Sign in to follow this  
Appletank

How do I damage plane?

There's a few PvE missions where a plane or UAV flies overhead, and one of the objectives is to shoot it down. However, I fired both my main gun and coaxial machine gun at them and nothing happens. I've seen some other planes sometimes be able to damage them, but I haven't figured out why mine don't. Is there a specific weakspot I need to target?t

They're bugged and most of the time cannot be damaged.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 2

Helicopters and transport plane on Desert Strike are bugged, because their hitboxes don't seem to match their visual models. Self-guided missiles can track and damage them though.

Edited by Qbicle
Desert Strike, not Desert Fox (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

5 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Self-guided missiles can track and damage them though.

The do now? Tried Stryker ADATS once in American dream and was very disappointed about the ATGMS just slamming straight into the next terrain feature and not tracking the gunships.

15 hours ago, Zafir said:

The do now? Tried Stryker ADATS once in American dream and was very disappointed about the ATGMS just slamming straight into the next terrain feature and not tracking the gunships.

I haven't tried using homing missiles in American Dream, but can confirm that self-guided missiles do work on Desert Strike, because I saw an AGDS shooting down all three of the helicopters and thereby completing the secondary objective last month.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Nice to know there is a workaround until they fix whatever they f'ed up. The missions at least worked on release.

Think that you better work around it. This because if you wait for them to fix it...... think your grandchildren will have the pleasure of the fix.

Is already three / four updates known, but never fixed. ( But we have a trade button now.........instead of a good fix (of several issues) what I really don't understand)