Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Q&A with SS: Post Your Questions Here!

Will PTS ever come back again for major changes, or it's deem unnecessary by the devs? The last time we had a PTS was back in August/September 2020 for 0.33. Stuff like low tier rebalance or autocannon overhaul didn't get a PTS last year.

Regarding the usual "desync" issue, i.e. game client fails to recognise a disconnection from server and does not reconnect automatically, is there anything that can be done about it other than players restarting the game manually? Even if affected players reconnect, it may be too late already in some cases as their vehicles may get destroyed during the downtime, which can be really frustrating.

aMcZOFg.png

Reposting questions from Discord (and PanzerSofa's VK comments).

Imya Familia:

• Are new players learning the game mechanics comfortably? The current training mission is far from adequate and doesn't translate well into actual gameplay, because the player controls a god-mode T-72 against tier 1 bots.

Fuschin Pfeffer:

• The fuel tanks were taken out due to the stupidly easy method of just wiping them instantly and causing fires, however, is there an intention to readd them while utilizing a different destruction effect?  E.G. destroying fuel tanks for a Hybrid will allow it to actually have a chance to catch fire with engine damage, or for more volatile fuels the chance is exponentially higher? I ask this since there is still missions in game requiring fire and ammo fire damage/kills, and difficulty in ensuring one or the other is not ludicrous, but inconsistent.
  • Is there plans for other Story characters to become commanders as well?  E.G. Grimm, Fedor, and whatnot?  Or is it still limited to a certain criteria such as them being actually referenced as driving the tank itself like Vadim?

Asriel:

• Are there any plans to optimise the game's performance? Or such thing wouldn't be possible due to CryEngine's limitations?

Pesa:

• Can we get the time it takes for a damaged wheel to be repaired on the hud? ATM we only got a timer when they get destroyed. Plus, we got only one timer for a single wheel, not when multiples are repairing, is there any way to have separate timers, or just get the timer for the wheel that will take the most time to repair, so we can have a visual display of when we will be able to move again?
  • What about the 490 having 0% chance of being set on fire, but it get lit anyway from the lfp engine hitbox?
  • Is there a possibility to buff Arjun somehow? Like faster reload.

Data-Zero:

• Any plans to rework Ophelia in PVP scene?

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

Round 2 questions are closed! Here are the questions sent to SS:

