Edit History

OwO_Ishimura

OwO_Ishimura

On 8/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Haswell said:

Mod development is entirely based on the vision of their authors, it's literally a case of making what they want and not necessarily what others desire.

Arto's mod here isn't aimed at replicating real-life models, but more about what the vehicles could have plausibly looked like after field modifications and retrofits. XM1A3 being the only vehicle to receive the butt cage is likely an intentional decision to differentiate it better from the other Abrams variants.

If you don't agree with Arto's design decisions, you are always free to make further changes yourself too.

you are absolutely right, of course! Apparently I was misunderstood or it looked like I came here to demand something. No, it's not.

The fact is that Abrams tanks are one of my favorites in this game, ever since the closed beta test, at a time when this game was still about tank battles and tanks from different suppliers really had their differences, including booking, and not like now when everyone is shooting at each other from a roundhouse in the bottom sheets in front and everything is supposedly fine.

I just came here to voice my opinion about the modification I saw, as well as my ideas, suddenly someone will read and agree with them, take it and implement it competently. I definitely couldn’t, I don’t understand this at all, and it personally seems to me that it’s probably extremely difficult to take models of the same Abrams from the end of 2015 and introduce them into the current game. At the same time, I think that some craftsman could probably do something like that.

Regarding the question from me to the author "is that all you can say?" it was without negativity and the desire to provoke some kind of conflict, I'm really interested to know his opinion about what I said earlier and what he saw in the video, I would like to read a detailed opinion, that's all.

I can only suggest making a second version of the mod (so that people have a choice), if the author is of course interested in this at all.
In the second version, you could do this:
M1A1 gets a cage on the engine when installing dynamic protection units (there is nothing else to change there, unless we are talking about replacing the entire model of course)
M1A2 gets a cage on the engine when installing dynamic protection units, as well as a remote-controlled turret on the turret (which only M1A1 Storm has in the game now)
M1A2C and XM1A3 get a cage for the engine, a turret for a remote-controlled turret, and an additional machine gun for the gun (which now only the M1A1 Storm has in the game)
Of course, it would be ideal to paint the M1A1 AIM in historical camouflage, but this is more difficult, I suppose, so the option with sand paint is not bad in principle. He could have been given a machine gun on the tower and, in general, everything, nothing else in particular and there was no need to fuss there.

I think that for all Abrams tanks you can use various elements from the appearance for the historical M1A2 ("war hammer", it seems to be called), starting with the M1 and ending with the XM1A3 in order to emphasize the differences in design with minor details.

This is only my suggestion / wish, not a requirement, and I do not indicate what the author of the mod should do or not do.

OwO_Ishimura

OwO_Ishimura

6 hours ago, Haswell said:

Mod development is entirely based on the vision of their authors, it's literally a case of making what they want and not necessarily what others desire.

Arto's mod here isn't aimed at replicating real-life models, but more about what the vehicles could have plausibly looked like after field modifications and retrofits. XM1A3 being the only vehicle to receive the butt cage is likely an intentional decision to differentiate it better from the other Abrams variants.

If you don't agree with Arto's design decisions, you are always free to make further changes yourself too.

you are absolutely right, of course! Apparently I was misunderstood or it looked like I came here to demand something. No, it's not.

The fact is that Abrams tanks are one of my favorites in this game, ever since the closed beta test, at a time when this game was still about tank battles and tanks from different suppliers really had their differences, including booking, and not like now when everyone is shooting at each other from a roundhouse in the bottom sheets in front and everything is supposedly fine.

I just came here to voice my opinion about the modification I saw, as well as my ideas, suddenly someone will read and agree with them, take it and implement it competently. I definitely couldn’t, I don’t understand this at all, and it personally seems to me that it’s probably extremely difficult to take models of the same Abrams from the end of 2015 and introduce them into the current game. At the same time, I think that some craftsman could probably do something like that.

Regarding the question from me to the author "is that all you can say?" it was without negativity and the desire to provoke some kind of conflict, I'm really interested to know his opinion about what I said earlier and what he saw in the video, I would like to read a detailed opinion, that's all.

I can only suggest making a second version of the mod (so that people have a choice), if the author is of course interested in this at all.
M1A1 gets a cage on the engine when installing dynamic protection units (there is nothing else to change there, unless we are talking about replacing the entire model of course)
M1A2 gets a cage on the engine when installing dynamic protection units, as well as a remote-controlled turret on the turret (which only M1A1 Storm has in the game now)
M1A2S and XM1A3 get a cage for the engine, a turret for a remote-controlled turret, and an additional machine gun for the gun (which now only the M1A1 Storm has in the game)
Of course, it would be ideal to paint the M1A1 AIM in historical camouflage, but this is more difficult, I suppose, so the option with sand paint is not bad in principle. He could have been given a machine gun on the tower and, in general, everything, nothing else in particular and there was no need to fuss there.

I think that for all Abrams tanks you can use various elements from the appearance for the historical M1A2 ("war hammer", it seems to be called), starting with the M1 and ending with the XM1A3 in order to emphasize the differences in design with minor details.

This is only my suggestion / wish, not a requirement, and I do not indicate what the author of the mod should do or not do.

OwO_Ishimura

OwO_Ishimura

4 hours ago, Haswell said:

M1A2S and XM1A3 get a cage for the engine, a turret for a remote-controlled turret, and an additional machine gun for the gun (which now only the M1A1 Storm has in the game)