Sign in to follow this  
eXeStyle

The voice of war

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon! I want to apologize in advance. This text was typed using Google Translate as English is not my native language. In this post, I would like to share with you a mod called Voice of War! The mod was originally made by me for the VKontakte group and was a kind of exclusive. This modification replaces a huge number of sounds that the player can hear in battle. This was done for greater immersion in the gameplay and enjoyment of what is happening. What does this mod change in the gameplay?
- Replaced ALL shooting sounds. 6 sounds were taken from Vadim's Weapon Sounds mods and the very first BATTLEFIELD Gun Sound mod (I used some other files because these guys made the best sounds for the game. All copyrights belong to the authors of these mods and sound files. I do not claim authorship) ;
- Replaced the sounds of diesel engines with new, more realistic ones, as well as the sound of a hybrid engine with a more believable one (previously, the sounds of diesel engines have already been posted here as a separate file);
- Changed the sound of the turret turning from third person to more realistic;
- Replacing the sound of the air suspension with a realistic one;
- Replacing the sound of shooting a smoke screen with a realistic one;
- Replacing the sound of reloaded tanks with a realistic one;
- Changed the activation sound of some mechanical parts, such as the radar and the landing ramp (landing hatch);
- Replaced the sounds of movement of tank tracks;
- Replaced most of the sound effects of impacts, penetrations into the player's tank when viewed from the 3rd person to realistic ones;
- Changed the sounds of ricochets of ARMOR shells and bullets from vehicles;
- replaced the sounds of the movement of wheeled and tracked vehicles on various surfaces, namely on asphalt - primer and various types of off-road (sand, snow, earth);
- Replaced the sounds of shells hitting snow, earth and sand with more effective ones;
- Replaced the sounds of explosions, as well as replaced some of the effects used in PVE missions (from the effects, the sounds of a flying helicopter, its shooting, as well as the passage of jets overhead for more immersion);
- Replaced the sounds of equipment exploding when destroyed (including the player) with realistic ones. Now it's more like what you might hear while playing Battlefield 3;
- Changed the sound of target acquisition when using a homing ATGM (Spike, Javelin, etc.). Audio consists of the standard game and target acquisition audio from Battlefield 3;
- Replaced the sounds of firing grenade launchers and mortars with realistic ones;
and much more!
This version of the mod is adapted and universal for foreign users, since all files in Russian have been cut out.

Download link:

If you encounter errors while extracting the archive, try using an alternative link:

File for those who find the sound of the turret turning loud.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GoNeJJNuAI2w2xp1ydOSuEBPAJyza83h/view?usp=sharing

If you wish, you can use my sound files in your mod, but with a link to the author.

As a fan of realism, I also recommend installing:

Edited by eXeStyle (see edit history)
  • Upvote 10

Posted (edited)

You did a great job, this MOD is really cool, I like it!:medboom:If you don't mind I'd like to reprint it to my local community and I'll credit you and the author

Edited by TobiichiOrigami (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TobiichiOrigami said:

You did a great job, this MOD is really cool, I like it!:medboom:If you don't mind I'd like to reprint it to my local community and I'll credit you and the author

Of course friend. I'm not against

This is soooo good, you did an amazing job !

Now if only we could mod game balance... heh

Posted (edited)

When I actually downloaded it, there seems to be a problem with the file. When I unzipped the compressed file, it says "corrupted compressed file".

Edited by LesProux (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, LesProux said:

When I actually downloaded it, there seems to be a problem with the file. When I unzipped the compressed file, it says "corrupted compressed file".

unzip has a fix function, and once it's fixed, it's ready to use.

31 minutes ago, LesProux said:

This should not be, although I admit that this is all the merit of the WinZip program. I uploaded a new archive. Try it. The link is in the description of the mod.

2 minutes ago, LesProux said:

It works so well now! Thank you very much. Thank you.

:winkseal:

Posted (edited)

Nice work! Only nitpick would be, that 3rd person reload FX are a bit loud.

Edit: Oh, no issues unpacking with 7-zip

Edited by Zafir
additional info (see edit history)

AW 한국 커뮤니티에서 좋은 사운드 모드가 있다는 소식을 방금 들었습니다. 인-게임에 적용하니 정말 멋지네요! 감사합니다!

