Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

0.34 getting pushed out

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-update-034

On the 24th of November 2020, starting from 8:00 CET (23rd of November, 11 PM PST), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.34.

Please note that the content of this major update will be disclosed in a separate post.

God help us all.

Patch notes, late as usual. https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/apocalypse-season-now-available

List of Update 0.34 Changes

Gameplay Mechanisms

Optimizations

In this update, we are rolling out another set of performance improvements. While each of them is a small change on its own, together, they should help to make the game run smoother and look prettier. These include:

• Improved particle effect rendering on minimal graphics settings
  • Improved the tank rendering speed on all graphics settings
  • Improved UI caching
  • Minimum settings effect optimization
  • Reviewed level of detail settings for various objects (object appearance now differs more depending on your graphics settings)
  • Improved rendering of grass and small stones
  • Optimized minimap refreshing
  • Improved shadow rendering distance for all graphics settings except for the minimum one

General Changes

• Improved the metallic surface render algorithm for all graphics settings
  • Mechanized infantry now makes sound when running
  • Somewhat improved the rock and cliff rendering on a number of maps
  • Slightly reduced the density of the visual building and ground hit effects
  • Explosions can now fell trees

Vehicles

Designate Target Overhaul

The Designate Target active ability, available to many AFVs and LTs, is getting changed as such:

• Reduced the Designate Target duration from 20s to 10s
  • Reduced the Designate Target cooldown from 30s to 15s
  • Reduced the target lock time from 2.5s to 2s
  • A lock interruption no longer resets the whole lock process – instead, it will take roughly 0.25s to take effect, followed by a progression decrease (roughly twice as fast as the locking progress itself)
  • Firing no longer resets the target lock (it's possible to fire and lock a target at the same time)

Additional Abrams Model Fixes

Following player feedback, we have added some more corrections to the Abrams visual and collision models. Apart from that:

• Fixed the issue where the gun firing animation was getting stuck
  • M1A1 AIM had its collision model fixed
  • The Abrams series now has its mantlet top correctly animated
  • Fixed the appearance of the destroyed suspension

General Changes

• Vehicles armed with autocannons no longer have machineguns
  • MBT stock smoke grenades now reload faster and have more charges
  • MBT improved smoke grenades no longer have two-charge magazines (except for the CATTB and the Leclercs)
  • Fixed a large number of shell value issues
  • Smoke grenade launchers now look full again when reloaded
  • Temporary interruption of a shell reload process (for example due to ammo rack damage) does no longer reset the entire reload
  • Fixed an issue where the real maximum speed of some vehicles was higher than the declared one by as much as 10 percent
  • The Zaslon APS launchers used by the Wilk XC-8 and WPB Anders are now extended in combat
  • Fixed the gun firing sound for Marder 2 and Begleitpanzer 57
  • Fixed a large number of small visual issues on multiple models (small texture adjustments etc.)

Altay

• Improved the appearance of this vehicle's visual model

BMP-3 and BMP-3M

• Updated the armor of these vehicles (their frontal armor is now able to withstand the fire of 30mm autocannons at certain distance)

BMP-3M Dragun

• Fixed this vehicle's hard-kill APS armor model

CATTB

• This vehicle now has a new engine fire visual effect

K21 XC-8

• Fixed this vehicle's HE damage (the shell will now deal 900 damage when penetrating thin armor and 600 damage upon partial penetration)

Leclerc T4

• Updated this vehicle's armor tooltip values to correspond to the real ones

Leopard 2 Evolution

• The turret of this vehicle now flies off upon the destruction of this tank by an ammo explosion

Leopard 2A5

• Changed the location of the second decal from the rear to the side of the vehicle

M109

• Fixed this vehicle's armor layout

M109A6 Paladin

• This vehicle's machinegun now deals the intended damage

M48 GAU-8

• This vehicle now has a new engine fire visual effect

M60A2 Starship

• Fixed this vehicle's frontal collision model

Magach 5

• The coaxial machinegun no longer fires through ERA elements, there's a hole for it now

OA-82

• The machinegun movement is now correctly tied to the elevation of the main guns

PL-01

• Fixed the muzzle blast effect when firing

Rooikat 76

• Fixed the muzzle blast effect when firing

RST-V Shadow

• Corrected this vehicle's size (it was too large)

Sphinx

• Increased the ammo carried from 390 to 600

ST-1

• HEAT shell damage improved from 510 to 550

T-90MS Hades

• This vehicle has a gun model again

Type 89

• This vehicle's smoke grenades now reload faster but have fewer charges

Vickers Mk.7/2

• Improved the appearance of this vehicle's barrel shroud

WPB Anders

• Improved this vehicle's upper frontal plate thickness

ZTQ-15

• Fixed a large number of armor issues
  • Fixed this vehicle's frontal collision model
  • Fixed this vehicle's engine fire visual effect
  • The tank is now slightly more dirty in the Garage

Player versus Environment

New Special Operation

In this Update, we are rolling out a new Special Operation called Plague, along with several achievements, including:

• Plague
  • Seismic Insanity
  • This... Is... Gori! (yes, you get to shove enemies into a pit)
  • Protector
  • Class-specific achievements as usual

You can read more about this Special Operation in our dedicated article.

