Sign in to follow this  
GoldenGnu

Online Pve Rotation Tracker

:happening:

Very nice, although it still requires manual updating. Perhaps it can be developed into a web app for people to use on their own, with the option to switch over to backend data if they are feeling lazy?

Spoiler

Yerh, It still require manual update. It's just another way to display the data.

The skulls and star are just a way to mark missions. I use the skull for hard mission and the star for my favorite missions.
You can not change the missions yourself. I will try my best to keep it updated.

Since the source is on GitHub, everyone is free to host their own version.
It does require PHP, as some way to write to the server files is required to update the data.
Everything else is done client side with JavaScript.

• Upvote 1

@GoldenGnu Had a look at your code, as I'm currently building a discord bot based on your tracker data. I've seen you're using json data https://aw.nikr.net/data.json. Though I already coded the ini parsing I'll probably just fetch the json one. Easier to work with in node and also contains the offset.

One very minor thing I noticed is that the date/time on which the missions got updated is a 12h format and there is no period indicator (am/pm), so it's hard to tell when it got updated exactly.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

@TeyKey1 Now use 24 hour clock in all formats. Also added download links to all the formats.
Also, it's still just updated manually, at my convenience, for the time being.
I'm hoping to recruit some people to help with the updates.

Just noticed there's no option to adjust local offset for the timer.

The reason there's an offset function for my tracker is because not everybody's computers are synced up perfectly, so everybody's timers will be a little different than others by default. This lead to big problems when it comes to reading the rotations in real time, since the server timer is synced up (mostly) to all the clients but the local times will all be different. The offset function let people sync the tracker timer up with the server timer.

If the site is to become an accessible live feed, users will need to be able to adjust their timer offsets locally. Otherwise it will simply function as a map schedule, which is still a very nice thing.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, TekNicTerror said:

his timer seems to be closer to the map switches than your's is Has, at least for me

If he's more diligent at staying on top of the refresh times than I am, all the merrier.

Just so everybody knows, my motivation for playing the game has dropped to near zero since 0.33. Slaving away at the game to instantly record the rotations as they refresh every day, at times that change every week, is not a priority for me. I have far better things to do IRL than dealing with the game.

Spoiler

@Haswell
Thank you for your suggestions, I have made an issue for your offset suggestion: Let user modify offset
Also, I totally agree, updating by hand is just terrible.
Hopefully we can share the burden, so you won't have to do it all the days.

@nullptrdereference
The data is available in js/json/ini by clicking the sky icon in the bottom.
Again, it's just updated by hand by me, at my convenience.
No progress with automating the updating have been made.

@nullptrdereference @TeyKey1
If you want to use the API, I would suggest you use the ETag to check if the data have changed, that way you can hit it a lot more without coursing any significant load for me.
ATM. I don't have any rules for how often you can hit it, but, I'm thinking somewhere around once a minute with ETag check would be okay for now

Edited by GoldenGnu (see edit history)

@nullptrdereference

It's really simple:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ETag
In short, the server send the Etag header on each request. You then set that value of the ETag in the "If-None-Match" request header. If the content didn't change, you get a 304 HTTP code and no content. If it did change you get 200 and the content. It's really really simple to implement, don't worry.

• Upvote 1

Ofc. you decide how often you pull the data, but, each visitor to the website is updating from JSON about 60 times an hour (with ETag), so as long as you pull less than you're just a regular visitor. Also, all the API files are just a static files, making them cheep to serve.