Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Most OP vehicle for PvE

Just for the sake of conversation, what do you think is the most OP vehicle for use in PvE?

Based on my stats, it's not even close.

My average damage per mission in the Derivatsiya is almost 37.5k, and that's not boosted by playing Spec Ops.  That's all regular PvE.  That's also while averaging 16.5 kills per mission and only a single death in 192 games.  But the craziest stat is probably adding Eliminations and Assists - aka "most damage to target" - where I'm averaging 19.5 per match.

The next closest vehicle that I have is the T-15K which is only at 27.5k damage/match, followed by the GAU and Kurganets at 26.5k.  At Tier 8 my next bests are the BMPT 2017 and CV90 Mk IV, both at a little over 25k damage/match.

The Derivatsiya is just in a class of its own.

Derpi insanity part 4.jpg

I would say if you want to xp horde and blue medal spam, the map has good vision can't go wrong with a Sphinx, you double dip on spotting damage and tracking damage through assists.

If you find the Sphinx a bit too soft go with the PL-01 and K21 XC-8, shout out to the CV90120 Ghost you can camo abuse vision spot and snipe I tend to run them on Perseus for spotting the caps and damage farming.

If you run a Sabrina and know the module locations on vehicles straight up fireworks show Challenger 2 ADTU PISH spam. It kills bots straight up or ruins them so bad they drive around with broken modules.

HEAT spammer club love the Type 99A2, Alpha striking with the XM1A3 with the 140mm, or the CATTB for the double shot dump. 

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)

T-15K is the clear winner here. Not only it has insane DPM/DPS/PEN/DMG, it also has 3K HP, workable armor, and a S-APS. Mine average at 42K per game, and I'm not even really tryharding the thing, nor played it in Spec Ops. 1/2 bursts to destroy a module with Sabrina is just insanity. 

As for the others :

• GAU is still stupid OP, thanks to its magical 700mm+ UFP, you can bounce AP and the occasionnal missile.
  • 195 is king of MBTs for me, even though it has almost the exact same exacts stats as my STRV 2K.
  • AGDS without the stealth nerf to the mantlet would have been the T9 winner here.
  • T8 Ramkas and BMPTs don't need an explanation. T8 AFVs like the CV, Griff and Derithingy are also stupid strong, but can't just W+M1 like a Ramka.
  • Stingray 2 is pretty nuts DPM wise, and can burst thing for 2K damage.
  • BWP-2000 hold my highest damage game ever, 70K on Perseus (outside of the 100K with Wilk on Labyrinth).
  • As for lower tiers, Bagel Panzer is stupid strong now that it has more ammo, can instant switch, and a magical UFP that bounce stuff.
  • The TR-85 is also retarded with its DPM and 3 rounds burst.
  • Shoutout to the AMX-40, now that it actually has 120mm gun stats, can dish pretty insane amount of damage with the help of its 20mm.

My Derpi stats continued to climb.  I think I'll retire it now at 2(S)38 missions, just because.  :-)

T-15K wasn't even close for me even before they nerfed it.  I attract too much attention in it, I guess.  But all the rest of your commentary is spot on.

Re: TR-85, I like to refer to it as the best Tier 6 MBT in the game.  ;-)

Derpi insanity part 5.jpg

What's everyone's favourite upgrade setup with the Derivatsiya, do you use the lightweight bolt for 50% higher ROF, faster overheating and less accuracy, or do you go for the slower-firing option with essentially no overheating?

And what's the deal with the semi-guided PELE autocannon rounds on this vehicle -- it seems like they can only hit targets which are either stationary or moving very slowly; whenever I shoot at fast moving targets with the PELE rounds, all the shots seem to miss. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

For me, what makes the Derithingy so OP is that it has excellent camo and firing the autocannon still retains the majority of the camo factor, instead of rapidly bleeding down to zero and getting instantly spotted like most other autocannon AFVs. Plus of course the unusually high penetration ammo and the higher than normal DPM don't hurt either!

From which event came the Derivatsiya? Will it be available again? If some nice tanks apear in the bp shop which ones should I go for? I thjought about Sgt.York and TR85 would be my best buy or do I should look for something else?

I use the lightweight bolt for the burst damage.  You can often kill a target with a single burst, and then the gun cools off pretty quickly while you're finding your next target.

I do think that the PELE rounds are bugged in some way.  They do not track properly.  However they're still very useful at long range because they have better penetration than the AP beyond ~275 meters.

The Derivatsiya is available in the current BP as a parts vehicle from the store.  What's on offer - Derivatsiya, CV90, or Object 787 is random each day.  Since the BP is going to be 6 months long, you should be able to only buy "rare" or better offers and get as many of those 3 vehicles as you need.  Just make sure to keep at least 5k BC on hand at all times.

On 4/17/2023 at 12:14 AM, knutliott said:

I use the lightweight bolt for the burst damage.  You can often kill a target with a single burst, and then the gun cools off pretty quickly while you're finding your next target.

I do think that the PELE rounds are bugged in some way.  They do not track properly.  However they're still very useful at long range because they have better penetration than the AP beyond ~275 meters.

The Derivatsiya is available in the current BP as a parts vehicle from the store.  What's on offer - Derivatsiya, CV90, or Object 787 is random each day.  Since the BP is going to be 6 months long, you should be able to only buy "rare" or better offers and get as many of those 3 vehicles as you need.  Just make sure to keep at least 5k BC on hand at all times.

Thanks I keep that in mind. Had no part offers for the Deri till now. I tried it in the test map but couldnt get used to it. Do you need to have it full upgraded with all bp mission upgrades to make it work?

On 4/18/2023 at 8:44 PM, Kain said:

Thanks I keep that in mind. Had no part offers for the Deri till now. I tried it in the test map but couldnt get used to it.

The Alabino Polygon test map is only of limited use TBH, since it doesn't let you pick your commander and retrofits, which can significantly affect the end result. And you don't get to try the upgrades either unfortunately.

The stock Derivatsiya is very strong already, but the Battle Path upgrades make it extremely OP -- particularly the muzzle flash suppressor (Camo penalty from shooting is reduced by 50%) and the ligher bolt carrier (Autocannon rate of fire is increased by 56%, Barrel overheat rate is increased by 67%) which slightly increases your overall DPM. This makes the Deri a near-invisible monster which can shoot basically non-stop at ranges of 200-250m without getting detected by the enemy bots -- there's only a few autocannon AFVs which are stealthy enough to pull off this extremely valuable trick.
https://armoredwarfare.fandom.com/wiki/2S38_Derivatsiya

Not to mention that the PELE rounds have no bloom so are laser precise unless you're trying to track a moving target.