1. When is the fix for the MBTs not counting as heavy tanks coming? its more and more of them that dont work in platoons (found the T-14 doesnt work now too).
  2. Will the leopard 1 MEXAS and other more modern or unique variants of low tier vehicles be introduced? If memory serves me right you were looking at putting a AVGP into AW.
  3. Will PTS ever come back again for major changes, or it's deem unnecessary by the devs? The last time we had a PTS was back in August/September 2020 for 0.33. Stuff like low tier rebalance or autocannon overhaul didn't get a PTS last year.
  4. What is the dev's opinion on reopening public testing and holding bug bounty events?
  5. Regarding the usual "desync" issue, i.e. game client fails to recognise a disconnection from server and does not reconnect automatically, is there anything that can be done about it other than players restarting the game manually? Even if affected players reconnect, it may be too late already in some cases as their vehicles may get destroyed during the downtime, which can be really frustrating.
  6. Are new players learning the game mechanics comfortably? The current training mission is far from adequate and doesn't translate well into actual gameplay, because the player controls a god-mode T-72 against tier 1 bots.
  7. The fuel tanks were taken out due to the stupidly easy method of just wiping them instantly and causing fires, however, is there an intention to readd them while utilizing a different destruction effect?  E.G. destroying fuel tanks for a Hybrid will allow it to actually have a chance to catch fire with engine damage, or for more volatile fuels the chance is exponentially higher? I ask this since there is still missions in game requiring fire and ammo fire damage/kills, and difficulty in ensuring one or the other is not ludicrous, but inconsistent.
  8. Is there plans for other Story characters to become commanders as well?  E.G. Grimm, Fedor, and whatnot?  Or is it still limited to a certain criteria such as them being actually referenced as driving the tank itself like Vadim?
  9. Are there any plans to optimise the game's performance? Or such thing wouldn't be possible due to CryEngine's limitations?
  10. Can we get the time it takes for a damaged wheel to be repaired on the hud? ATM we only got a timer when they get destroyed. Plus, we got only one timer for a single wheel, not when multiples are repairing, is there any way to have separate timers, or just get the timer for the wheel that will take the most time to repair, so we can have a visual display of when we will be able to move again?
  11. What about the 490 engine having 0% chance of being set on fire, but it get lit anyway from the LFP engine hitbox?
  12. How is the Arjun performing so far? Will the Arjun receive buffs in the future, such as improving its reload or making its PELE ammo more useful?
  13. If Ophelia is to be reworked, how would you rework her so that she becomes less broken in PvP?
  14. What was the reasoning for placing the sniper mode camera at the bore of the gun? Have the devs considered moving the sniper mode camera to the appropriate gunner sight positions for the various tanks? Why/why not.
  15. Have the devs considered giving more top tier tanks the AI aiming module - the one that shows where to shoot to hit a fast moving target/auto compensates for movement when having a target locked? It's a good QoL module for casual players and i believe at least top tier tanks should have it.
  16. What are the dev's opinions on separate tuning of ballance for pve and pvp - form what i'm aware, vr is already moderated for pve - what about bonuses from commanders, consumables and modules (BMS, Imaging sensors and crew related), can some values get boosts in pve while being left default for pvp?
  17. When a teammate is calling reloading (F8) we can't see how much time is left till their reload is complete. For example in WoT when a teammate is calling reloading it shows the amount of time left, can we have that in AW?
  18. Why has a pinging system (like that of valorant's or CoD's) not been implemented? Would the dev's like to?
  19. Will there be any possibility to have other garages selectable in the options, such as ones from older seasons?
  20. How do you feel about the recent trend of introducing progressively fictional vehicles into the game? First the Kornet-D1, now the Type 99B and ZTZ-20, will these precedencies of fictional vehicles lead to even more fakes in the future?

If I skipped over your question, feel free to repost them again so that they may be selected next round!

Round 3 of questions start now.

Spoiler

As a player of the old guard watching the "development" of this project, I have one important question: why do responsible people continue to stubbornly ignore the obvious facts that the global changes that came along with balance 2.0 (affecting all aspects of the game, including the interface, the mechanics of various and other) led to a failure on a global scale??? And despite this, they continue to lose players without getting enough new ones in return. Comparing the activity in the game in the fall of 2015 and the significant decline trends since the spring of 2017, it is obvious that all attempts to make it better in fact only spoiled what it was (not counting graphics improvements, some technical components). What kind of stubbornness is this to continue to plunge the project into a dense swamp, but just not to return to balance 1.0, the only right decision regarding this game?

Global changes "killed" everything interesting and unique that favorably distinguished this game from other similar ones, starting with the gameplay/mechanics and ending with the interface/sounds/voicing of the crew.

Quite definitely, the changes that began in balance 1.0 with patch 0.12 did not make this game more interesting and better, but vice versa. And this was evident even at those stages when on the test servers the players could personally look at the upcoming balance 2.0, it was obvious that the updated interface, which had lost its pleasant and original color palette, having been replaced by some depressing shades, was not liked by most players and many people saw it in it is a copy from another well-known tank game.

Why does this game continue to ignore the problem with campers, which can notably spoil the mood in just one battle? Obsidian, by the way, solved one of the main problems during the closed testing of this game - in the game update version 0.7 they added an extremely interesting and adequate (fair) mechanic: a player who caused damage to another player, while being out of his view, becomes visible to him for a while (no audible notification, markers or anything like that when it happens), just a silhouette of his technique. Even if it's minimal autocannon damage, it doesn't matter. This decision was quite enough to prevent players with high stealth from standing in one place to make several shots in a row at a player who cannot accurately shoot him back and do something to counter it except to try to escape.

This mechanic was removed when the "amazing and cool" balance 2.0 was introduced, and since then it has been a complete mess.

