Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Event: Breath of Winter

NOV 30TH | 2020

Commanders!

With December upon us, the 2020 holiday season is rapidly approaching. To make the whole month extra enjoyable for you, we’ll be soon launching the first of the events that we have prepared. We call this one Breath of Winter.

The event will activate on December 1, 2 AM CET and you can access it by pressing the Event button in your Garage.

Its rules are very simple (if you participated in the earlier Anniversary Takedown event in September, it works the same).

Every day, complete the daily objective by destroying 5 enemy vehicles in a single PvE battle or 1 player vehicle in PvP in order to receive a reward for every stage of the event. These rewards include:

• Gold and Platinum Loot Crates
  • Battle Coin boosters
  • Snow animal decals
  • Premium Time and more

Once you progress far enough through the event, however, you’ll be able to obtain some unique and truly valuable content, such as:

• Japanese Winter camouflage (Stage 15)
  • Frozen Wastelander player avatar (Stage 20)
  • Winter Warrior skin for the Type 90 Tier 7 Premium MBT (Stage 25)

The Winter Warrior skin and the Japanese winter camouflage are real life camouflage patterns used by the Japanese military during winter exercises. Especially the skin has long been asked for by many of you and we hope that many of you will be able to obtain it during this event. You can read about the skin and the camouflage in our dedicated article.

scr1

scr2

Please note:

• This event may run concurrently with other events and is available to all players
  • You may only complete one objective per day
  • The event starts on December 1 at 2 AM CET
  • The event ends on December 31 at 10 AM CET
  • No worries, no blueprint Loot Crates in this event
  • Yes, there is a second Type 90 skin called Snowstorm available in the game, follow the portal in order not to miss it

We hope that you will enjoy this event and will see you on the battlefield!

Due to a quirk in timing, those of us in the US get 32 days to do this.  For me, in the Seattle area (Pacific time), it starts at 5:00 pm on November 30 (today), and ends at 1:00 am on December 31.  For those on the East coast it starts at 8:00 pm on November 30 and ends at 4:00 am on December 31.  So not ideal to need to use that 32nd day since you'd have to play between midnight and whatever time o-dark-thirty, but it's there.

It's also nice that there are only rewards for 25 days, but we get 31 (32) days to do them.  So you can miss a few days and not miss out on any of the rewards.  That's good design for a holiday event, in my opinion.

So... the complete list of rewards by days completed in case people don't want to check in-game (like me!). Highlights on things that are potentially worth something:

1. 3 days premium time
  2. 5x gold boxes
  3. decal: snow owl
  4. 1x plat box
  5. 1x BC booster
  6. decal: snow tiger
  7. 3 days premium time
  8. 1x plat box
  9. 1x BC booster
  10. decal: snow wolf
  11. Skin: M60A3 ICE
  12. 1x plat box
  13. 5x gold boxes
  14. decal: snow wiesel
  15. Japanese Winter Camo
  16. 1x plat box
  17. 3 days premium time
  18. decal: snow bear
  19. 1x plat box
  20. player avatar
  21. 1x plat box
  22. decal: snow fox
  23. Skin: Leopard 2AV ICE
  24. 7 days premium time
  25. Skin: Type 90 Winter Warrior

Overall meh, really not a big deal if you skip the event altogether.

Spoiler

18 hours ago, knutliott said:

Due to a quirk in timing, those of us in the US get 32 days to do this.  For me, in the Seattle area (Pacific time), it starts at 5:00 pm on November 30 (today), and ends at 1:00 am on December 31.  For those on the East coast it starts at 8:00 pm on November 30 and ends at 4:00 am on December 31.  So not ideal to need to use that 32nd day since you'd have to play between midnight and whatever time o-dark-thirty, but it's there.

The server is apparently on a different time schedule than planned, because the event started at 4:00 pm Pacific and will end at midnight before December 31.  Either that or they started it (and will finish it) an hour early for some reason.

(Pacific time is 9 hours behind Central European time, so the announced 2:00 am CET start should have been 5:00 pm PST here.  But the event started at 4:00 pm.  No one is still on Daylight Savings Time, so it should have been a straight 9 hour difference.)

58 minutes ago, knutliott said:

The server is apparently on a different time schedule than planned, because the event started at 4:00 pm Pacific and will end at midnight before December 31.  Either that or they started it (and will finish it) an hour early for some reason.

(Pacific time is 9 hours behind Central European time, so the announced 2:00 am CET start should have been 5:00 pm PST here.  But the event started at 4:00 pm.  No one is still on Daylight Savings Time, so it should have been a straight 9 hour difference.)

Server generally runs on GMT and the intended GMT was 1 AM. I guess someone calculated MSK from that and then back to CET and then to GMT incorrectly, losing 1 hour in the process. Oh well. At least it runs normally.

43 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

Server generally runs on GMT and the intended GMT was 1 AM. I guess someone calculated MSK from that and then back to CET and then to GMT incorrectly, losing 1 hour in the process. Oh well. At least it runs normally.

It's kind of funny in the US.  I'm generalizing a great deal, but people on the East coast seem to have difficulty dealing with time zones whereas people on the West coast do it with ease.  I think that's because - even to this day - a lot of TV times are listed for East coast only, or occasionally for East coast and West coast.  So those of us on the West coast learn very quickly to automatically adjust times as needed.

I would have thought that that would also apply to basically anyone in Europe, but I can see how MSK time might have the same problem that Eastern does in the US.

But yeah, ultimately it doesn't really matter.  I just wanted to make people aware in case someone was planning on using that last sliver of a day due to vacations, etc.