Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

In Development: Panzer 87-140

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-panzer-87-140

scr2

Click the image to open a larger version

In Armored Warfare, the Panzer 87-140 will be a Tier 10 Premium Main Battle Tank.

But before we get into any details, the usual disclaimer:

The numbers below are very preliminary as the vehicle has not been properly tested. They are sure to change and should only be discussed as an indicator of how we’d like to set the vehicle up. With that being said:

The tank will occupy a position similar to the already existing Leopard 2AX. In other words, this vehicle will be an MBT long range fighter with a lot of firepower but only average armor and mobility (even though the latter will surpass the Leopard 2AX). Compared to the Leopard 2AX, the protection will be somewhat lower but the firepower will be higher.

The armor will be roughly the same as that of the Leopard 2AX – not excessively weak, but nothing to write home about. It’s worth noting that the hull will lack some of the extra plating of the turret and you’ll have to be very careful not to expose it too much. The vehicle will also be equipped with a soft-kill APS, but, unlike on the Leopard 2AX, a hard-kill APS will not be present. On the upside, the soft-kill APS will have the supercharged mode available.

scr3

On the upside, the firepower will be excellent. We’re looking at a 140mm gun capable of firing two types of ammunition, just like in real life:

• APFSDS (with cca 905mm penetration)
  • HEAT-MP (capable of dealing damage even upon non-penetrations)

The gun will be very accurate (although not as accurate as that of the Leopard) and will offer solid damage per minute, depression and elevation values. Overall, this will be a comfortable tank to play with good fire control.

The mobility will be roughly the same as that of the Leopard 2AX. The engine will be a bit weaker, but the tank will also be somewhat lighter. As a result, the maximum speed will be 70 km/h and the MBT will accelerate from 0 to 32 km/h in roughly 4.9 seconds. And last but not least, the camouflage factor and viewrange will also match those of the Leopard 2AX. Aside from the abovementioned Supercharged Soft-Kill APS active ability, this tank will also feature one more called Override, which temporarily improves your vehicle's acceleration and maximum speed. This ability also makes you lose less speed during sharp turns.

scr4

In summation, the Panzer 87-140 will be an adequate premium counterpart to the Leopard 2AX and a capable sniper within the constraints of its class. Both its shell types will be extremely deadly and the punch they will deliver will leave your enemies reeling from the blows. On the other hand, with its mediocre protection levels, you’ll need to take cover as much as you’ll be able to. This won’t be a front-line fighter impervious to enemy shots, but rather a battlefield marksman taking out its prey at long distances.

Looks pretty boring, pretty much a 2A5 hull (no armor upgrade) with a single shot 140mm gun. Super softkill isn't nearly useful enough to warrant attention, and Override is flat out a worse version of Top Speed which the 2AX gets.

XM1A3 and 99A2-140 exist already, so I don't see what niche the Pz 87-140 fills. Looks cool I guess.

Also, will be lootbox.

YNgtfCX.png

Spoiler

As you said - doesn't appear to be bringing anything new to the game, just some tweaks / visual changes from other tanks.

With the mention of good DPM, I'm imagining a 8s reload on the 140, high pen, high alpha.  Maybe slightly quicker than the abrams 140 gun?  

Seems to be going for a backline MBT roll...which from .33 changes seems to be going against the grain with the pen drop off / playstyle they wanted with that?  Perhaps it's shells won't lose that much pen over distance..and you know...HEAT shells exist.

I need this even if it's shit. Give me all the lootboxes.

Also a swiss skin (camo with platoon number and swiss number plate) would be nice

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Imo this adorable thing rather belongs to tier 8, with some far-fetching assumptions to tier 9, where it would distinct with unique 140mm gun. 

8 hours ago, Azdule said:

With the mention of good DPM, I'm imagining a 8s reload on the 140, high pen, high alpha.  Maybe slightly quicker than the abrams 140 gun? 

Seeing the total lack of armor, it needs a whole lot better dpm than that. It simply needs to be better than the 99a2-140 and xm1a3 with 140mm from a dpm/pen perspective. 50mm pen is insignificant, so it needs good dpm. Will it get it, not sure...

On 1/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, dfnce said:

Imo this adorable thing rather belongs to tier 8, with some far-fetching assumptions to tier 9, where it would distinct with unique 140mm gun. 

It would be OP at Tier 8, given that it's basically a Leo 2A5 (which is Tier 8) with an upgraded 140mm gun.  If it were a really old gun I could maybe see leaving it and balancing it at Tier 8, but the 140 on this tank is essentially an all-new clean slate design (from the 1980s).  I.e. it's the same generation as the other NATO 140s in the game at Tier 10.

So... yeah, it should probably be Tier 9.  10 seems like a stretch given the lack of armor.

I am Jack's total lack of excitement.

This sounds like another T-72B3, just like a progression vehicle but you have to pay real money for it.

Some stuff courtesy of our RU comrades.

emZQKHd.jpg

NBSggJ2.jpg

6bJfNwp.jpg

YfN3wKA.jpg

Looks very similar to the XM1A3, still need to see the HEAT alpha though.

Spoiler

Some more stats, courtesy of Soren.

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1530.jpg

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1530_1.jpg

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1522.jpg

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1522_1.jpg

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1522_3.jpg

Armored_Warfare_MyCom_210219_1522_4.jpg

All in all, basically a slightly different Leo 2AX. Abilities are Override, Zero In, Super Softkill.

Spoiler

It's pointless, since the reload buff is so insignificant and will only last for 20 seconds (3 shots at best). If accuracy is what you desire, then all you have to do is sit still for the passive ability to kick in after 9 seconds.

Super softkill on the other hand would be situationally useful, but only against a lot of missiles at once.

Override seems to be the most useful ability overall, since it offers a 7s speed boost with a short enough cooldown. It's not Top Speed, but still better than nothing.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Haswell said:

Super softkill on the other hand would be situationally useful, but only against a lot of missiles at once.

Do we know whether or not Super Softkill will actually have some affect on bots, seeing as regular softkill essentially doesn't?

From what I've seen super softkill is the one thing that actually works, albeit subject to RNG (affected missiles can still sometimes hit you). Unfortunately the short duration and long cooldown makes it only situationally useful.

Spoiler

So, the mail ru delivered in rush this tank to market in "part" lootboxes as tier 10. 

The tank per reviews of testers people seems to be in need of many buffs to compensate its tier 7 armor, but such fantasy buffs can make him imaginary tank beyond reasonable limits.

Probably it is the most underperforming premium tank ever released in the game.

Well.....I guess I'm glad my I have my 2AX battle-hardened.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."