Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

Now Available: Samurai‘s Honor

New Event: Samurai's Honor

This event is available until August 28, 2022 and its rules are very simple. Complete the daily objective by winning 3 matches in any standard mode (while driving a Tier 3 vehicle or higher) in order to receive a reward.

These rewards include:

And more.

Please note:

• This event may run concurrently with other events and is available to all players
  • You may only complete one objective per day
  • The event starts on August 12, 2022 and ends on August 28, 2022

We hope that you will enjoy this event and will see you on the battlefield!

Apparently, the Rewards are sooooo premium, that you will miss one for every other day you don't play… :facepalmk:

• Upvote 2

KfPpHGX.png

Presumably so people who live outside of EU time zones don't get screwed over and can still get the Type 74.

It should be noted that the Type 74 will (probably) also be available in the BP coin shop, so even if you miss it this time you can still get it later.

Spoiler

The Samurai's Honor Event started today, August 12.  The event has 15 days to run and 17 stages to complete.  This means it is impossible to complete the event and obtain the type 74 tank.

This must be an error.  In prior events AW has always given us a few more days than needed to complete the event.  Why would they bother with an event that is impossible to complete?

On second thought;  as it turns out, the event runs until August 28.  This should give us enough time to complete the stages.  The only error appears to be in the game where the counter, on the event screen, indicates only 15 days remaining on a 17 stage event.

Edited by Lt_Don_Shaljian
To add additional information (see edit history)

Thank you Haswell and Silentstalker for the feedback.  At this point I have completed every stage from the first day, but am still behind one day.  As I have completed as much as is possible, it seems that it will be impossible for anyone to obtain the type 74 as advertised with the event.

Now I am reading the tank will be available in the BP coin shop.  This is beginning to look like a ploy to maneuver us into entering the next battle path.  Am I making any sense?

I am not disparaging this, normally generous, game that I love.  But if this turns out to be the case, I will be certain not to enter the next battle path.  I simply feel that if the tank was never going to be available via the event, the event should have been advertised as such.

To me it looks that I have every evening (yeah I'm one of those people who have a job....) about 6 H to complete the event day. Missing one and no tank / gold ...... mentioning gold because......... , think if you have the tank you get some gold ????

On 8/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Lt_Don_Shaljian said:

The Samurai's Honor Event started today, August 12.  The event has 15 days to run and 17 stages to complete.  This means it is impossible to complete the event and obtain the type 74 tank.

This must be an error.  In prior events AW has always given us a few more days than needed to complete the event.  Why would they bother with an event that is impossible to complete?

On second thought;  as it turns out, the event runs until August 28.  This should give us enough time to complete the stages.  The only error appears to be in the game where the counter, on the event screen, indicates only 15 days remaining on a 17 stage event.

I have noticed that a lot of online sites now display the remaining days as "remaining number of full days".  The current day, which is less than a full day, isn't counted in the total.  I find this confusing for some reason.

What it means (using your example) is that the event has 15 days to run, plus whatever is left in today, and 17 stages to complete.  In your example that still means that you can't complete the event, but you do have time to do 16 out of 17 stages.

Then there's the whole time zone issue that they've had for like forever... in the past some time zones have gotten an "extra" day that is usually something like 4-5 hours long that can be used to complete an extra stage, if needed.  It only works for some time zones because it's so short and in the middle of the night for half the world.  But for this event it seems that they've synched things up correctly so there's no "extra" day available.

The event got extended by today's patch:

List of Update 0.38.9167 Changes

• Extended the Samurai’s Honor event by 12 hours
  • Fixed several camouflage icons
  • Fixed several decal icons
  • Fixed the Pink base paint appearance (now it has the correct shade)
  • Added a number of assets
  • Fixed some localization issues