Sign in to follow this  
Azdule

Glops Lag

Hello,

I'm just looking for some responses to confirm those who experience lag in Glops matches and when / where they are occuring.  To be clear, I am NOT talking about when the entire server is shitting itself and goes down.  I'm talking about certain maps / points that cause stuttering & rubber banding lag.

I for one, have it on EVERY game of Narrows - after the final cap points are up, a min or 2 later, the game just becomes unplayable with rubber banding and tanks jumping / flying everywhere.  This happens 100% of the games on Glops narrows for me irrespective of how the rest of the server is performing.

For an example of this: 

So does anyone else also get this and if so, what maps and when?  If we get a consistent responses, we should be able to get a book of evidence together to then approach devs / support to show that on X map, it happens on Y time & it's not 'Your PC / hardware being unable to run AW, try turning down settings'

what is the dimond with the sunburst icon ?  shows up at aprox 53 seconds in the vid.  not being a Glops player is that something particular to Glops?

I believe that icon indicates that the player is under the effect of an artillery illumination round. As glops is the only mode where you encounter enemy artillery with access to illumination rounds, you will only ever see that icon in glops.

Yup. GLOPS lags are a known (and serious issue) that affects everybody. We've been investigating it for weeks now, since the beginning of winter. So far, no luck as to what's causing it.