Sign in to follow this  
Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

apparently you can't do too good?

I don't know how good the GAU-8 is, so I can't say for certain if the Merkava in the chat has a point or not. It's tier 10, so I can't really fault anyone for playing to their full ability when everyone else on the team should have a decent understanding of how to play the game unless you're constantly playing something that's T-15 levels of OP (particularly in a platoon), at which point it can vary between tryharding and "actively trying to be a dick to your teammates" (tryhard platoons are closer to "actively being a dick" territory).

IMO, I'd say you're probably fine unless the GAU-8 is even more OP than the T-15 (which, iirc, it isn't). Looking at the post-battle results, I'm tempted to say that you aren't the issue, and that the guy who called you out has the issues. Let's say that instead of having you in the GAU-8 on the team, there was a T-15. If he got those results with a T-15 on the team, I'd assume there was something wrong on his end that prevented him from doing better than he did (especially when you consider that the Leclerc did nearly as well as you did and the PL-01 did pretty well too). It might be a technical issue (i.e. potato PC, running 30 chrome tabs in the background, dial-up internet, etc...) that needs to be fixed, at which point he probably shouldn't expect to be competitive if his technical issue is that severe. It might also be an issue of skill relating to something that the player did or did not do (constantly out of position, bad reaction time and shooting dead targets, missing or bouncing most of his shots, etc...) at which point, unless he has a medical condition that prevents him from being competitive (at which point he shouldn't expect to be competitive), I'd say he should probably practice his skills and get better at the game (the classic "Git Gud"). In either case, I don't really think that he's in a position to call you out for being selfish if he is the one with an issue.

The only other thing I can think of is that the guy might be trying to get infantry damage (for example) for a mission of some kind. If this is the case, the only way he might have a point in calling you out is if he said something to the effect of "I need infantry damage for a mission" at the beginning of the match, and even then that's still iffy unless you acknowledged him and proceeded to roflstomp everything before he could get his infantry damage.

TL;DR: Unless you're driving a stupidly OP vehicle (even more so if you're in a platoon with other people in said vehicle) to actively be a dick to your teammates by killing everything before they have a chance to do anything, you're not the asshole. The only exception to this is if someone requests that you change your playstyle to allow them to do something and you agree to do so, but you either don't change your playstyle or change your playstyle to screw them over. 

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

NTA.  TL;DR - Platooned Tier 10 tryhard is upset that you tried harder. 

I think it's hilarious that you got thrown in with the same 4-man platoon for what I assume was 3 missions in a row.

I might have a different opinion if you were in a Sgt York and doing that repeatedly to randoms at Tier 5, but these guys are playing Tier 10.  In a platoon.  And 3 of them are in the same Battalion.  It's not like you were stealing kills either - you averaged over 2100 damage per kill across the 3 matches, which in PvE probably means that most of your kills were Eliminations.

But even at lower tiers it's tough to call someone out for playing well - even playing extremely well - in a single mission.  That guy "stealing all the kills" in the Sgt York might just be trying to finish some stupid mission that the game gave him and he literally can't get it done in any other vehicle.  That's the game we have, and the devs don't seem to care about PvE enough to try to balance the vehicles better for that mode.

Quite honestly I'm of the opinion the M48 GAU is a ridiculously OP gamebreaking piece of crap...along with the T-15.

It really is a fun-killer when you're teamed with them. Think about it: does anybody log in just to be a spectator? Which is pretty much what you are if you try to play an MBT.

I speak as someone who regularly gets teams full of autocannon and missile spammers. 

I wouldn't go so far as to openly call someone a selfish prick for playing them, but if there is more than one OP gamebreaker in the team I simply quit t he battle before it starts and move on to the next.

Needless to say I do quit quite a lot of battles (90% of the time they do just fine without me). Its just ridiculous how often the matchmaker puts PAIRS of these things in my teams.

As if the game weren't already broken enough, the devs now seem determined to fill every tier with these shitty pew-pew / blam-blam vehicles.

