Sign in to follow this  
Quantum_Ranger

PSP Zubr vs Centauro 105 - Any real difference in 0.33-0.34?

Just received the PSP Zubr as a contract reward vehicle, and recently started grinding the Centauro 105.

Aside from the prem credit bonus, I don't see much difference between the two now that we are post-0.33 balance. Yeah, the option for the missile turret is OK, but if the ATGMs are -worse- than the NM142, why bother? I suppose the rate of fire upgrade would make a difference, but that will take 500 more contract missions to unlock? Eeek.

Not seeing many of these on the battlefield, so maybe that's an indicator that this TD is destined to be gathering DusT?? 

DVC, QR

There were so many prems obtainable for free in last two years, so yeah, Zubr PSP is barely a something outstanding and shadowing everything else. Tier 7 itself is not very attractive for many.

Zubr is very decent TD with AP shells, when fully upgraded as i compared now myself, it is certainly way better in pen/dpm aspects than Cent 105.

Cent 105 has vastly higher DPM by virtue of having HEAT, while the PSP only has AP. Cent is has better vision control (camo and view range) and marginally more agility (probably due to food vs no food).

haivLsy.jpg

PSP with its missile config also has lower DPM than the NM142, but the obvious advantage is that the PSP can fire 4 missiles in quick succession while the NM can only manage 2. Useful if you run into situations where you absolutely want to burst something down.

In short, there are very few practical reasons to run the PSP in its gun configuration, and only really fun if you derp out 4 missiles to nuke something quick.

Spoiler