Sign in to follow this  
Katsumoto

Let's Talk About The Garage & UI Changes

Sorry but this is more of a vent than anything.

Why on earth did someone think that changing some of how finding decals or camo was a good idea?

If you make a change to the UI, make it so that the UI is more usable, not something like this attached picture.  It was a pain to find something before, but now there is little to no rhyme or reason to how this is done.

Patch notes, I never saw this in the patch notes.

they see me scrollin i haten.jpg

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

1 hour ago, Katsumoto said:

Patch notes, I never saw this in the patch notes.

It was iirc. Just not sure which update it was.

But yes it's a bit overdone and adds more confusion than clarity in my opinion

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yeah, the division of decals (and to a lesser extent camos and base paints) is a bit overdone.

Even just looking at the image provided, there are Faraday and De Laroche both have 2 subcategories for decals, with no more than 6 decals per category. Why do these need separate categories when a single category for each dealer would be sufficient? Why do different spec ops seasons need different categories when you're only getting a handful of decals from each season?

Personally, I think folders that have less than 10-12 decals in them are kinda useless unless you have no more than 10-12 folders. However, that's not to say that the new folders are entirely without promise, they just need to be organized better.

I hereby suggest folders for our folders, with various types of decals, camos, etc grouped into parent folders based on more general categories (e.g. a "vehicle dealer" folder for decals containing all of the existing subfolders for vehicle dealers).

I don't use decals and don't use flags sections much, but I change camos from time to time and this part of UI became ridiculously long and tedious to scroll and find what you actually need.

Maybe it could have more sense if we can display and check how all in-game camo look, even these not owned, so for example country X section woudn't look that miserably with just one camo, because usually there are more of them...

Still it doesn't negate necessity to have either ability to favourite, or to hide certain items (or both).

It would be nice if loading the decal screen don't freeze up my client for a good minute.

Having categories is a nice idea, now make it load assets on demand instead of loading hundreds of everything in one go. Camos too.

Spoiler

also: Why are the states of those dropdowns not saved? I hide most of them and after I revisit the customization window they're all expanded again. Very annoying.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Or mark the ones you like as Favourites so that they will show on the top of the list.

I also wish there was an option to set : Use the decals/flags/camo for all vehicles.

20 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

also: Why are the states of those dropdowns not saved? I hide most of them and after I revisit the customization window they're all expanded again. Very annoying.

Because it's haaarrrrrd. :classic_huh:

Two of the applications that I use for work can't even remember their window positions on the screen.  One of them always starts in the center of the screen, while the other always starts fullscreen.  Mind you, the former is a chat program and the latter is a project management program and I have a 32" monitor.  While it's not that big of a deal for the chat program to always start in the center of the screen, I do not need to have 32" of project management program to do my job.  Ever.

2 hours ago, knutliott said:

I do not need to have 32" of project management program to do my job.  Ever.

^^ This means you are a really good manager!!  :classic_biggrin: