Austin5125

Reload time calculation

I tried to search how reload time works on AW, but I got nothing so far.

So here is my question.

Type 96 have exactly 10s reload time on stock.

Without any commander skill and equipped with Improved Autoloader(RoF +13%), the reload time becomes 8.89s.

If I calculate 10*0.87=8.7, it doesn't match at all.

If I calculate 10/1.13=8.85, its close enough, but still 0.04s lower.

Did I miss something? Type 96 have autoloader, so it doesn't have crew skill related with reload speed.

The 13% listed is actually 12.5% rounded up. Yes, it's sloppy.

For your 10s reload example, 10 / 1.125 = 8.8888... which rounds up to 8.89.

Spoiler

How about 5% RoF on Improved Gun Breech? It should be 10/1.05=9.52s but it actually displayed as 9.48s. Is it secretly 5.5% like the autoloader upgrade?

I would assume so. That would make the most sense given the info available, since 10 / 1.055 = 9.478... rounded up to 9.48.

As an aside, RoF retrofits and modules buffs are additive and not multiplicative. T-14 for instance, base reload is 8s, with the module upgrade goes down to 7.11s, and goes further down to 6.4s with the retrofit.  8 / (1 + 0.125 + 0.125) = 6.4

Spoiler

Thats pretty weird.. Why would they not specify below the decimal point? I mean it is negligible, but still its weird.

That would make too much sense, which isn't consistent with the rest of the game.

Spoiler

On 3/6/2020 at 6:49 AM, Haswell said:

As an aside, RoF retrofits and modules buffs are additive and not multiplicative. 

So is it possible to double up on the reload rate retrofits?  If my mobility is fine as is, can I plug in both the V1 and V2 breech retros at the same time?

I assume vision retros /buffs are additive (since they are expressed in meters). Is the benefit from multiple vision retros additive when stationary?

This will help me figure out whether to splurge on V1 retros... if you can only do 1 retro at a time, I might just save up and grind on to unlock the V2 versions.

Thanks in advance,

DVC, QR.

6 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

So is it possible to double up on the reload rate retrofits?  If my mobility is fine as is, can I plug in both the V1 and V2 breech retros at the same time?

I assume vision retros /buffs are additive (since they are expressed in meters). Is the benefit from multiple vision retros additive when stationary?

This will help me figure out whether to splurge on V1 retros... if you can only do 1 retro at a time, I might just save up and grind on to unlock the V2 versions.

Thanks in advance,

DVC, QR.

No. You can't install same retrofit with different levels. You can however install and get benefit from both stationary vision retrofit and normal vision retrofit, since they are counted as different ones.

31 minutes ago, Austin5125 said:

No. You can't install same retrofit with different levels. You can however install and get benefit from both stationary vision retrofit and normal vision retrofit, since they are counted as different ones.

The trick to knowing which ones you can double up on and which ones you can't is to look at the icon/image of the retrofit.  If the icon/image is the same, you can't double up.  If they're different, you can use both.

This is why you can use an accuracy refit, an aim time refit, and the level 2 refit that gives you both level 1 accuracy and level 1 aim time.  That 3rd retro has a different image than either of the others, so even though it duplicates both of their level 1 versions you can use it with them.

• Upvote 2