Haswell

Daily rewards for beginners

https://aw.mail.ru/news/6046.html

Daily rewards for beginners!
03/06/2020

Tankers!

30 days of premium status, reputation, gold, "Object 279" and many other rewards for entering the game for beginners.

Great news for new fighters. If you signed up for the game no more than a week ago, in the hangar you will now see the “Daily Bonus” button with a very special offer. By clicking on it, you will get access to purchase a special set, which includes progressive cars of all five classes, which will instantly open your way to further achievements, and, most importantly, access to rewards for entering the game for 30 days!
Equipment

MBT Level 3 Tiran 6;
    Level 3 IT Dragoon 300 LFV-90;
    Level 3 LT FV101 Scorpion;
    Self-propelled guns of the 3rd level M108;
    BBM Level 3 XM800T LAW.

After purchasing the kit you will open a new section in the game menu. Within 30 days there you will receive rewards for entering the game. Among them: gold, premium status, loans and premium technology.

6376b4b7d57d984730b0da64d05f22c6.png

Already on the first day you will receive 30 days of premium status, 15,000 reputation and 1,500 gold! And the next day, new prizes. In any case, you will not stay in the red, and if you are active, you will get much more!

See you on the battlefield!

I guess free stuff for new players is always nice? A pity they don't benefit anyone silly enough to have played the game for years.

:boredseal:

Edited by Haswell
Clearly not RU-only anymore (see edit history)

Spoiler

Well I wouldn't say 'free' if I have to buy something to get another thing.. Anyway, the amount of reward looks good. It would be nice to see it on global server too.

Oh, I missed the part where they had to pay to get access.

Yeah, looks pretty horrible now.

:riotk:

Spoiler

Interesting, is that in the My.games store? Wonder why they didn't advertise it for the money grab, it's not worth buying it at the slightest, but there will still be people suckered into it.

Spoiler

Yes. It is in the My.games store, only accessible via in-game link. The guy sent that pic to me signed up less than 7 days ago, so its definitely new-players only.

He says the total rewards other than T3 vehicles sums up to 60 days of premium(activated instantly), 5000+ gold, 44k reputation, 8mil+ credit, so its probably worth more than 8 bucks.

this offer mean that Aw need to recruit new members to replace those who left this game after paid for battlepath and stop it because they realised that they must pay a lot to complete BP .

Nothing for those who play this game since 2016 !

NA/EU finally posted their version of the details.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/starter-pack-new-players

Recently, some of you who are new to this game might have noticed a very special offer, tailor-made just for you. It’s available directly within the game by pressing a button, located in the upper left corner of your Garage.

This button will bring you to MY.GAMES Market, where a Starter Pack bundle awaits you. This bundle contains progression vehicles of all five classes but, more importantly, also the access to 30 days of daily rewards that include everything a new Armored Warfare commander needs to start his or her mercenary career – Premium Time, Gold, Credits, Reputation, Premium vehicles and much more.

The first day alone contains no fewer than 30 days of Premium Time and 1.500 Gold along with a hefty chunk of Reputation. You can read more about boosting your progress in Armored Warfare in our dedicated article.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity!

Please note that this offer is only available to new accounts (at most, one week old) and contains items that are intended for beginners. Veteran commanders can enjoy our weekly offers instead, which contain items more suitable for high-end experience.

I guess for brand new players the prem time, credits and free XP might be worth it? I'm still not entirely convinced though, since this is essentially a pay-2-save-time bundle that will lose its usefulness fairly quickly.

The other thing that concerns me is the accelerated progression for new players, all the freebies tempt them to skip through the lower tiers and go straight into the high tier meta, without first acquiring the skills and experience required to perform well in high tiers. It's almost as bad as giving everyone tier 8 and tier 9 rentals, day 1 players will get stomped on because they know nothing about how the game works and probably ragequit. This is bad for new player retention, but maybe that's the point since they already forked over their money and they don't matter much anymore.

Spoiler

I have mixed feelings about what you tell. Surely noobs without the needed experience playing at high tiers can be somehow a problem, but i see a lot of very bad players playing T9-10 progression tanks, tanks that you can not buy paying real money for them or to buy crates with a chance to find them inside. We must accept that some players remain crap even after playing the game for years, as i suppose that progress a line up to T9 or 10 with the kind of reward they get on average, even spending a lot of real money to buy premium time, boosts and insigna, takes forever.

