Haswell

0.33 is coming

12 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Everyone should be back to 0/500 for the new 2T Stalker contract. Any progress on the current contract will be gone. 

Thanks to the Forum - I was 485/500 on the contract for the Type 89 IFV and bought the last leg (didn't know you could do that until just now.) Whew!

So to unlock the upgrades on the IFV, it says I need to do more contract missions.... anyone know if the Stalker missions will count toward this?  And do the missions need to be played with the IFV, or can you use any vehicle?

On another note, now that AC is nerfed and ATGM has chip damage, what turret will work best on the ZTQ-15?

DVC,

QR

2 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

So to unlock the upgrades on the IFV, it says I need to do more contract missions.... anyone know if the Stalker missions will count toward this?  And do the missions need to be played with the IFV, or can you use any vehicle?

Yes, completing those contracts advances progress on all past contract reward vehicles all the way back to the ZUBR PSP.

You can use any vehicle to complete the contracts.

...undocumented changes (in an attempt to be "productive"):

• The K2's upgrade choices for guns is now the following:
    • 120mm/L55 with a magazine loader with 3 rounds
    • 120mm/L55 with read rack with 3 rounds
  • The Type 10 changes besides the vision changes:
    • Reload time for a complete magazine was increased from 12.44 to 14.22 seconds
    • Aim time changed from 1.39 to 1.22 seconds
    • Accuracy was changed from 0.60 to 0.86
    • Shell penetration changed from 825 mm at close range to 855 mm at close range.
    • Damage for AP shells went from 560 to 590.
    • There were changes to the HEAT round but no before hand data.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

8 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Challenger 2 and ADTU are dead, so much for armor,

They should at least offer to buy back, at full price, the premium Challenger 1 and the Challenger 1 Falcon.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Edited by Lt_Don_Shaljian (see edit history)

Type 90 now has 6k DPM and while angled down and too the side has 800mm effective armor at the weakess spot....

Warrior got a massive buff i think, it lost its clip auto cannon, now it fires all 600 rounds without reload, massive DPM buff.

7 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

Warrior got a massive buff i think, it lost its clip auto cannon, now it fires all 600 rounds without reload, massive DPM buff.

Uh-oh. Warrior is a popular vehicle choice among the bots.

QR

18 hours ago, Qbicle said:

SS did say 0.33 will come in mid-September on the official discord server, so this more or less confirms that the devs are pushing for the update one way or another, i.e. get the update live first, then fix bugs or other issues along the way. I don't agree with the direction the game is going with some of the mechanic and balance changes, but I guess we will see how this will pan out on live.

I am wondering whether the 5-year anniversary bonus plan is designed in part to keep the player base logging in daily for a few weeks while the kinks are ironed out. Maybe the dev team did have a flash of brilliance there.

QR

Added patch notes to OP.

I don't think dakka AP on AFVs got nerfed specifically, but dakkas in general have a lot more difficulty in penetrating MBT sides now. Rears are still valid target zones.

Spoiler

My observations to PvE (none of them bugs actually)

Warrior got serious buff, i just read comments yesterday, equipped it and played a bit ... Surprise, after 3 years this thing playable again

T-15 got variety of nerfs, but they certainly overdid weaking frontal armor to make it super weak even against autocannons.

I saw it on one of youtube streams (pvp), and i felt it myself in PvE (vs Dragun bot) - RU vehicles on tier 8 can hit soft target with HEAT for solid ~1500 damage.  Maybe actually it is a bug or devs truly overdid it.

Not sure what happened to Chally ATDU armor, it feels weaker compared to another tanks (feels like a bug), but its turret rotation became as slow as Maus (too stronk slow motion). 

Per Type 10, its HEAT DPM is still one of best, i lets not forget it is much more reliable - less random and more accurate (HEAT only, Ophelia)

image.png.d4d9e9a60e3190066fd35951f7180ed8.png

If look into top AP DPM dealers, type 10 still has one of better pen value (among these who has better DPM) and superior accuracy (AP only, Ophelia)

image.thumb.png.66ddf3eeb5cad8a3287c980ff1b6ea90.png

K2 strangely stands out a lot - (my config is 3 shell loader)

image.thumb.png.0ca646a097d92d3aa7b8b4162d200e64.png

7 hours ago, Lt_Don_Shaljian said:

Did they also nerf the AP rounds on AFVs?

Yes and no. They have the same dropoff as mbt ap rounds... Which is simply just retarded. Then again, also LTs have this. At least, I checked the k21 xc-8. That has 800 pen at ranges up to 150m, but 600 up to 500m.  I thought this change was only supposed to be for mbts... Didn't check tds, but I assume that it is the same there. Maybe a higher base pen.

They reset my Leclerc T9 module progression. I had the thing fully unlocked and was working on the progression for the Leclerc T4. oh well.

7 hours ago, JintoLin said:

They reset my Leclerc T9 module progression. I had the thing fully unlocked and was working on the progression for the Leclerc T4. oh well.

