Sign in to follow this  
Terminator83

M60A3

Hi all,

I dont play low tiers very often, but I ve noticed 2 strange things on M60A3:

1. it has a misplaced ERA plate on the left side of the tracks set;

2. tank looks different than the minimised icon, as it has ERA on the turret. Why nobody tried to correct this tank as they struggled with T72 B?

The game would be more realistic if some major corrections of the tanks will be made....Why nobody sees the flaws in this already 6 year game so far?

1. tanks model corrections

2. sounds total overhaul

3. maps total redesign

I feel sorry for this, but the confidence in this game starts fading away month by month..year by year...

happy Holidays to you all!

M60A3  bug 1.PNG

M60A3 no ERA.PNG

M60A3 real.PNG

The ERA armor is a researchable module, it doesn't have ERA in its stock config. IIRC all the garage icons show stock configs only, that's probably why it looks so bare.

The asymmetrical ERA looks intentional, you can see there's a pipe thing hidden behind the ERA block that is sitting further forward. Not sure what that pipe is connected to, but it might be important enough to warrant protection. Air intake or exhaust?

CjRdRJ7.png

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Terminator83 said:

1. it has a misplaced ERA plate on the left side of the tracks set;

Looking at this picture it looks correct to me M9yutQJ.jpg

2. tank looks different than the minimised icon, as it has ERA on the turret. Why nobody tried to correct this tank as they struggled with T72 B?

As Haswell said the mini icons usually depict the stock version, which would be correct in this case.

The game would be more realistic if some major corrections of the tanks will be made....Why nobody sees the flaws in this already 6 year game so far?

We should not forget that AW is first and foremost an arcade game. There's hardly anything realistic there. The models should be fairly good but they usually don't bother to fix tiny errors and stuff like that. It's not like nobody sees the flaws of this game it's more a question of what the devs want to fix and what not given on what makes sense in terms of enhancing fun gameplay / effort required.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg