Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

December 17 update notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-december-17

On the 17th of December, starting from 8:00 CET (16th of December, 11 PM PST), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.34.7574

List of Update 0.34.7574 Changes

• Fixed the automatic reroll mechanism of the Battle Path Shop window
  • Fixed a Battle Path issue where Premium vehicles in the Shop would be incorrectly marked as owned (making them impossible to purchase for Battle Coins) even if you didn’t own them yet
  • Players without Battle Path access can now preview the Shop’s contents
  • Replaced the Commander skills that were made obsolete by the changes made in Update 0.33 (for the full list, please visit our dedicated article)
  • Sorted all decals, flags, skins, camouflages and base paints into new categories
  • Recently acquired flags, decals and camouflages now appear in the Recent category
  • Abrams AGDS: Autocannons are now correctly aligned with the aim reticle
  • Khrizantema-S: The smoke discharger module now has 5 charges instead of 2, but takes 30 seconds to reload instead of 25 seconds
  • M113 ACAV: Fixed the incorrect (too low) machinegun damage
  • Type 99A series: Resized the vehicle’s hull model to correspond to reality
  • Changed the smoke grenade mechanics for the Sabra and VT-4 MBTs to correspond to the earlier MBT smoke grenade changes
  • Special Operation Plague: Enemy snipers no longer spawn in weird positions
  • Unlocking a new Battle Path level now plays a sound
  • Fixed an issue where the distance to an objective or a wildcard depended on the position of the camera
  • Fixed an issue where the game could crash upon opening a Loot Crate
  • Optimized the visual customization performance
  • Fixed an UI issue where the Garage firepower level bar would not change correctly with DPM increases
  • Fixed some smaller visual model issues
  • Added a number of assets for future events

Said commander changes: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-commander-skill-updates

As you know, Update 0.33 brought a large number of changes to the game’s mechanics and these have worked, for the most part, well enough. However, Armored Warfare is a complex game and these changes came with some specific consequences that were left unaddressed – until now.

One of these consequences was that multiple commanders were left with less-than-useful skills. These included, for example:

• Skills that increased the durability of fuel tanks (in Update 0.33, we removed the fuel tank modules altogether)
  • Skills that decreased the swap time between different shell types (in Update 0.33, we decreased this time across the board, in some cases to nearly zero)

And several others. In other instances, some commanders had pretty useless skills even before Update 0.33, which we are also addressing.

Initially, we solved this problem with a free skill reset for the affected commanders, but that has always been more like a stopgap measure. In the next Update 0.34 iteration, we are therefore replacing the affected useless skills by different, more useful ones. Today, we’d like to tell you more about these replacements. Without further ado – here they are.

Sabrina Washington – this commander featured two Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills. One of them is getting replaced by a reload time-improving one, the other by a reduction of the camouflage penalty for firing a weapon.

Rashid Al-Atassi – this commander featured two Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills, both of which are replaced by reload time-improving ones. The rather useless skills (located in the uppermost line of the skill tree), which reduce the dead loader reload time penalty and gives you a chance to revive a dead crewmember, have been both replaced by a reduction of the camouflage penalty for firing a weapon. Finally, the Tier 1 skill increasing the turret traverse rate by a tiny amount as well as the Tier 1 skill below it, reducing the module repair time by a tiny amount, have both been replaced by a skill increasing the chance to cause engine or ammunition fire by 28 percent. In total, 6 skills have been replaced.

Ioannis Sanna – this commander featured two Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills, both of which were replaced by reload time-improving ones.

Maximilian Koenig – this commander featured two Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills, both of which were replaced by reload time-improving ones.

Alexander Cortez – this commander featured two Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills, both of which are replaced by reload time-improving ones. Another ammo switch rate skill was replaced by one increasing the shell damage randomization boundaries by 5%. Additionally, the skill that increases fuel tank durability was replaced by one that increases the durability of your engine.

Anthony Diaz – this commander featured one Tier 1 ammo switch rate skill that was replaced by a reload time-improving ones.

Andrey Zaitsev – this commander featured three Tier 1 ammo switch rate skills, both of which were replaced by reload time-improving ones, but only active when using a Tank Destroyer. Two more skills of the same type are now replaced by ones by a reduction of the camouflage penalty for firing a weapon.

Not sure how I feel about this. The reload buffs are nice but probably very minor, and it's worth mentioning that almost every commander will have reload buffs now. On the other hand, Cortez is literally getting a flat +5% alpha buff and reload buffs, tipping the scale towards pay2win territory however slight.

Meh.

Spoiler

• Sorted all decals, flags, skins, camouflages and base paints into new categories
  • Recently acquired flags, decals and camouflages now appear in the Recent category

These are nice QOL changes.

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Not sure how I feel about this. The reload buffs are nice but probably very minor, and it's worth mentioning that almost every commander will have reload buffs now. On the other hand, Cortez is literally getting a flat +5% alpha buff and reload buffs, tipping the scale towards pay2win territory however slight.

Is it really 5%, though, or is it 2.5%?  "Another ammo switch rate skill was replaced by one increasing the shell damage randomization boundaries by 5%" sounds to me like it increases each end by 2.5% for 5% total, though I could see how it could also be read as 5% on each end.  I guess we'll find out.

If it is indeed 5%, then yeah that's a pretty serious buff for a commander that doesn't really need one.  His 10% damage buff already makes him one of the better commanders... raising that to 15% is kind of insane.

Also, two of their skill counts are off:

(rows are letters top down, columns are numbers left to right.)