I just heard from the AW Korean community that they have a nice sound mod. Applying it in-game, it's really cool! Thank you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zafir said:

There really is such a thing. In general, this is easily corrected by adjusting the volume of the shots.

50 minutes ago, General_KangGamchan said:

AW 한국 커뮤니티에서 좋은 사운드 모드가 있다는 소식을 방금 들었습니다. 인-게임에 적용하니 정말 멋지네요! 감사합니다!

I just heard from the AW Korean community that they have a nice sound mod. Applying it in-game, it's really cool! Thank you!

I'm very glad that you liked it. It was the lack of good sound in the game that pushed me to create this mod.

3 hours ago, eXeStyle said:
5 hours ago, Zafir said:

There really is such a thing. In general, this is easily corrected by adjusting the volume of the shots.

AH! So they are unfortunately bound to the sound level of the shots. A bit annoying, their volume is totally fine.

Posted (edited)

Great mod, this basically makes my WIP sound mod obsolete, its just so much better.

The only thing I don't like is the new turret rotation sound.

One soundclip is a bit odd, its louder than the other ambient sounds, its at 5:10 in your video, its  crackin sound, as if you are driving over rubble, maybe that could be tweaked a little by making it a litle less loud.

Did you mess with the gas turbine sounds? They sound like they haven't been changed.

Also, how did you do the engine sounds?
I tried messing with them but they only play for a fraction of a second before they turn completely silent.

Edited by cookie (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cookie said:

Great mod, this basically makes my WIP sound mod obsolete, its just so much better.

The only thing I don't like is the new turret rotation sound.

One soundclip is a bit odd, its louder than the other ambient sounds, its at 5:10 in your video, its  crackin sound, as if you are driving over rubble, maybe that could be tweaked a little by making it a litle less loud.

Did you mess with the gas turbine sounds? They sound like they haven't been changed.

Also, how did you do the engine sounds?
I tried messing with them but they only play for a fraction of a second before they turn completely silent.

In fact, in battle with wheeled vehicles, the sound of movement on the ground is not particularly audible. Probably due to the settings that I set in the game.

I'll make the sound of the turret turn quieter. Separately, I will upload the file in the message tomorrow.

I did not touch the sounds of the gas turbine engine. In fact, they are not the worst, and in my opinion, it is rather difficult to make them qualitatively.

The fact is that in the game for diesel engines and gas turbine engines in the file goes to the speed levels. It is important that the sound file is not too short. For me it is about 1.5 - 4.5 seconds. You need to replace each sound file according to the speed.
Diesel_F1_int_lp
Diesel_F1_lp
Diesel_F2_int_lp
Diesel_F2_lp
Diesel_F3_lp

The sound of the exhaust (files exh_lp), which is also divided into speed levels, I did not touch. With the new engine sounds, they sound good.

F1, F2, F3 are the rpm levels. 1 is idle and minimum movement. 2 is the average speed. 3 is the maximum rpm/speed.
int_lp are the sounds you hear in first person while aiming.
lp are those that are outside.

For replacement, it is important to pick up files from one engine, and not from different ones. Or the sounds should be as similar as possible to each other.

Sounds diesel_idle, diesel_m1, diesel_sl1 work on the same principle.
I hope that what I wrote is understandable and accessible given the knowledge of my English

And as a bonus, the electric_spindle file is the sound of a hybrid engine. As you can see, it is not divided into rpm levels, and it is for this reason that this sound sounds strange in the game.

1.thumb.jpg.3e49555e052bf10cf5175265d3e957eb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6384e5665a374329b1dc4bd008fe1b6e.jpg

I've used warthunder clips for the engines, the full 8 seconds at first and later cut to 2,5 seconds. Still a split second of sound then silence.
What do diesel_sl1 and m1 do?

I will try to mess with the gas turbines, if it works, I would like to send you my files so you can include them in your mod.

Thanks for your help, I'll get back to you once I know more.

2 hours ago, cookie said:

I've used warthunder clips for the engines, the full 8 seconds at first and later cut to 2,5 seconds. Still a split second of sound then silence.
What do diesel_sl1 and m1 do?

I will try to mess with the gas turbines, if it works, I would like to send you my files so you can include them in your mod.

Thanks for your help, I'll get back to you once I know more.

diesel SL 1 and M1 if I'm not mistaken, these are the sounds used by various light vehicles.

Yes, you can throw, I'll listen to them. If they match the turns, then I use them in fashion.