Sign in to follow this  
TeyKey1

M1 AGDS: ATGM reload bug

Game Version: 0.32.7303

Brief Description: ATGM launcher does not partial reload/ full reload, if player switches from ATGM weapon system to AC weapon system while the ATGM launcher is still retracting into reloading position (basically while the reload timer is not triggered yet). 

Steps to Reproduce: 

• Shoot some ATGM.
  • Force partial reload or full reload of ATGM launcher
  • Switch from ATGM launcher to AC weapon system, while the launcher is still retracting into its loading position and the reload timer is not triggered yet
  • watch your ATGM launcher not reloading, as long as you don't switch back to the ATGM weapon system

Result: ATGM launcher does not reload, and stays in reload position, until you switch back to the ATGM weapon system.

Expected Behavior: ATGM launcher should reload normally, after it reached the loading position, even if the player already switched to the AC weapon system during this process.

Fixes/Workarounds: Player needs to wait for the launcher to reach the loading position and for the start of the ATGM reload timer, before switching to the AC weapon system.

Other Notes: -

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Related: reloading should commence as soon as you force the reload, NOT after waiting for the launcher closing animation.  Waiting for the animation means that the reload is actually significantly longer than what is stated in the vehicle's stats.

Also, the timing of the launcher opening animation should also be set up so that the animation ends when the reload is complete, not so that it starts when the reload is complete.  Again, not including the animation in the reload time means that the reload is actually significantly longer than what is stated in the vehicle's stats.

This also affects at minimum the VCAC Mephisto, though I suspect there are a lot of other missile-dependent vehicles that are affect.  Likely any vehicle that has a launcher animation, but I haven't tested it extensively.

might be fixed with the changes on the reload animation stuff. I'll have to test and let you know

Spoiler

Fixed due to 0.33 reload changes. @Silentstalker

However, the ATGM trajectory is all over the place sometimes and behaving weird and unexpected. I can hit targets that are too close to me occasionally and sometimes the ATGM head right for space: https://streamable.com/4f3enn

Could be related to vehicle movement tough, not sure. All I know is that the trajectory was way more consistent pre 0.33

Spoiler

Hmm. Considering the minimum range is supposed to be around 50 meters, some of these misses look basically "intended." Those super high trajectory shots are weird tho. Either way, thank you for checking.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)

Further to this - there seems to be an issue with the aimpoint - in 1st person it can hit around 50m, in 3rd person it seems to go to around 100m min.  

If you go 1st person, aim and fire, then go 3rd person, you can fire a few ATGMs off for the correct distance, then it will be odd - one launcher gets 50m, the other gets 100m.  It's really inconsistent