Why don't you try (as an experiment) for two or three months to change the conditions of the "Global operation" mode ??? Namely: make the access to the mode only for vehicles of tiers 3-7, disable the bombardment call points.
 Bombing and other activity in the mode is one of the main reasons for poor system performance for players who want to jump in and enjoy the mode. Also, bombardment is an extremely toxic mechanic in the game, just like Tier 8-10 vehicles are currently the most terrible and toxic, in the "Global Operation" mode this becomes especially obvious.

https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/68440-august-22-qa-with-ss-answers-and-discussion/

If your question didn't get answered this time or you would like to ask more questions, feel free to submit them here!

---

Reposting some questions from Discord:

simolens:

• What  vehicles besides the bvp afv contract tank are being added in the battlepath Store?

Data-Zero:

• Is it possible to set specific paint/camo as your favorite and have it as separate tab for fast equip/select?
  • Are there any new retrofits planned? As the likes of Improved drive and improved barrel lining. (Not as strong, like tier lower)
  • Any plans to add any more Hades vehicles into the list?
  • Is the massive camo loss when firing autocannons (eg BMP-3M) intended and if its so, any plans to visit it?

Azdule:

• Are there any ideas to try and add incentives to being in a battalion or a high ranking one?  While the shadow + parts of hades tanks are a nice addition to the grind of the game, outside of ranked matches, there is very little for a battalion to do together.  And once you have the hades tanks, there isn't an incentive to grind further for them.  Could there be something, and I use this term VERY loosely, like the old base, but for battalions to donate to so it gives them something back?  For example, if the members donated say 100m, it would 'print' out say a few more rearm kits for all members, or for 1 quadrillion, it gave access to something else - perhaps some heroic missions or something.
  • Would it be possible to get some over progression completions for the contract missions (akin to the raid missions) whereby, if you do the task so well, that you can 1 shot it?  for example, if you need to get 10x missions with 2k inf damage, that you get 1 mission with 20k inf damage (not exact numbers but for general ideas) Edit: or are they designed to be that way simply to try and keep player numbers up?
  • Are there any plans to remove the BS first roll on all of the crates that we get?  For example, the fire support, or nation boxes.  As a long term player, I'm not going to drop £2.50 on a day of premium or 500k credits.  If there was actually a chance of getting something decent on these boxes I might (strong maybe) tempted to roll on a few, but as it stands, there is 0 chance because all I see is trash.  Hell, even the visual shows the possible drops on that roll is trash.

Pfeffer:

• I am aware that there have been Line vehicles in the past that have been made premium (XM1, T-14 with 152mm) but has there ever been plans or discussions regarding the opposite?
    For example taking the RDF LT (bad example but example nonetheless) and turning it into a line vehicle for a new or old dealer?
    If not was there a specific reason **YOU** think it was never pursued such as annoying those that purchased or obtained it?

Lettuce:

• Question: How are the developers doing? Are they eating and sleeping well? What were some of the things that they had to go through during the coof and how did they manage to recover? Any anecdotes they or you want to share? I decided to ask these questions because its very easy for us players to forget that the developers behind a game are still human and the pressures we put on them might make or break them. I look forward to hearing about the other "heroes of armored warfare" :)

Liebefrei:

• When will the infantry be revised?
    - Likes to run a world
    - Likes to run meters away from hitting enemies even though enemies are in range
    - when will there be the possibility to tell the infantry exactly on which point (target circle, it should position itself, if it is close)
    Working with the Infantery is a real pain in the ass.
Edited by Haswell (see edit history)
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Haswell said:

When is the fix for the MBTs not counting as heavy tanks coming?

I’ll need a full list of affected vehicles so that I can start investigations.

I know only the ones i've seen myself playing x2, x4 and x10 pve with a 4-5 platoon: T-14, T-14 152, Strv 2000 and Al-Hussein

Question 2: Why was the gifts from the app removed? Or why wasn't there any info about it

I have a question:

Who is the current developer?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Ok, when will u stop this insane powercreep? Derivat +other aprayers, plus op prem super dooper tanks ruin games en masse...not inrerested to gain new players? Like that its AWFUL