Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

M48/M60 sideskirts and other stuff

As the title says. The sideskirt model used is from the Magach 7C, boxes and other greebles from the M60A1 USMC skin. I'm fairly conservative when it comes to model modding, as I personally don't like it when models stray too far away from their actual hitboxes or lead to visual confusions.

Vehicles modified:

• M48
  • M60
  • M60A1
  • M60A2
  • M60A3
  • Magach 5
  • Magach 6B
  • Magach 7A
  • Magach 7C
  • M60-2000
  • Sabra Mk. 2
  • XM247
  • M48 GAU-8

Mod download: https://mega.nz/file/BcYzlb7I#fJGOVvSL_koMvdLwHmcI85sIHqnxMa3pZ8RJhRpvqrg

Most of them look the same so I won't bother posting every single screenshot.

KD7sLsA.jpg

bUK4w18.jpg

TpEkHKg.jpg

GO7M8B7.jpg

Installation instructions: this mod will persist across any future game updates and patches, there is no need to modify any other files.

6hj2I41.png

To uninstall, simply delete the mod files.

Legalese and stuff:

You may freely use and redistribute this mod and perform any additional modifications as you see fit. Please attribute the author (me) when redistributing the mod, and provide the address of this thread as the source of the mod.

You may NOT monetize this mod or any part thereof.

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)
  • Upvote 7

Spoiler

American MBTs were good even at low tiers at the time of balance 1.0, it's a pity that time is long gone and I believe that in spite of everything we will never see such an interesting balance (adequate for a game of this kind) in this game. It's sad, it's unfortunate.

However, I'm here to express my admiration for the work done and indeed the listed tanks began to look much better. I like. I might even dust off some of them in my hangar and go out random, hehe.

It would be interesting to see something similar for the Abrams line of tanks, including a change in the design of the basket on the turret in the manner of how it was all this time before the release of 0.34, when all the Abrams tanks became ... became sad. For example, pull out the spare roller from the basket and attach it to the steel bars of the basket itself, even at the same level where the spare roller is now, also remove these square inserts (which are especially disgustingly placed on the M1A1 AIM) from the back of the tower / basket.
I don't know where they saw exactly the same appearance on the tanks that they made in the game as a result.

There are plenty of different elements in this mod that can be used to transform Abrams tanks, adhering to history (I would like to).

1rlI1qbbr_4.jpg

fUM-cFJBBPU.jpg

UOWjSj7Ajnk.jpg