Flavio93Zena (see edit history)
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Flavio93Zena said:

PISH is not fine, rankeds are currently either 10 or 9 ATDU per side, with PISH. They can even pen each other frontally, it pens *anything* frontally.

That's what I was afraid of.. Well fuck.

46 minutes ago, Flavio93Zena said:

Maybe for the 7% who play PvP.  :classic_ninja:

The update is... strange... but manageable in PvE.  I suspect it's mostly a need to re-learn various things because a decent number of vehicles can't be used the way you used to use them.

For example, I used to do insane amounts of damage in my Hunter.  I still do good damage, but it has dropped significantly at least for the moment because PELE doesn't seem as effective as it used to be, and the Hunter's AP is nearly useless now due to the way you play a Hunter combined with the nerf to AP penetration at range. But on the flip side, it is much easier to get spotting damage in a Hunter now even though its vision range was nerfed simply because everyone else's vision range was nerfed harder.  Especially MBTs.

The Hellfire's ATGMs were buffed in damage (they do 1200 now), but nerfed in rate of fire (from 2.5 to 4.0).  The net result is an overall nerf, but might actually make the overprogression missile upgrade useful.  It's no longer 100% to ROF (just 25%), but it also is no longer 16.67% to reload (now it's just 9%).  But overall the vehicle just isn't as good as it used to be.

Lots more to check out, but so far in PvE it isn't bad just different.  My opinion may change when I try MBTs, though.

Yet another person who lost out on XP and credit compensation for the M1A1, M1A1, and Proto Leclerc. I had researched all of the upgrades on all 3 tanks, but after I had re-researched and repurchased the upgrades in 0.33 I had somehow ended up with less credits and XP (~70k XP and ~2M credits) than I had before 0.33 released (and I did not buy or research anything that would account for this difference). Note that this also does not account for the fact that I had the M1A1 and Proto Leclerc at 100% and now need another ~95k and ~160k XP respectively to get both tanks back to 100%.

I haven't looked at the vehicles that much yet, I'll be back with updates in a few hours.

Edit 1: just noticed that the M1A2 is missing one of the unlockable free XP injections (worth ~67k XP), it should have 4 (like every other tier 7-10 MBT) instead of the 3 that are shown.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

21 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

Yet another person who lost out on XP and credit compensation for the M1A1, M1A1 [sic], 
Edit 1: just noticed that the M1A2 is missing one of the unlockable free XP injections (worth ~67k XP), it should have 4 (like every other tier 7-10 MBT) instead of the 3 that are shown.

Oofda. The Abrams line gets shafted again (but I guess now we are all in good company with the French.)   I'm still not quite clear on what happened to the upgrade trees - did these upgrades get more expensive? [I also see that the only armor upgrade is TUSK now, so there's no option to do medium ERA, and the breech upgrade now speeds reloads by 7% instead of 13/12.5%. ]That might explain why a 1:1 comp for XP and credits doesn't cover the cost of the same upgrade in 0.33.

I wasn't playing the M1A1 that much once I unlocked the M1A2, even though it had better mobility. I am thinking I might just use the XP and credits sucked off the M1A1 to offset the incremental cost of fitting out the M1A2.

I hope the T9 token still works for any T9 from the same dealer - if the unlock is restricted only to the TTB, the Abrams line is a giant dead end.

QR

Edited by Quantum_Ranger
Data added. (see edit history)

Not sure if this is a 'bug' but now, you cannot see who is driving a Premium tank, by looking at the list of players in-match, (unless you know the tanks of course)

i.e. they are not in bold(er) font anymore

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

Mech Infantry instantly dying again....

Tried my Type 89 IFV out, and discovered that intermittently the first infantryman will die just stepping out the door when nobody is shooting at us... the others just stay in the IFV.

I thought they fixed this before, but maybe it's become un-fixed.

QR

The Lecerc Reset looks to have been completely screwed sidewase,  I lost money and and XP in teh exchange....  Nothing better then getting robbed by the game DEV team..>WOOOHOOO<

PELE no longer seems to works on the roof, engine-deck, or anywhere else on MBTs.

The pen drops with range, until it immediately doesn't pen at all, and then you get 5 dam/shot.

Apparently gas tanks removed as a type of module, but i didn't see information when commander perks are going to be fixed. 

image.png.07f0578eb5fa1146808e074b1c0e1ae3.png