Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow4Life

PvE AI spawn.

Hello. This is my time on this forum so i hope this is the right section of the forum to post this topic.

I play only PvE and lately i have experienced that AI it's either stuck or during the firefight spawn right behind players.

wQAAxh5.png

mgUp2mW.png

It's relly, really annoying and i was hoping that devs may do something about it.

Yep, it's annoying when bots spawn behind you. Especially when it's a few T-15s slamming missiles into your back, I wish spawning logic can be improved so that spawn points become unavailable if players are within 300m, or if they have direct LoS.

Luckily most of the bot spawn points are fairly well-known, so it's more about avoiding them when the bots start spawning or position yourself behind them for rear shots. Sometimes they also become disabled if players are close enough, but the distance is only some 100m or so I think.

Spoiler

I would not bet on bot spawns being disabled if you are to close, I have had spawn right next to me, both behind me and in front of me.

I think that mostly bots spawn on segments of map where the game founds lowest number of players. If you are on some location but alone it may still spawn bots. 

There is still limited cases which contradict to this rule, but usually there is always at least one safe location which allows player to stay safe most of the time.

For Meltdown mission for this stage it is certainly not ideal position, i got myself caught several times recently, they will spawn persistently everywhere behind and on sides of you.

On Erebos this location is not safest either, though not so likely to happen.

At one point in history they implemented logic that would move spawns to different spawn points if a bot was going to spawn near a player, but it seems that the logic either broke or they haven't continued to implement it as time as passed.  There are still clear remnants of it in the game, though, because bots will spawn differently on some maps depending on where the players are at the time.

As Haswell implied, though, the best thing to do is to learn the spawn points and times on the different maps and then simply avoid them when they are dangerous.  But do note that as I said above, spawn points do change on some maps based on where the players are, so a location that may seem safe for several missions in a row may turn out to be dangerous later if your teammates are in weird/unusual positions at the time of the spawn.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:18 AM, Haswell said:

Yep, it's annoying when bots spawn behind you.

Pfft.

Try underneath you.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."