Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Name and... Praise?

This is a thread for giving cake to players performing extraordinary feats, or otherwise doing something amazing that you don't see every day. Funny enough, I thought a name and shame thread would come way before a name and praise thread.

ZrtsQ7G.jpg

I'll start by praising Az for being a great platoon mate and carrying 3 clueless pubbies (and me) kicking and screaming to the end.

UqR0fKR.jpg

The match started with both of us going groaning at the sight of a Crab. Seeing that the path we rolled was the harbor > dam path, we quickly cleared whatever bots spawned in the harbor and took the usual positions at the (closed) central gate. All went normally until time came to push the dam, that's when things got weird.

Pubbies being pubbies, they refused to move up to the dam area. Az butted her head in and lit up a T-14-152 and various infantry on the hills. I tracked the bot, she violated its butt. Infantry got mowed down and a LT XM1A3 got spotted. A few missiles into its upper front plate removed it from existence, and we practically pushed up the dam with only the two of us. At this point we both had over 40k damage, while the pubbies didn't even break 5k. The Crab in particular derped around uselessly.

Once we had to push into the base, we mowed down the two bots that came to greet us and the first two pillboxes. I was low on ammo so I derped into the bot horde for a respawn, Az did the same (I think). While we both slowly cleared out the base, the Leo 2A6 and Merk 4M decided it would be best to sit uselessly on top of the platform instead of helping us. There was a LT Merk 4M waiting for us, I distracted it while Az made it regret its existence from behind. Once everything got cleared out, the pubbies finally decided to come down and cap, triggering yet another wave of T-15 bots. We cleared those out as well.

Defense phase, oh god. Since we pushed up from the hill side the first waves would spawn at the coastal side, so Az and I both took positions there to apply merciless spankings. Note that all the pubbies at this point were still huddled around the cap and on the platform, they did nothing to help cull the bot swarm. Once the first waves were dealt with, we swung over the hill side to repeat the process.

T-15s are inherently slow, so we barely got over to the hill side before bots started spawning. Bot removal procedures continued, pubbies took potshots here and there but didn't do much overall. This is when we started to get overwhelmed, since even the combined DPM of two T-15s wasn't enough to stem the tide of ATDUs and T-15s from rolling up the hill. With around 45s left on the clock, I pulled back up the platform while Az continued to apply pain to the bots from behind. The door couldn't open fast enough.

It almost didn't open fast enough, by this point we were both on our last lives and low on hitpoints. Luckily there were only a K21 and Termi 2 waiting behind the door. Az got stuck below the platform because there were still a few bots in her way, and of course the pubbies did nothing to help. With time running short, I nuked the K21 and Termi 2 and sprinted into the exit cap.

End result: both Az and I broke 80k damage, carried 3 useless pubbies kicking and screaming to victory. It was ridiculous to say the least.

Az gets a cake for spotting 46 bots. :wubseal:

Spoiler

I praise my four random teammates for helping me win chapter 4 that easily.

I was as always prepared for the worst case scenario, but was positively surprised by my teammates. This was really the first time that I could finish this chapter in such an effective and fast way.:sealofapproval:

1787192926_ArmoredWarfareScreenshot2020_03.29-17_51_41_49.thumb.png.2c9f376657023db79685d6d8ca4fb48c.png

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

This reminds my last Tsushima chap 3 Spec OP, done yesterday with random players.

I was in the T15, as i almost always do in that chapter with randoms so i am sure that at least one player does some actual damage. And i had in the party a PL01 and a platoon of 3 MBT players, i want to praise that platoon.

After carrying the first part of the game i was killed on the airfield, while i has still some charges of the 3x rebuild kit available, my bad.

Then i was killed twice after respawning because even if i had killed most of the pillboxes i did not kill them all, even more my bad, but then the platoon, the only 3 tanks surviving, managed to carry us to the victory, killing the tanks on the last cap and capping, even if some of them was at very low health, they did not give up and they prevailed. The fun part is that i got the blue star, even not playing the last part of the game, as not only i had done the most damage, but also a fair amount of spots and spotting damage, at the end the best MBT was only like 10k damage behind me. I got it , but i really think that they deserved it as a platoon. 

chap3.thumb.png.da249d0298aee33da2406fe326c2eb1c.png

ScreenShot0197.jpg

ScreenShot0198.jpg

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Yet again I want to thank my randoo teammates for using their brain and playing like decent players do. After 18 Mission failures with randoos that victory felt good :winkseal: I could at least regain my faith in humanity after that one :skepiseal2k: Definitely the hardest Specops Chapter ever in my opinion (at least as randoo player). But with decent players who know what to do it gets surprisingly simple.

641361205_ArmoredWarfareScreenshot2020_04.15-21_50_38_25.thumb.png.f2fd9ff82ec500b41b19c86f04780049.png

Spoiler

image.png.48986ad86305ee3cd907e4fb704b9e9b.png

Benha_Hun - His score doesn't reflect his part in the win on this Labyrinth match. Initially the Type 10 died pretty quick, we were on cap 3/15 I think and he initially said game was lost.  We progressed and fought through the cap points, eventually getting to the last cap point.  It has 1x bradley, 1x leo & 1x abrams on it.

The bradley was quickly dispached, the Leo in a similar fashion.  The abrams remains, proxy spotting the cap circle.  I try to shoot it's gun out, it's not working.  40s left on the clock.  It's not moving, we don't have enough damage to kill it in time.  MGM was too far back to offer assistance as he was capping the penultimate point and it was on the other side of the map.  

I'm as far back as I can be in the cap circle, abrams aiming and shooting me resetting the cap.  What does Benja_Hun do?  He drives in front of me.  He blocks me from getting shot.  He takes the hits.  I can cap.  We win.

I've not seen gameplay like in a long time in pubby matches.

image.png

I want to thank dimon788777 for his support during this GLOPS battle. Arty smoke rarely gets used correctly but this was an exception.

Thanks to his smoke rounds at the right timing I could capture the cap all by myself while remaining unspotted and still being able to shoot enemies. Proper plays mate, it's a pleasure to have such good teamplayers in the team: https://streamable.com/x7ymkz

Really a great change from the usual braindead teams you get :sealofapproval:

Spoiler

When you have two low tiers and each one runs away to opposite side of the map and spend entire battle chatting in russian, Marder that takes 8k damage and does 2k you'd think it's all over. But then this absolute legend in Ramka shows up and you two do the heavy lifting.

May your vodka be pure, your Adidas tracksuits original and your teeth unbroken, drug newa19771.

LNsSOX1.jpg