Haswell

Here we go again: EoW BP Megathread

So the coin shop apparently does refresh automatically (every day 0000 UTC), but only for the offer slots that you have bought. If you don't buy anything, nothing will refresh. Manual reroll for 300 coins will refresh every offer.

Fix on Thursday hopefully, otherwise this will surely put a kink in waiting for good deals without rerolling.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Haswell said:

So the coin shop apparently does refresh automatically (every day 0000 UTC), but only for the offer slots that you have bought. If you don't buy anything, nothing will refresh. Manual reroll for 300 coins will refresh every offer.

Fix on Thursday hopefully, otherwise this will surely put a kink in waiting for good deals without rerolling.

What's the fix?  To make it so that the automatic refresh affects all 5 categories instead of just the ones you have purchased?

If so, that will be nice.  There are some nice buys in there once in a while, especially the "Special" and "Unique" level offers.  But even the "Rare" offers seem to be pretty good deals if you're actually interested in whatever's being offered.  Sorry, not interested in Gold insignias even if the offer is theoretically "Rare".  And 1000 to buy a 2-hour BC Booster isn't all that great... you're only going to earn around 2200-2500 BC using the Booster while playing PvE, and that takes 2 hours to do.  So 1000 to buy the booster feels kinda weak to me.

Also, just for clarity, any vehicle offered that you already own also currently refreshes automatically at 0000 UTC.

30 minutes ago, TekNicTerror said:

It's been the Pindad for me every day, owned vehicles do not get refreshed

Currently it is bugged - the shop will restock items you've purchased, but won't auto re-fresh the entire shop.  This will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Remember though the devs have said that the shop timer caused the servers to break and they couldn't reproduce this on the test server so may be up and pulled again if things don't go well

5 hours ago, TekNicTerror said:

It's been the Pindad for me every day, owned vehicles do not get refreshed

Mine literally just refreshed 2 days in a row after I "bought" the Kurganets.  First I had the Expeditionary Tank (which I already own), that refreshed to the MBT-70 (which I already own), and then yesterday it offered the Type 89 IFV (which I already own).  I wasn't paying attention prior to that.

That said, it did not refresh for me this morning (still Type 89 for the 2nd day in a row) so now I don't know what's going on.

49 minutes ago, Haswell said:

KtPT5T3.png

Time will tell if this actually works or not.

Also, weird that they chose 5 am CET, even though normal server refreshes and heroix occurs at 1 am CET. Oh well, as long as it works right?

Nope, you can't claim a dupe Kurg for gold (game won't let you claim another one), and the assembled but unactivated Kurg only sells for 3600 coins.

You can sell your existing Kurg for credits before claiming another one, but why would you do that?

Spoiler

On 12/17/2020 at 1:36 AM, itzjustrick said:

Also, weird that they chose 5 am CET, even though normal server refreshes and heroix occurs at 1 am CET. Oh well, as long as it works right?

I'm pretty sure they're both working.  At 1am CET (4 pm Pacific) anything you have purchased refreshes.  Then at 5am CET (8 pm Pacific) everything refreshes whether it has been purchased or not.  It also appears to refresh (full) any time there's a server reboot or other server-side activity.

Key takeaway: you have a 4-hour window to get an extra 10:1 BC boost every day.

Purchases refreshed about 1.5 hours ago... everything will refresh in about another 2.5 hours... and then during the server maintenance things should refresh again.  Get online and buy those 10:1 BC boosts!

Thanks for the advice and strategies to get the Kurganets-25... so now the question is what should I save my BC for going forward??

Haven't seen any offers for vehicles > T8, but it just occurred to me that the shop probably doesn't issue offers that you can't afford. So maybe the offers will get better once my BC balance goes up now that I'm not buying Kurganets parts anymore.

Are there any T9 or T10 vehicles being offered that are worth having... perhaps something more useful than the MSTA-S? [Already have the ZTQ-15, but not much else...]

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

DVC, QR

The shop can and will make offers that you can't afford.

Case in point, I've seen the ZTQ and Oplot on sale in the shop, both for 55-56k BC while I did not have anywhere near that amount.

at least i manage to get t55 enigma+ontos+sgt york which i didnt have so yes thanks aw and bp i needed those😃

214.thumb.jpg.a868e436179e8cbeaff440ad9459cec1.jpg

20 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Are there any T9 or T10 vehicles being offered that are worth having... perhaps something more useful than the MSTA-S? [Already have the ZTQ-15, but not much else...]

These things worth having: Object 640, Object 490 and AFT-10. 

Noticed a screenshot of obj 640 for 76k on aw ru discord 

20210102_215109.jpg?width=442&height=589

There are also a few commanders on there (not sure if it was previously said) for 99k coins.  So likely with this one, after you complete the ranks and get the Kurg, it's either saving coins for future coins or commanders / tanks that may come up

Anyone know about the battle coupons in the shop?

