Sign in to follow this  
Vadim

Armored Warfare Revisited - Sound mod

Armored Warfare Revisited is a weapon sound mod merging the sounds from my older mod - Vadim's weapon sound mod, with old sounds Armored Warfare used to have all those years ago in the Obsidian era.

You can download the mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXcLLk4iYoNFYOZU5WNOjBaqVZZY3DYW/view?usp=sharing

Installation: throw the contents of the zip into your localization folder, so it looks like this:image.png.139dac84e2dd74209d061e219dda13c0.png

If you use steam it should look something like Armored Warfare/some random numbers/Armored Warfare/localization...

The mod changes every weapon system's sound in the game. You can check out how exactly it changes stuff in the video below:

3. 12. New rotary sounds: 

Update on 2nd of December changes 140+ mm gun sounds. No video because tired and lazy

Update 1.1 adds new sounds for low caliber autocannons: 

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)
  • Upvote 7

On 11/8/2022 at 3:54 AM, Vadim said:

with old sounds Armored Warfare used to have all those years ago in the Obsidian era.

Can you elaborate more on this?
Do you have access to the sound files of the game from some of the best-time versions of this project? (late summer / autumn / winter 2015 - winter 2016)

If so, I would like to know in more detail: which version of the game and is there a complete sound package? I mean not only gun shots, but also other sounds, such as the interface in battle, voice acting for the crew, sounds of active systems triggering on an approaching guided missile, ricochets and so on, absolutely all sounds.

The fact is that the ideal sound pack for me is one that will allow you to feel in battles now as if it were late summer / autumn / winter 2015 - winter 2016, with the help of sounds. Because in my opinion the best sounds of this game were at that time (and not only them, the interface, balance, gameplay in the end and online)

1 hour ago, OwO_Ishimura said:

Can you elaborate more on this?
Do you have access to the sound files of the game from some of the best-time versions of this project? (late summer / autumn / winter 2015 - winter 2016)

If so, I would like to know in more detail: which version of the game and is there a complete sound package? I mean not only gun shots, but also other sounds, such as the interface in battle, voice acting for the crew, sounds of active systems triggering on an approaching guided missile, ricochets and so on, absolutely all sounds.

The fact is that the ideal sound pack for me is one that will allow you to feel in battles now as if it were late summer / autumn / winter 2015 - winter 2016, with the help of sounds. Because in my opinion the best sounds of this game were at that time (and not only them, the interface, balance, gameplay in the end and online)

It's literally just a GitHub repository from like 6 years ago my guy, there's nothing to really elaborate on. Here's the link, knock yourself out.  https://github.com/nokillnando/ACFAwSounds

If you want to use 100% old sounds go ahead, modding your game to do so isn't hard. But there's a reason I didn't just use old sounds. 

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1