Pesa_

i found why bots keep auto penning the atdu.

that's why the atdu gets auto penned by every bot even when you slightly angle. the example picture was taken using k21 top AP as a reference. this spot has around 700mm of armor and its the first place where bots aim on the tank.
the tank became almost unusable after 0.33 and pish nerf. sadly its the worst mbt at tier 10 for sure.

rsNUVjWcQ3Kt0KDujEOkvQ.png.d773df41ea9684340f550d1022def885.png

Edited by Pesa_ (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

Just git gud :D (Thank me later Seb)

It's also pennable with HE, a bit further back (near the 3 "dots" area) would ammorack it, and it's by far not the worst MBT at tier 10, that spot is for the Type 99A2 (non-140).

oh yes i forgot about the 99a2, goddamn it lmao. its sad because there is only a way to not get shit on by bots, and its to camp, even if it was already an option because of chip damage. there is nothing much you can do about this because bots always find a way to pen you after the last rework

Yeah, the ATDU is kinda meh in PvE.

The only thing that makes it even remotely worthwhile is the PISH round, and with the PISH nerfs you need to have Sabrina to make the PISH useful. Once you get Sabrina and you use a mostly PISH loadout you end up with a tank that is above average in terms of capability (it's tanky enough to do the job, the PISH round deletes ammo racks for massive damage). Even then though, there is really only one way to make the ATDU work well, but other MBTs (in their "top" configurations) are still just straight-up better than the ATDU in most situations.

The problem with the ATDU is that it is a one-trick pony. It's entire viability as an offensive tool (because most MBTs have similar capabilities as defensive tools after 0.33) is based on the PISH round. If the PISH round works the ATDU is a viable offensive tool, but if the PISH round doesn't work the ATDU suffers. It could be possible to make some changes to the ATDU to pare back the damage dealing capabilities while improving the defensive capabilities (e.g. increase side armour, reduce rate of fire) that would make the ATDU feel a bit more different from the other MBTs, but they would be in almost the complete opposite direction of the 0.33 balance changes (and as a result, we're probably not going to see it). The other option would be some nerfs to other MBTs (my.com have said that they were trying to make a MBT meta with the 0.33 changes) to bring them in-line with the ATDU, but I wouldn't bet on that happening either.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

I see your PISH memes...and offer you a replacement.  Don't get me wrong, I love the ATDU - it was my first tier 10 tank, it fit my playstyle well (front line scout and general tank for the team).  Hell I'd even use it as a shield to save team mates.  Now it's just bad as it can be outmatched in everything it did with any other MBT :(

Now it is pretty shit.  has around half the DPM of other tanks, and the armor is the same (if not worse) than other tier 10 MBTs.  

The replacement - Leclerc with HE.  It has less pen yes...but it can nuke down other tanks just as well.  Has a lot higher DPM and mobility.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, Flavio93Zena said:

it's by far not the worst MBT at tier 10, that spot is for the Type 99A2 (non-140).

My sadness very big as I always thought the Type 99A2 was a good MBT. At least that means if I find the worst MBT good, that must mean all the other MBT's at tier 10 are gonna feel 1000x better than it.