Sabrina actually has 4 Tier 1 ammo swap rate skills.  (A3, B3, D1, D2)  If all 4 get replaced by even a small reload buff (the smallest are currently Freja's 0.6% "Defending I" skills that only apply in your base), that might make me want to finish leveling her up.  I left her at level 11 because that's where I needed her to get my Commander tree built, but I could literally just add those 4 skills to my current build if I wanted to.  No reset needed.

Andrey has 5 Tier 1 ammos swap rate skills.  (B4, C1, C4, C7, E4)  These are harder to fully use if you're doing the usual "crew killer" build for him, but they're all well within reach if they're big enough boosts.  Note that he already has 2 x Continuous Fire III (1.9% reload for TDs), so if all of of the new skills plus both of those can be put into a single build then we may have a new meta Commander for TDs.

20 minutes ago, knutliott said:

Sabrina actually has 4 Tier 1 ammo swap rate skills.  (A3, B3, D1, D2)  If all 4 get replaced by even a small reload buff (the smallest are currently Freja's 0.6% "Defending I" skills that only apply in your base), that might make me want to finish leveling her up.  I left her at level 11 because that's where I needed her to get my Commander tree built, but I could literally just add those 4 skills to my current build if I wanted to.  No reset needed.

Andrey has 5 Tier 1 ammos swap rate skills.  (B4, C1, C4, C7, E4)  These are harder to fully use if you're doing the usual "crew killer" build for him, but they're all well within reach if they're big enough boosts.  Note that he already has 2 x Continuous Fire III (1.9% reload for TDs), so if all of of the new skills plus both of those can be put into a single build then we may have a new meta Commander for TDs.

Yea the English patch notes are a bit off. According to the Russian counterpart, Sabrina's A3 and B3 will be replaced by what appears to be a Muffler I (reduced camo loss upon firing by 2.44%), whereas D1 and D2 will be replaced with a skill that increases reload speed by 0.6%.

Andrey's C1, C4, and C7 will be replaced by the TD exclusive reload buff (also at 0.6% for each skill), while B4 and E4 will be the same as Sabrina's camo loss reduction skill when firing.

Lastly, Fyodor Sokolov is also getting the same changes as Maximilian Koenig.

Unless the actual update brings changes that are different to what the Russian patch note suggests, then all of the new reload buff skills are at 0.6%, and all camo loss reduction skills are at 2.44%.

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Based on the recommended builds in HYPE's commander skill builder, we can expect the following changes to the hilariously out-of-date "meta" builds:

• Sabrina's AFV build trades the ammo swap skills (D1 and D2) for a 1.2% RoF buff. It might be worth investing in an alternate build that trades the hull traverse skill (E1) and reduced dead driver penalty (C1) for the (currently) ammo swap skills (A3 and B3) for the 4.88% firing camo penalty reduction, or one that just ignores the 'meh' RoF skills entirely.
  • Rashid's ATGM build contains all of the skills that are due to be changed. The swap skills (D5 and D6) are being changed to give a combined 1.2% RoF increase, A3 and A5 are being changed to give a combined 4.88% reduced firing camo penalty, and B7 and C7 are being changed to give a combined 56% increased chance of engine fires. The reduced camo penalty should stack quite nicely with his starting skill (up to 21.52% reduced camo penalty from 16.64%), and the increased fire chance has the potential to be quite nasty, but the reload buff is kinda meh when you consider that you can get a a 4.92% reload buff for your ATGMs and/or a 2% RoF increase (with a bunch of other nice crew stat bonuses) if your vehicle has a loader and you build to the left instead of the right.
  • Ioannis doesn't have a recommended build, but is having his ammo swap skills (C5 and E5) replaced with a combined 1.2% RoF buff. Ioannis always struck me as having a setup that was a bit awkward, so I'm debating swapping my current build for something a bit different. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what people do with him now.
  • Konig and Sokolov's XP grind builds use one of the two ammo swap skills (B4, the other is C4) that will be changed. It might be worthwhile to drop one of the tier I repair speed (5%) or ramming damage reduction (12%) skills to pick up the other RoF buff.
  • Cortez becomes a little bit more broken. It would actually be pretty funny if it wasn't for the fact that the only way to get him is to fork over some cash.
  • Anthony Diaz does not have a recommended build, and will be having his only ammo swap skill (C7) replaced by a 0.6% RoF skill. It's barely worth mentioning.
  • Andrey's TD build is an interesting one that has several variations (notably the option to trade TD RoF and/or firing camo penalty for crew damage). The way the changed skills are set up (2.44% firing camo penalty reduction at B4 and E4, 0.6% TD RoF increase at C1, C4 and C7) will make it very difficult to get the maximum TD RoF increase unless you are willing to sacrifice most of Andrey's other useful skills, but will feature a further reduced firing camo penalty on the base build. I suspect that most players will take the (admittedly rather nice) minor buffs and not bother changing their builds for him.
Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

These QOL changes are probably nice, but still i lack the most basic ability to tag camos and decals - some as hidden, some as favoirite ones.  Too much clicking, searching, applying on each vehicle ... (skip decal rant here) 

Commander changes are bug-fixing at most, my 12 euro Kortez fix is welcomed of course, they don't change much in game balance due how summing of percentage works with diminishing result formula. That is why tier 2 retrofit on reload is weird 13% which used to be 10%. 

Second issue with commander change is that the balance 3.0 didn't reach tiers 1-6 yet in many aspects such as fast ammo switching. We have Abrams, T-72, Leo clones on two sides of balance 3.0 and they work different way.