General Changes

• Fixed some AI vehicle settings in order to make them not turn away from player vehicles as much
  • Spirithaven, Chapter 4: Fixed an issue where the lasers indicating the players being targeted by a turret would not appear correctly during the first turret salvo
  • Spirithaven, Chapter 4: Fixed several instances of tanks bouncing while driving on the lower platforms of the base
  • Zero Hour: Fixed an issue that caused players getting stuck when driving on the dam

Player versus Player

• PvP map loading screens now show starting locations
  • Al Dabbah: Fixed an issue where some stones would fly or would turn transparent

User Interface

• Redesigned the Premium Time purchase window to match the rest of the Garage
  • Fixed the Assist Commendation tooltip description
  • Sound volume is no longer listed on a scale of 0 to 1, but 0 to 100
  • Fixed the server bonus localization issues
  • Fixed a number of smaller UI issues

Issues and Corrections

• Fixed an UI issue where some 12.7mm machineguns would show 7.62mm damage values in the Garage UI
  • Fixed an UI issue that could cause the time remaining until objective or base capture to appear incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue where some ATGM launcher vehicles would show an incorrect amount of ATGMs loaded on their visual models
  • Fixed an issue where, while spectating a match or watching a replay, hit decals could appear incorrectly
  • Fixed a Global Operations issue where the enemy vehicles would appear for a short time upon respawn to your team at random locations
  • Fixed an issue where the Javelin target lock sound wouldn't stop playing even after the destruction of your target
  • Fixed an issues where some broken vehicle modules would, upon triggering a repair, visually appear fixed sooner than they actually were
  • Fixed an issue where, when driving, the wheels would turn but the tracks wouldn't
  • Fixed an issue where if you reconnect to a battle, Mechanized Infantry won't appear on your minimap
  • Fixed an issue that caused the aiming reticle to not appear correctly when spectating other players
  • Fixed an issue where, if you ran two screens on one PC and launched the game in the full-screen mode while using the lower resolution screen, the game would partially overlap to your second screen
  • Fixed an issue where tanks would appear darker than they should have on minimal graphics settings
  • Fixed several issues that could cause the game to crash

Edited by Haswell
Patch notes (see edit history)

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, knutliott said:

Super glad I didn't waste gold trying to get one last Eastern crate completed.

The contract mission resets in Feb / March time

2 hours ago, Azdule said:

The contract mission resets in Feb / March time

How do we know that?  Was it mentioned on Discord or something?

5 hours ago, knutliott said:

How do we know that?  Was it mentioned on Discord or something?

By induction. Contract vehicles usually last 6 months or so, as the PSP/ADATS/Type 89 had been. The Stalker is relatively new and only came out in October, it would be highly unlikely for it to go away only after two months.

SS also confirmed this.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/662448124333129755/774694457739575356/unknown.png

Spoiler

Cool, thanks for the further info!  But I wasn't asking when the next contract vehicle would launch, I was asking when the current Eastern crates would end.  Those aren't necessarily at the same time.

The Eastern crates were available for at least a month (maybe 2?  I got 1 and I'm slow) before the Stalker came out, so if they do something similar again this time the current crates could end before the next contract vehicle is released.  I believe that the crates changed with the launch of Spirithaven, then reset with the launch of the Stalker, then activated again after the Stalker's month was over.

Many parts of abrams is fixed. 

Wheels location fixed. Double slopped upper hull is fixed. Gun mantlet is redesigned. 

But there is something needs to be fixed more.

All abrams's Turret should moved front. And m1a2c's turret should have differenct turret from m1a2

Added patch notes to OP.

So much for "Abrams model is fine", they are finally fixed. I wonder how all the supporters of the fucked up models feel right now.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Added patch notes to OP.

So much for "Abrams model is fine", they are finally fixed. I wonder how all the supporters of the fucked up models feel right now.

Well still turret postion is way too back and m1a2c gun mantlet is wrong. But i hope they will fix it in future

Possibly because the AW Abrams turret is shifted backward for some reason, it feels smaller, shorter, less bulky, more like XM1. In same time the hull width of AW model visually is more wider.

nUipJm9.png

Did they put the patch out yet?  I'm getting a game client versus server client different and there is no download option.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

My AW had verification error issue and I had to re-install everything as well. The available hint on discord didn't help. Then, even after re-download I still had error message on some VC++ package during installation. 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Lt_Don_Shaljian said:

Anyone else having problems simply logging in and playing this game?  I am yet to even see the update.

Yep, had the same client/server mismatch error, had to delete game and re-install. 4 hours and I got to play 1 match before heading to bed.

Totally apocalyptic. At least I got my daily login bonus.

QR