Vadim

Vadim's Weapon Sounds mod 2.9

Mod changes the sound of all the weapons in the game, except the Shilkas. This includes main guns, autocannons, machine guns and ATGMs. The ATGM sounds were taken from TobiichiOrigamis sound mod, as I was too lazy to deal with the ATGM soundfile shennanigans. and the external rotary cannon sounds were taken from Artos mod.

It also changes out the sounds for all three infantry dismounts, highly recommended with Arto's infantry dialogue mod

The sounds used come from War Thunder, Squad, DCS  and Gunner Heat PC.

Installation: just throw the three fsb files into the correct folder, if needed create them. The fsb files location should look like below. If you don't play in English just replace English with whatever language you use.  image.png.139dac84e2dd74209d061e219dda13c0.png

Steam users follow the same instructions, but also have a folder comprised of numbers between Armored Warfare and Armored Warfare MyCom (or somewhere along those lines).

You can download the mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUdJU4fOTX-EbJFEyHkn_oiE9f0bwYTb/view?usp=sharing

Alternative 140+mm guns version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w31NMIKjLYje5ajIgg3REdrEMiWgi7e0/view?usp=sharing

Quick tip: This mod only changes the weapon sounds, which means, if you like the extra sounds of Voice of War, but prefer these weapon sounds, you can install Voice of War first, then this mod, overwriting the files in /weapons to get these weapon sounds, while keeping the various engine, UI etc. sounds of Voice of War.

Showcase video:

Update changes:

14. 1. - new low caliber AC sounds:

11. 12. - new coaxial sounds, and a volume tweak: 

11. 12. round 2: New internal 40+mm autocannon sounds, no video

3. 12. - New rotary sounds: 

2. 12. - Quick update that adds overhauled 140+mm gun sound , internally and externally. No video, because lazy and tired.

The 27th of November update brings new sounds to many weapons, you can check the update showcase below

Edited by Vadim
Update (see edit history)
  • Upvote 9

:partyseal:

Good sound mods are one thing I simply cannot play without now, I already forgotten what vanilla sounds like.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Really enjoyed the videos, first time I started to get tired of the vanilla sounds I suggested on the discord to just at least change the sounds on the coax guns and mg based on caliber, I dont know, just to hear some variety. But now that I see this videos and another called the voice of war, from this forum as well. I can say that it changes the game a lot, engines, gun sounds, ac sound etc... it gives every vehicle a lot more personality. Always hated when Strv2k was released, how bad the ac burst sound was, it was just general ac sound but faster because of the burst.

Im a bit lazy to install this kind of mods just because if I have to update them everytime the game updates... xd lazyness I guess, I wish this was oficial or they at least care a bit more about the sound department on the game. idk, maybe one day when Im bored haha

6 hours ago, Hellcat said:

Really enjoyed the videos, first time I started to get tired of the vanilla sounds I suggested on the discord to just at least change the sounds on the coax guns and mg based on caliber, I dont know, just to hear some variety. But now that I see this videos and another called the voice of war, from this forum as well. I can say that it changes the game a lot, engines, gun sounds, ac sound etc... it gives every vehicle a lot more personality. Always hated when Strv2k was released, how bad the ac burst sound was, it was just general ac sound but faster because of the burst.

Im a bit lazy to install this kind of mods just because if I have to update them everytime the game updates... xd lazyness I guess, I wish this was oficial or they at least care a bit more about the sound department on the game. idk, maybe one day when Im bored haha

You don't have to do anything with mods when the game updates because we're using the localization system to effectively inject new content.

You don't have to reinstall mods ever unless they change the file system someday.

Edited by Arto (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arto said:

You don't have to do anything with mods when the game updates because we're using the localization system to effectively inject new content.

You don't have to reinstall mods ever unless they change the file system someday.

Yeah, thank you, finally I understand how it works... Now its time to test some mods :)

EDIT: Btw, do this mods slow the loading progress when entering the match?

Edited by Hellcat (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Hellcat said:

Yeah, thank you, finally I understand how it works... Now its time to test some mods :)

Possibly? I have not noticed a slowdown on SSD.

• Upvote 1

Update out!

23 hours ago, Hellcat said:

Only time you would need to reinstall the mods is if you wanted to grab the newest version. Which isn't required anyway

• Upvote 1

Well thank you guys for the answers, after playing the game a bit with the sound mods I have to say that this did revived the game a lot more for me, it gives a lot more personality to the vehicles, I dont know why they dont invest a little more on the sound section of the game. Or at least give more variety to the vehicles gun sounds by caliber and engines and let others mod it... Since as I did read in other post they are unnoficially tolerated, but wel I guess is just dreaming xd

EDIT: I wish because of this the coax and mgs had different sounds by caliber, although I know they arent that useful to care about having  better sounds, but anyway would be good.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hellcat said:

Well thank you guys for the answers, after playing the game a bit with the sound mods I have to say that this did revived the game a lot more for me, it gives a lot more personality to the vehicles, I dont know why they dont invest a little more on the sound section of the game. Or at least give more variety to the vehicles gun sounds by caliber and engines and let others mod it... Since as I did read in other post they are unnoficially tolerated, but wel I guess is just dreaming xd

EDIT: I wish because of this the coax and mgs had different sounds by caliber, although I know they arent that useful to care about having  better sounds, but anyway would be good.

Im happy to hear you enjoy it

Unfortunately coax all uses the same sounds. Can't separate them by caliber

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Vadim said:

Im happy to hear you enjoy it

Unfortunately coax all uses the same sounds. Can't separate them by caliber

Yeah I know thats why I wish they made it separate XD some coax and mg sound stupid when you know they are 12.7mm+.

Update out!

On 12/6/2022 at 12:10 AM, Hellcat said:

Yeah I know thats why I wish they made it separate XD some coax and mg sound stupid when you know they are 12.7mm+.

It's your lucky day if you wanted better MG sounds!

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)

Update out (yes, again)

This time internal sounds for large caliber autocannons got tweaked a bit

New alternative version up. Internals are kinda fucked, but I really don't have the energy to sort them out. Use if you like them better I guess.

Is there a video showcasing the alternative?

On 2/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, Vadim said:

New alternative version up. Internals are kinda fucked, but I really don't have the energy to sort them out. Use if you like them better I guess.