Edit History

Zafir

Zafir

On 7/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Qbicle said:

Once the BP is released, they will sit down to discuss various core aspects of the game and see what they can do to improve or change them. They are well aware that gameplay has become stale, and new vehicles play similarly to existing vehicles.

Well, at the glacial they release anything remotely new in terms of missions/maps, who knew. On the similar gameplay experience with new vehicles, I, personally, see no issues. Lots of players I know would love to see vehicles, derivatives introduced from their country, even though the “play style” is already in the game.

The devs are aware that GlOps isn't doing great, but also won't want to remove it from the game, because there is still a number of players who queue for the said game mode. Making drastic changes to queues or restricting player numbers per match (making it similar to 5v5 skirmishes in the past) will risk losing a lot of those players, which is something that they tried in the past but won't want to do again. Nevertheless, they want to do something about it (or at least "salvage" something good from it).

Next to PvE, one of the few redeeming features of the game in my opinion. They already deliver subpar life-support and they seriously considered removing content? :classic_rolleyes:

They are aware that optimisation is an issue, especially for newer graphics cards. It's part of a long term plan, but no ETA available.

They achieved some nice effects (e.g., “volumetric” smoke and illumination/ water got a lot better) in the old cryengine. However, any real improvements mean a port to another engine. Which will only happen, if who ever is behind AW now, makes a serious commitment.

Zafir

Zafir

Once the BP is released, they will sit down the discuss various core aspects of the game and see what they can do to improve or change them. They are well aware that gameplay has become stale, and new vehicles play similarly to existing vehicles.

The devs are aware that GlOps isn't doing great, but also won't want to remove it from the game, because there is still a number of players who queue for the said game mode. Making drastic changes to queues or restricting player numbers per match (making it similar to 5v5 skirmishes in the past) will risk losing a lot of those players, which is something that they tried in the past but won't want to do again. Nevertheless, they want to do something about it (or at least "salvage" something good from it).

Next to PvE, one of the few redeeming features of the game in my opinion.