They also reset your Tier 7 Leclerc Prototype, as well as the Tier 7 M1A1 and Tier 8 M1A2 if you have those.  Your XPs were refunded as Reputation and all modules were sold back as credits, but it seems that they've miscalculated in some way (see the 0.33 bugs thread).

11 hours ago, itzjustrick said:

Yes and no. They have the same dropoff as mbt ap rounds... Which is simply just retarded. Then again, also LTs have this. At least, I checked the k21 xc-8. That has 800 pen at ranges up to 150m, but 600 up to 500m.  I thought this change was only supposed to be for mbts... Didn't check tds, but I assume that it is the same there. Maybe a higher base pen.

That's what it looked like to me.  As I see it, the AFVs have been nerfed in a very real sense.  On top of nerfed AP rounds it seems AFVs have to deal with nerfed view range.  This is absolute lunacy.

In the past, I have given this game real world money.  That will certainly come to a stop!

1 hour ago, Lt_Don_Shaljian said:

That's what it looked like to me.  As I see it, the AFVs have been nerfed in a very real sense.  On top of nerfed AP rounds it seems AFVs have to deal with nerfed view range.  This is absolute lunacy.

In the past, I have given this game real world money.  That will certainly come to a stop!

Not to mention that they seem to have nerfed the credit payouts for missions also. Think they are hoping you will spend real money on in game credits.

7 hours ago, JintoLin said:

Not to mention that they seem to have nerfed the credit payouts for missions also. Think they are hoping you will spend real money on in game credits.

Actually, that's interesting, I was SURE that Glops credit income has become a lot less recently...

For example, if you are in the middle of 15 players on the winning side, you now get 70k or something. That's with no bonuses or Prem. I never saw any announcements.. I might have just missed it though

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

9 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

Actually, that's interesting, I was SURE that Glops credit income has become a lot less recently...

That's with no bonuses or Prem.

Ow!!  I suppose there will be plenty of folks with prem vehicles after next week (anniversary takedown stage 3), so maybe this "rebalances" the credit income for the player base. The sad part is that it means more poverty for new players grinding progression vehicles.

We have enough issues already with the vehicle stats...  why disrupt the economy at the same time??

QR 

This is starting to become a bit of a bear.

I really really wish that the developers would include patch notes that included EVERYTHING they touched.  Things that look like they might be a bug might be intentional, but since there are incomplete patch notes how can we tell if this an issue or a feature?  If they changed the credit earnings, they they should have had it in the patch notes.

The one thing I did like about Obsidian was that they were more open to discussion.  Now if you try to bring up an issue to someone on the Discord server, you have no idea if the message was received since there is no feedback loop.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

I was on 466/500 so I'm very annoyed. They should have given the crate to those who were at least 2/3 rds of the way there. Final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. No more investment from me, I'll just play for free until it's dead. Very VERY bad move AW. Way to piss everybody off, 10/10 for that, and I am NOT resetting that count.

15 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

This is starting to become a bit of a bear.

I really really wish that the developers would include patch notes that included EVERYTHING they touched.

I really hope you mean with the game:kek:

If the devs did do that the "magic" would be gone withe the game. Maybe that is why the devs should tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As Capt. Sheridan said: " Actually you can kill the truth, but it always come back to haunt you later."

5 hours ago, RedSox04 said:

I was on 466/500 so I'm very annoyed. They should have given the crate to those who were at least 2/3 rds of the way there. Final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. No more investment from me, I'll just play for free until it's dead. Very VERY bad move AW. Way to piss everybody off, 10/10 for that, and I am NOT resetting that count.

No way to buy the last 35 points for gold? (plus you get some back in credits and a plat crate, so cost is not that big compared to the investment you would stand to lose.)

I would have thought 466 would have been within striking distance.

QR

5 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

No way to buy the last 35 points for gold? (plus you get some back in credits and a plat crate, so cost is not that big compared to the investment you would stand to lose.)

I would have thought 466 would have been within striking distance.

It is/was, but only if your weeklies were available.  If you'd already done your weeklies and they were on cooldown for a week, then you were SOL.

Mine were available so I spent the 350 Gold to complete my crate before the patch.  But that was just lucky timing for me.

Either way, I've suported and invested in this game but no more. I'll do the anniversary stuff but that's it for me. They should have given at least 28 days warning but they didn't. I didn't like the support response to my complaint, and tbh they have messed the game up big time. Not worth anyones time or money now. No way back for them. It would be nice if any AW staff on this forum feeds back but that won't happen. I don't think anybody really cares. Game is finished.

15 minutes ago, RedSox04 said:

Either way, I've suported and invested in this game but no more. I'll do the anniversary stuff but that's it for me. They should have given at least 28 days warning but they didn't. I didn't like the support response to my complaint, and tbh they have messed the game up big time. Not worth anyones time or money now. No way back for them. It would be nice if any AW staff on this forum feeds back but that won't happen. I don't think anybody really cares. Game is finished.

Don't stop playing the game, just don't spend any money on it. That will hurt them the most. Run up their costs, but give them nothing to offset that cost.