Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Offer: Tier 7-9 Bundles

NEWS

OFFER: TIER 7-9 BUNDLES
DEC 22ND | 2020

Commanders!

This week, we’ve prepared an additional set of attractive bundles. Each of these bundles contains multiple vehicles and comes with a massive discount.

scr1

The following items will be available until December 25, 2020 (15:00 CET):

• Tier 9 Tank Destroyer Bundle (50% off) – this epic bundle contains the following Tier 9 Premium Tank Destroyers: QN-506, Abrams AGDS, Stryker ADATS and Leclerc T40
  • Tier 8 Tank Destroyer Bundle (50% off) – this epic bundle contains the following Tier 8 Premium Tank Destroyers: M1134, BMPT Mod.2017, AMX 10 RCR and Bradley AAWS-H
  • Tier 8 Main Battle Tank Bundle (50% off) – this epic bundle contains the following Tier 8 Premium Main Battle Tanks: Type 96B, T-72B3, Challenger Falcon and Leopard Revolution
  • Tier 7 Main Battle Tank Bundle (50% off) – this epic bundle contains the following Tier 7 Premium Main Battle Tanks: Type 90, Merkava Mk.2D, K1A1, Object 187 and M1A1 Storm

If you own a bundle vehicle already, you will receive its price in Gold instead.

webshop3

We hope that you will enjoy the offer and, as always:

See you on the battlefield!

For once an offer that might actually be interesting?

The Tier 7 bundle doesn't interest me because the only one I don't own is the Merkava 2D, and I really have no interest in it.  And could buy it easily from the dealer if I did want it.  I could go ahead and get it anyway for the Gold that I'd get from the 4 that I already own, but that'd be 22k Gold for $99 which is basically what Gold costs anyway.  So not worth it.

The Tier 8 MBT bundle don't interest me at all, which is oddly because I don't have any of those vehicles.  I have a 96B Red Dragon and a T-72B3 Green, so would get copies of those instead of Gold.  I don't need copies of vehicles.

The Tier 8 TD bundle is kind of meh for me.  The only one I don't already own is the M1134 which I could buy from the dealer if I wanted it.  And 9k Gold x 3 for the other vehicles is only doing a little better than actual cost (27k Gold for $99 instead of 24k Gold for 100 EU).  So... nah, I'll pass.

The Tier 9 bundle, though, is interesting.  I already have the AGDS, ADATS, and T40.  Assuming those vehicles are all worth 14k Gold (IIRC that was the price of the LeClerc T40), then I could pay $155 for the bundle and receive 14 x 3 = 42k Gold plus the QN-506.  42k Gold is nominally worth $175 by itself so only slightly better than just buying Gold, but I've always kind of wanted the QN-506 which I'd effectively get for free.

I'll have to think about that for a bit.  Do I really need 42k Gold?  Doubtful... so that makes it a more difficult decision.

It seems to me that depending on what price of gold consider a base, it may end up with different interpretation of what 50% discount for MBT T8 bundle means.

MBT T8 is specific in regard that all items of it can be purchased individually for gold, so all prices can be compared.

As consumers we have a habit to use cheapest gold prices of 100 euro bundle. Probably such gold a user could buy if plan to purchase multiple vehicles at once. As far as I recall the discussion from past, mycom counts gold discount from smallest packs with most expensive price per gold unit. 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, dfnce said:

As far as I recall the discussion from past, mycom counts gold discount from smallest packs with most expensive price per gold unit. 

No, they use whichever package rate is best for them for whatever purpose that they have in mind.  It isn't a fixed rate, which is why it is so difficult to figure out how much something costs.  This is by design.

I tried to buy the T9 TD package today and got a "transaction failed" message.  I checked to make sure it hadn't gone through... Inventory was empty, so I tried again.  "Transaction failed" again.

Just to be sure, I checked my credit card.  Both transactions are there and in a "Pending" status.  So I went to Support to file a ticket, and they say to allow 24 hours for processing.

Riiight.  I'm sensing that I'm going to be telling Amex to reverse the charges again, because My.com's story will be that they can't find the transaction even if I give them the transaction number from Amex.  Seems like they're capable of processing small purchases, but any time I try to give them more than about $8 they can't handle the transaction and screw it up.

Use paypal, takes minutes usually, most I ever waited was like 2-3 hours and that was only once a bit earlier. I also bought the t9 TD pack, took minutes.

I don't have a Paypal account.

When I buy cheap stuff, it basically shows up instantly in the My.com Inventory.  This pack still hasn't shown up.  I suspect (but have no way to prove) that American Express has had too many refund requests regarding My.com purchases and so is messing with larger purchases in some way.  Hopefully this will just die off at Amex and I won't have to take any further action (it's currently still listed with a "Pending" status).  If it just disappears, then no harm no foul other than My.com not getting $155 that I was perfectly willing to give them.

My.com's back-end systems are so terrible that their own Support staff often cannot find transactions even when they processed correctly.  The last time I made a larger purchase it happened twice so I needed to get one of them refunded, but Support couldn't find either of them.  After a couple of rounds of back-and-forth I finally got them to explicitly state that I should contest the charge with American Express, which was then sufficient for Amex to reverse the charge from their end.

Oh right, I forgot about CC via Paypal!  I'll have to try that next time and see if it works any better.

Still nothing today.  It typically takes 3 days for a "pending" transaction to resolve, so I'm not really expecting anything to happen until Monday.

The pending charges disappeared, so looks like I'm not getting the bundle.  Oh well, their loss.  I'd have even kept both purchases if they'd gone through, so AW is out $310 because the My.Games store is so crappy and inconsistent.