Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

New Contract in November: King Charles Edition

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/historical-camouflages-british-mcdcs

The British Contract, which is coming in November, will not only bring a brand-new Premium vehicle, but also a British camouflage you’ll be able to earn by just playing the game – the Multi-Coloured Camouflage Scheme (or MCDCS).

The camo itself isn't too interesting, but now we know the next contract will be British-themed with a British vehicle most likely. Other than that, not much info.

It goes without saying that you should get your Arjun soon before it goes away.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Coming in mid-November, if it doesn't get delayed for one reason or another.

KGtbfSQ.png

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-centurion-avre

You’ve been waiting for a new Contract vehicle to replace the Arjun for a while now and we are finally ready to unveil it – it is the Centurion AVRE Main Battle Tank!

In Armored Warfare, the Centurion AVRE will be a Tier 8 Premium Main Battle Tank.

Yes, that’s right, Tier 8 – before we get to the game concept of this rather unique vehicle, let’s talk a bit about the Tier because it sounds a bit strange to have a vehicle from the 1960s so high, doesn’t it?

scr6

Click the image to open a larger version

The core of this decision is – you, the players, or more specifically your feedback. We really wanted to introduce the AVRE into the game because it’s such an interesting vehicle. We also wanted you to have it not as a part of a Battle Path, but in an event or a Contract, which meant we’d be looking at the Tier 6 to Tier 8 bracket. Tier 6 was a relatively fine choice but we traditionally offer at least Tier 7 vehicles as a part of the Contract Mission system. The thing was, Tier 7 is not exactly popular these days based on your feedback. It’s either Tier 6 or Tier 8 that matter. Additionally:

• The vehicle was in service during the Gulf War alongside the Challenger (we know we are stretching it but we’re creeping into the Tier 7-8 territory here)
  • The shells of the gun are simply enormous, the firepower is exceptional
  • Armored Warfare armor values are not historical but according to reputable sources, the engineers claimed that the vehicle was fairly sturdy for its day

All these factors led to the decision to introduce it for Tier 8. We hope you’ll forgive us if we make it properly awesome to play. We fully intend to make it fun.

scr7

Speaking of fun – let’s dive right into the core idea, which is to give you basically a slow, heavily armored mobile bunker with a massive gun lobbing 165mm HESH shells at the enemy. The armor itself should be able to withstand the fire from other Tier 8 guns and should be roughly as thick as that of the Al Hussein MBT. The ERA kit is the same too – the ROMOR armor is also used by Al Hussein. Note that just like in real life, the hull side panels are not ERA – they are composite armor elements. The dozer blade will also act as additional armor – just don’t expect much ramming damage here – the AVRE is way too slow for that.

scr8

And the gun – well, 165mm HESH is no joke. It’ll fire slowly but deal tremendous damage upon hit. The exact amounts are still being tuned, as is its penetration. What is sure, however, is that:

• The shells will fly slowly so hitting moving targets at longer distances will be tough
  • The vehicle will feature excellent gun elevation and depression (-10/+20)

The downside will, of course, be the mobility – the AVRE will be very slow (34 km/h maximum speed) and sluggish. The turret will traverse fast enough for you to engage anyone circling around you but you definitely won’t be able to out-maneuver anyone, that’s for certain. And as for camouflage and view-range, well... it’s a massive steel box that levels a building with a single shot but has the optics from the 1960s. You get the meaning. As for its active abilities, we’re planning to offer two – Defense and Rapid Fire.

scr9

And that’s about it. Unlike the rather simple Osório for example, the AVRE will require some skill to play and will not be suitable for completely new players. The veterans, however, should have a lot of fun with it on the battlefield. We hope you will enjoy it and, as always:

Spoiler

I'm excited for this thing, but the T8 justification thing though... I don't want to go ranting but these two following statements are part of what make the game less appealing to me...

"Tier 7 is not exactly popular these days based on your feedback, so we made the thing T8"

"Armored Warfare armor values are not historical but according to reputable sources, the engineers claimed that the vehicle was fairly sturdy for its day." 

Anyway, I'm interested about the gun stats of the thing. Especially pen and gun arc. Some funky roof pens opportunities? Probably not considering the 3-digits-multi-layered roof armor we somehow have in game, but we'll see.

Also, inb4 the composite side skirts are "steel with air gaps"

Just wondering; how many people have to buy it before they nerf it.

Because if you talk about a derp tank, this is a derp tank. 

And secondly, I think that you can take 2 AI players with you before you get killed.  

Not my cup of tea.