The real problem is not 2 premium tanks offered as free rental for 2 weeks, is that a player can right from the start have a permanent high tier premium tank and that some players reach high tiers only spending a lot of time playing, as even if you rank at the last place in a PvE and do almost nothing useful you get roughly half of what an avverage good player gets in the same match. But is a problem we have to live with, and if this mean that we will loose some matches cause of them on average we, at least decent players, on average gain by having them playing as we get more kills, damage and spots, they share with us mainly only the objectives and win reward. Not being an unicorn i notice that on average i gain more when i play with randoms then when i platoon with 4 unicorns, as then i am often in the lower part of the ranking.

I also think that the way the grind works in this game depends a lot on which part of the grind you are in. At now i have no more credit problems, i recently become billionaire, in the game, don't get me wrong :snrk:, even at now i am again at less then one billion, as i bought yesterday 2 new T9 and got also the T8 seasonal reward so i had to spend even more to buy the retrofits. But credit for me are not an issue since a long time, if i want to spend 10M to retrofit a T2 tank i do it, even if that tank will never earn back the credits.

But i remember so well when i was grinding  my low and medium tier tanks, then the credits was my main problem, i had more then one tank unlocked that i did not have the money to buy, and when i started playing the cost of the retrofits was tier related, now is flat, to pay back the 3M that some retros cost with a low tier tank will probably never happen, so a player beginning to grind has to go with a less competitive tank and even later to use the low grade retrofits for his medium tier tanks.

My suggestion for the newbies is to don't buy that Pack, but to buy high level premiums individually, how many and at what tier it depends on his pockets, but even a single good T7 premium can earn all the credits needed to progress through the low and medium tiers, even better if it is a higher tier credit printing machine like the Murder or the T40, that in only few games can pay the cost of a low tier tank, buying, upgrading and maybe also putting some really needed retrofits on, like at least a view enhancer on AFVs and the other tanks that have potentially a good camo to spot. Also a good T8 premium MBT is a good option, less rewarding, but more novice friendly somehow, a Marder or T40 only shines in the hands of a good player and gets destroyed fast in the hands of who has absolutely no clue on how to use it. And the reputation a good high tier premium gets is also very useful to speed the low tier grinding.

This, and buying premium time on a regular basis, as now is no more so easy to get it for free, is what can really help a newbie to progress fast, not a bunch of low tier premiums that will become quite fast obsolete, grinding wise, as soon as the player reaches higher tiers.

It would be better if the not yet experienced and skilled players would not play high tiers, but those that invest enough time playing, if not real money, reach anyway the high tiers, without the warranty that they become actually good players, But for those that are willing to learn and improve, but lack of the luxury  to have hours each day to play, because they have also a work, maybe a family and kids that deserve more attention then the one a computer game deserves, and maybe have also some other hobby to dedicate their spare time, grinding in this game can be really long and i don't see anything wrong if they get in a T8 or T9 game with their premium to farm some credits and reputation, as already exist so many wallet tankers that crowd the high tiers with their very costly T10 premiums as well as players that somehow managed to reach high tier progression tanks without actually learning how to play the game. 

So, if you have the shop link, you actually can buy this, even on an existing account.
Decent value for the $, you get 5.2k gold, an Object 279, and 60 days of prem, along with a couple boosters and a tiny amount of credits.
Unfortunately, it does cost real money.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, joebob73 said:

So, if you have the shop link, you actually can buy this, even on an existing account.
Decent value for the $, you get 5.2k gold, an Object 279, and 60 days of prem, along with a couple boosters and a tiny amount of credits.
Unfortunately, it does cost real money.

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal for the money.

Is the 5.2k Gold part of the 30 days of login rewards? Or does that include the value of the Object 279 for those of us who already have it?  A Tier 5 is worth... $7.50?  Or 1500 Gold?

$8.25 to get all of the above plus another 1500 Gold for an Object 279 is really pretty good.  I use gold to skip BP grind dailies all the time.

2 hours ago, knutliott said:

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal for the money.

Is the 5.2k Gold part of the 30 days of login rewards? Or does that include the value of the Object 279 for those of us who already have it?  A Tier 5 is worth... $7.50?  Or 1500 Gold?

$8.25 to get all of the above plus another 1500 Gold for an Object 279 is really pretty good.  I use gold to skip BP grind dailies all the time.

The 5.2k and Object 279 are separate, yes.  1500 gold up front, and then the rest is spread across the next 29 days.

• Upvote 1