Edited by dyrewolfe (see edit history)

12 hours ago, dyrewolfe said:

Quite honestly I'm of the opinion the M48 GAU is a ridiculously OP gamebreaking piece of crap...along with the T-15.

It is.  But it's in the game, so you can't really fault people for playing it.

Which is pretty much what you are if you try to play an MBT.

I just finished a match (Stormy Winter) in a K2 that had a GAU-8 and a Wilk in it.  I still got 9 kills and 2nd most damage.  I was helped by the fact that the ATDU was a total putz.  Yeah the GAU-8 got most damage and most kills, but I was far from a spectator in my K2.

if there is more than one OP gamebreaker in the team I simply quit the battle before it starts and move on to the next.

Needless to say I do quit quite a lot of battles (90% of the time they do just fine without me).

That's a good way to get yourself banned.  All it takes is a couple of people reporting you for abandonment.

• Upvote 2

It really is a fun-killer when you're teamed with them. Think about it: does anybody log in just to be a spectator? Which is pretty much what you are if you try to play an MBT.

I must be playing entirely different MBTs then. Having a T-15 or two on my team usually doesn't affect me all that much. Sure, I might not do as well as could have if those players had been driving something else, but I can only think of one instance where having a T-15 on my team was the reason my final results were way below my average (and that was only because the T-15 player was extremely good with their positioning).

I've found that the easiest way to prevent yourself from being a "spectator" in a MBT is to be aggressive and keep moving forward to give yourself a steady supply of targets. Even if you don't manage to kill anything, you've spotted the targets for your teammates and you'll get credited with the assist damage.

... if there is more than one OP gamebreaker in the team I simply quit the battle before it starts and move on to the next.

Needless to say I do quit quite a lot of battles (90% of the time they do just fine without me).

Yeah, that 10% of the time where they don't do fine without you? That's effectively the same as you throwing those matches for the rest of your team. Players can and will report you for that, which may end up with you getting banned (either temporarily or permanently depending on how much you do it). 

17 hours ago, dyrewolfe said:

OP yes. But as knutliott said it's in the game and both are even obtainable without spending a cent so I wouldn't blame anyone who plays it. I find it to be quite funny that even after 0.33 where MBTs got ridiculous buffs people are still thinking they're the bottom of the foodchain while even AW staff openly admitted that the aim is to get an MBT meta (which we basically have currently looking across the gamemodes). In PVE dpm is key so once you have people with dpm vehicles who can make those work effectively you'll certainly have trouble keeping up with damage if you have something with less dpm. Doesn't mean you're useless. In that case get to the frontline, use your armor and spot targets. Track as many targets as possible while dealing damage to get all the assist. Make sure the dpm machines shoot all the stuff you spot or track. Get easy free assist damage and bluestars in an MBT.

Is it the fault of dpm vehicles that those perform so good in terms of damage in PVE? No. This is only the case because the bots in PVE are fucking retarded and most targets you get are made of paper. So the problem lies in the design and difficulty of the PVE missions. 

17 hours ago, dyrewolfe said:

I wouldn't go so far as to openly call someone a selfish prick for playing them, but if there is more than one OP gamebreaker in the team I simply quit t he battle before it starts and move on to the next.

So on one hand you call someone a selfish prick for playing said vehicles while you simply quit the battle for no reason at all and possibly make the team loose? Very poor behaviour.

5 hours ago, knutliott said:

I just finished a match (Stormy Winter) in a K2 that had a GAU-8 and a Wilk in it.  I still got 9 kills and 2nd most damage.  I was helped by the fact that the ATDU was a total putz.  Yeah the GAU-8 got most damage and most kills, but I was far from a spectator in my K2.

I think it all depends on player skill. I rarely get capable dakka players when I play PVE. Usually those dudes don't have much clue on what they're doing at all so even in a vehicle with less dpm it's easy to get a lot of damage. If you get a capable dakka player you still got a variety of tools at your disposal to get lots of XP, especially in an MBT. As soon as someone knows how stuff works in the game he'll perform good in PVE no matter what vehicle he plays and no matter how the team comp looks like.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg