Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

January 28 Update Notes

Source:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-january-28

On the 28th of January 2021, starting from 8:00 CET (27th of January, 11 PM PST), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.34.7657

List of Update 0.34.7657 Changes

PvE Changes

In this update, we’re introducing a number of changes to the PvE modes that are available in the game:

• Added 35 wheeled vehicles to the AI pool (learn more)
  • Added 34 tracked vehicles to the AI pool (learn more)
  • Significantly changed the pool of potential Lieutenant and standard AI vehicles (learn more)
  • Lieutenant AI vehicles can now deploy smoke

We have removed the delay between the moment you get spotted and the appearance of the eye indicator in PvE modes. That way, you will always know instantly whenever you become spotted by an AI opponent.

We have also updated the AI vehicle reaction mechanism in order to reduce various unpopular AI “snap shot” situations where AI vehicles target and fire at you the moment you are spotted. However, the same AI vehicles will now remember where you are for a longer period of time.

General Changes

• The game now remembers whether you opened or closed various Visual Customization UI categories and keeps them that way
  • PvP loading screen minimaps now feature the location of spawning positions
  • Fixed several smaller visual model issues
  • Added several new assets for future events

Time to brace for impact?

aMcZOFg.png

I'll just wait for the inevitable bugs that will get fixed next week instead.

Spoiler

The game now remembers whether you opened or closed various Visual Customization UI categories and keeps them that way

pog thanks :happyseal:

Hope stuff gets harder for a change

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

We have removed the delay between the moment you get spotted and the appearance of the eye indicator in PvE modes. That way, you will always know instantly whenever you become spotted by an AI opponent.

We have also updated the AI vehicle reaction mechanism in order to reduce various unpopular AI “snap shot” situations where AI vehicles target and fire at you the moment you are spotted. However, the same AI vehicles will now remember where you are for a longer period of time.

These are both rather significant QOL improvements.  This will make the bots behave more like real players rather than (poorly optimized) omniscient computers.

From a sample of one single heroic run, I can say for certain that the inclusion of wheelie bots actually made the game easier. Less T-15 spam overall because Wilks now took up the spot, and Sphinxes aren't too different than the Bradley spam.

Haven't checked low tiers yet, but I expect the Swingfire spam to have lessened considerably. The problem now is IT-1 bots...

Spoiler

The AI does seems to push the flanks more. Not sure if I am a fan of this.

Now they need to update bot spawn locations and update the maps to show where the bots will be spawning from, kinda like they do on PvP maps.

3 hours ago, JintoLin said:

The AI does seems to push the flanks more. Not sure if I am a fan of this.

I haven't experienced that yet, but it sounds like an improvement to me.  I would prefer to see bots pushing the flanks and performing other normal, rational tactics than to have them simply spawn behind me in an area that has already been cleared to simulate flanking.

If the bots actually flank now, that gives LTs and AFVs a role role to play other than fire support.

Is there any word on what the 95 MB update that showed up is about?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Just an update to DirectX binaries it seems, I don't see anything else being touched from the manifest.

7AQVwlT.png

Spoiler

Definitely not a fan of the new AI tweaks. They human spawn has been rushed by the bots and the team wiped on several different matches and levels now.