Haswell

Spirithaven Megathread

So I just tried three times  to beat chapter 4 T10 and miserably failed.

If there are people who have completed it already can you please share your tactics and vehicle setups?

From what I could already gather:

Damage on Magnus is not dependent on ingame damage but on damage ticks which is dependent on the amounts of attacking bradleys that are alive.

Second: 5x T15 is one of the setups that was successful. Brute Burst and DPM I suspect :sealofapproval:

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

After 5 tries, we finished Spirithaven Spec Ops Chapter 4 on Extreme.

A few points taken from this run:

• There are no internal timers for each objective. The only main concern is keeping Magnus alive when he is surrounded by Bradleys while the flagship thing is also targeting you. In Extreme difficulty he has 15k HP but loses 1k at a time.
  • Assign players on different focus: those destroying Bradleys and those destroying the gun / missile turrets on the flagship. For those destroying the turrets, thermobaric missiles can help as they have a good splash radius.
  • Keep moving when the turrets are about to come online. React too slowly and you may not get out from multiple stacks artillery-like missile strikes.
  • As for the guns, they will aim at you with laser before blasting at you with their one-hit kill guns. As long as the lasers end up beaming on some obstacles, you should be fine, but there are cases where you can still die from them.
  • As for the final phase, have at least one player stay on top to kill bots popping out from spawn, whereas the rest hunker down behind Su-25 wreckages from one-hit kill blasts and defending any potential threats coming to cap.

Regarding the screenshot with safe spots, I decided to parallel park on the left because the T-15 is quite long, and the wreckage may not cover the vehicle fully from bombardment if you park sideways. BMPTs are fine though; you can shove at least four of them in that spot.

SH4 spawn kill.jpg

SH4 safe spots.jpg

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Damage on Magnus is entirely scripted, think of it as a hidden timer that keeps ticking down as long as the marked bots are alive. The faster you kill the bots early on, the more time you will have to deal with the later bot waves before Magnus runs out of health.

On our successful try, we made it a priority to focus down the marked bots as soon as they appeared (almost like MC4 when protecting the guns), then we dealt with the turrets. I used thermobaric missiles because of its 6m splash radii, this let me severely damage several turrets in a short time span and made it far easier for others to shoot them down.

The arty circles can be easily avoided by staying in 3rd person camera and moving whenever they pop up. The one hit kill cannons can also be blocked using terrain like crates and pillars.

In the final phase on the ship, we realized we don't really need everybody down in there. One or two players staying up top to kill the bots that would come down makes the defense extremely easy, since the bots are scripted to move straight from their spawn into the caps and are entirely exposed to anyone shooting at them from behind.

We ran with 4x T-15s and 1x T40, but that's because we were still inexperienced. A bit of theorycrafting suggests that you only really need 2x T-15s (maybe Termi 2s) to deal with Magnus, everyone else can play whatever they want as long as they are competent at staying alive.

@Qbicle @Serpent have the replays, so I'm sure they can offer more tips and screenshots.

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Qbicle said:

As for the final phase, have at least one player stay on top to kill bots popping out from spawn, whereas the rest hunker down behind Su-25 wreckages from one-hit kill blasts and defending any potential threats coming to cap.

42 minutes ago, Qbicle said:

SH4 spawn kill.jpg

Thanks for the info. Imo what I did is way easier for the last phase. You and your team don't need to go down through ramp. Send one guy to ship and cap while all other teammates spawnkill bots in both side which in my opinion, is way easier and better way to make cover for last escape cap.

Edited by Yeti (see edit history)

7:20 PM :

for those who are interested... there are the "buttons" to destroy (with guns) to spawn Resupply areas
unknown.png?width=400&height=225

7:22 PM :

they should be here
unknown.png

7:22 PM :

didn't notice other atm

Italian mapped out the random resupply points added with the last patch. It seems like there will only be 2 points active on the map, but luckily their placements aren't that bad.

I also learned that to make the final turret + marked bots phase easier, it's crucial to NOT shoot at the engine before getting into position to kill the marked bots. The turrets are apparently scripted to come online once the engine gets halfway destroyed, but the marked bots spawn on a hidden timer instead. It's thus entirely possible to kill the marked bots before dealing with the turrets.

Spoiler

There are new changes to this week's update:

List of Update 0.31.6094 Changes

Spirithaven Special Operation, Chapter 4

• Changed the position of the drones in the final phase of the battle, increasing the space players have to maneuver
  • Increased the delay between the drones using their lasers to indicate they are about the fire and the firing itself
  • Fixed the drone movement animation to make it smoother
  • Increased the time it takes for enemy vehicles to capture objectives during the “Cover Magnus” phase from 15 to 21 seconds
  • The amount of damage Magnus’ tank takes every 5 seconds during the “Help Magnus” phase reduced on the Extreme difficulty from 1000 to 850

The biggest change should be the last one. It should give us more breathing space to save Magnus from his magical damage when being hugged by enemy Bradleys.

aMcZOFg.png

Playing SH this weekend after a long intermission... and back to failing Extreme SH4 miserably. Everyone seems to die before we get to the final ramp, even though folks (from multiple regions) are racking up good quantities of damage.  Did SH4 get harder after all the updates (AI vehicle changes, downgraded HE mechanics) or am I just out of practice [not that I was ever that good]?

Reading this thread has helped remind me of some details that I had forgotten, which probably contributes to the problem.