Is it just a Battle coin well, cause 4000 BC to get 1 Battle Coupon (x500), seems like **** to me

The coupons are for the next BP. Personally I'd say it's not worth it, but you do you.

Spoiler

On 1/10/2021 at 4:23 AM, Aericar said:

Anyone know about the battle coupons in the shop?

Is it just a Battle coin well, cause 4000 BC to get 1 Battle Coupon (x500), seems like **** to me

As Haswell said, they're for the next Battle Path.  So they're really not meant to be purchased by anyone until after you've spent everything you want to spend on this Battle Path.

Since any coins you have left over at the end of this Battle Path don't carry over to the next one, that 8-to-1 exchange rate is the only way you can transfer coins from this Battle Path to the next.

Of course, if you're the kind of person who has a significant number of coins leftover at the end of a Battle Path, you're not likely to need to transfer any anyway...

Battle Coin coupons are a bet of sorts - in case you don't like the current BP's vehicle layout (for example) and you know that in cca half a year you won't have that much time to grind and now you do, you can bet on the next BP vehicle pool being to your liking (it won't be Russian, I can say that much) and purchase your future access this way. Not very effective, but it is an option.

They are nice, but they should not be costing more than twice they are worth.

And there's a 500 BC coupon for 4000 BC right now in my shop offers, as a special offer no less.

This is not a bet SS, this IS a scam.

SCAM.gif

Edited by TekNicTerror (see edit history)

So what counts as effective combat time?  [BCs are awarded "for each minute of effective combat", plus multipliers for winning and being at the top of the team list.]

I figure it is some combination of shooting/reloading/moving/spotting/damage dealing, but can't quite figure it out.  And it seems like mech infantry can deal damage, but don't really contribute to effective combat time by themselves.

For example, I have no idea if takeover time contributes to effective combat time... so at the end of a match, is it better to sit on the cap, or look for that last straggler tank (which might be movement, but not active combat, particularly if someone else finds the straggler way far away from you.)

DVC,

QR

8 hours ago, TekNicTerror said:

This is not a bet SS, this IS a scam.

It's not a bet or a scam.  It's what I said it is - the only way that you're allowed to transfer BC from one BP to the next.  You shouldn't be buying them until you've literally purchased everything else that you might possibly want from this BP, at which point the BC you're earning are worthless anyway because they expire at the end of the BP.  These coupons allow you to at least transfer some of your BC into the next BP, but at a steep cost because AW doesn't want you "finishing" the next BP before it has even started.  They already have tons of problems with producing new progression vehicles because so many players already have sufficient Reputation to simply buy their way through them as soon as they're released.

2 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

So what counts as effective combat time? 

I don't think that they've ever explained it in any great detail.  It's basically anything that obviously helps your team from an algorithmic point of view, so I would assume that yes capture points count as effective combat time.

"Holding a gap" might be very important for your team, but unless you're getting spotting damage or doing actual damage it doesn't count.  From an algorithmic point of view, you're just sitting there.  I suspect that simply keeping bots spotted also doesn't count - your teammates must be using your spotting (i.e. giving you spotting damage) for it to count.  Otherwise you're just sitting there doing nothing.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, Quantum_Ranger said:

For example, I have no idea if takeover time contributes to effective combat time... so at the end of a match, is it better to sit on the cap, or look for that last straggler tank (which might be movement, but not active combat, particularly if someone else finds the straggler way far away from you.)

If you are referring to how many BC's you get are calculated, the spreadsheet that came out several BP's ago said that it was the time spent in the match. 

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

6 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

If you are referring to how many BC's you get are calculated, the spreadsheet that came out several BP's ago said that it was the time spent in the match. 

I actually had a match last night that seems to give credit to the "time spent actively participating in the match" theory.

I was playing on watchdog, and set myself up in a flanking position by the railcars in my ADATS for the first stage of the match. As soon as the first stage ended, I went north to try and sneak under the collapsed railway bridge (like I usually do) but the hitboxes on the bride decided that I wasn't going to participate in the rest of the match and I got stuck on one of the bits of debris. I spent the rest of the match with my tank spazzing out inside the bridge and I only managed to escape by drowning myself about 10 seconds before my teammates killed the last bot. Comparing the matches I did on watchdog last night:

• SPHINX - 220 BC (866 XP - 6:26 match with 6:16 effective combat time)
  • ADATS - 100 BC (782 XP - 8:25 match with 3:28 effective combat time)
  • ATDU - 270 BC (999 XP - 8:34 match with 8:13 effective combat time)
  • Kornet - 220 BC (919 XP - 8:02 match with 6:55 effective combat time)

Just looking at the very limited data I have, it seems like effective combat time is a better metric for gauging BC earned than the actual match time.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)