Sign in to follow this  
TeyKey1

Ghost enemies

Well, well if it ain't infamous Grindelwald again...

Game Version: 0.34.7574

Brief Description: Enemies behave like ghosts. Eg. Shells/atgm do not hit/damage them at all

Steps to Reproduce: Play some GLOPS and be unlucky enough to get it. (No clue) Maybe related to respawn invulnerability mechanics in GLOPS

Result: Can't damage the enemy as shells are not registered as hits. Enemy can damage me.

Expected Behavior: I can damage the enemy

Fixes/Workarounds: None

Other Notes: Enjoy the video https://streamable.com/qroqdb. It's not the first time this happens to me in GLOPS. Not sure if connected to Grindelwald. It's rare but it happens and is annoying as fuck.

Edit: replay https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptf39uWpqnNG6CFjFyLPctfTMFrQobpw/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Adding video of Shadow. Seems like this happens more frequently currently. Strong suspicion it's somehow tied to server performance. Also interesting to see that it happens right after respawn too. Also on 1:52 happens during autoaim.

Spoiler

Maybe not what you meant, but :

What I have noticed on Grindelwald is that over long distances you can see the player tags, but not the outline of the vehicles or the vehicles. However I have manage to hit vehicles by 'blind firing' below the player tags. 

As for the video :  Similar experience on narrows, but my vehicles and other peoples vehicles are rubberbanding/jumping arround like crazy. Shots dont hit. If you stop driving and stand still, the hit rate seem to be better.

Edited by Norse_Viking (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Norse_Viking said:

What I have noticed on Grindelwald is that over long distances you can see the player tags, but not the outline of the vehicles or the vehicles. However I have manage to hit vehicles by 'blind firing' below the player tags. 

Yes that one seems to be new. Those vehicles are beyond the max render distance and therefore not rendered. Though afaik the tags should not display in that case but they do. At least before .33 I never noticed such behaviour.

20 minutes ago, Norse_Viking said:

As for the video :  Similar experience on narrows, but my vehicles and other peoples vehicles are rubberbanding/jumping arround like crazy. Shots dont hit. If you stop driving and stand still, the hit rate seem to be better.

Either shit connection or server dying. Though server dying could very well be the case as of lately in GLOPS at least. In such circumstances it's kinda to be expected that the game behaves wonky. Though in the two videos here there's not much signs of a dying server nor bad connection. 

Spoiler