eXeStyle

The Voice of War new update! Version 1.8!

Upd. 07.11.2023
- New sound of the coaxial machine gun;
- New variation of ATGM launch from the 3rd person;
- New ATGM reload sound;
- New sounds of diesel engines from the 3rd person;
- New sound for reloading vehicles with an automatic loader;
- The sound of tank destroyers firing from 1st person has been improved;
- New ATGM reload sound;
- New variation of autocannon firing sounds from 1st and 3rd person caliber up to 50 mm;
- Editing ambient sounds. I played a little with the volume (this concerns the sounds of equipment interacting with surfaces, such as snow, sand, soil, water, etc.);
- Changed the sounds of the suspension. Her work now sounds more varied;
- New sound for switching from the main caliber to the secondary one;
- New countdown sound to the start of the round;
- Added volume to the sound of ammo replenishment;
- Now, at idle speed of a diesel engine, on some types of equipment you can hear the radio conversations of the crews (I did this just for the atmosphere. By the way, this feature was implemented in version 1.6 of the mod, but they could only be heard on the K1A1, Chieftein and possibly Warrior vehicles. And no, I haven’t learned how to change scripts, it’s just a little trick when working with voice acting); - New sounds of projectiles detonating on the surface. (Take care of your ears in large batches);
- Diesel engines of other players now have more realistic voice acting;
- When the active protection complex is activated, there is now a sound of ammunition detonation;
- I worked a little with the voice acting of the gas turbine engine. I added a little volume to the exhaust hum.

Всем доброго времени суток!
Прошло много времени с момента последнего обновления мода. За это время я проделал над ним достаточно большую и объемную работу. Если изначально моей целью было улучшение звуков транспорта и стрельбы, то мои последние обновления уже начали касаться окружения и того, что происходит вокруг игрока в бою. Вся эта работа проводилась для того, чтобы игрок больше погрузился в игровой процесс и в полной мере насладиться происходящим на экране.
Перечислить полный список изменений будет очень сложно, но вкратце, на данный момент:
- Переработано большое количество эффектов окружения, в том числе эффектов разрушения;
- Обновлены звуки стрельбы;
- Новые звуки интерфейса (такие как ускорение, пополнение боезапаса в PVE и многие другие);
- Обновлены звуки попадания игрока;
- Переработаны звуки движения транспорта. Обновлено звучание дизельного двигателя от первого и третьего лица.

И многие, многие другие.

Ниже вы можете увидеть все изменения в демо-роликах.

Обратите внимание, что теперь распаковка несколько изменилась (это сделано для большего удобства). Первый файл включает в себя все основные звуковые архивы для работы мода. Второй файл с припиской "альтернатива" включает в себя только другие звуки стрельбы (эффектов окружения, двигателей и т.д. в этом архиве нет).

A new version!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OVXRGP0sZK0S4CXcXlKfXY_YkPtp72NN/view?usp=sharing

Version realistic (Major Version. Install first):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uUAfmVQuMRGlC9m4dLO4o113w-9DKirD/view?usp=share_link

Version realistic alternate. Shooting and reloading sounds that are used as an alternative in the mod since version 1.6 (Install over the main version):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1td2C1Cdz1oy_ci75I2LXGPlKbuqQ0D4s/view?usp=shakre_lin

Version realistic alternate. The sounds of shooting and reloading that were used in the mod before version 1.5 (Install over the main version):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_uh5L1_CPVchifpfqNcduAiKEuc8JzX/view?usp=share_link

New diesel engine sounds ver. 1.6 (Install over the main version):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VwELNEaS06Y1iKo6JGm03L99x77-Ah5/view?usp=share_link

Alternate player detection alert sound (Install over the main version):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rPJ1tCcRC0DVTRqRmNxyEfxBLvO7IMgi/view?usp=share_link

If you wish, you can use my sound files in your mod, but with a link to the author.

As a fan of realism, I also recommend installing:

More presentation videos:

Edited by eXeStyle (see edit history)
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TobiichiOrigami said:

You did a great job, this MOD is really cool, I like it!:medboom:If you don't mind I'd like to reprint it to my local community and I'll credit you and the author

Of course friend. I'm not against

This is soooo good, you did an amazing job !

Now if only we could mod game balance... heh

When I actually downloaded it, there seems to be a problem with the file. When I unzipped the compressed file, it says "corrupted compressed file".

Edited by LesProux (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, LesProux said:

When I actually downloaded it, there seems to be a problem with the file. When I unzipped the compressed file, it says "corrupted compressed file".

unzip has a fix function, and once it's fixed, it's ready to use.

31 minutes ago, LesProux said:

This should not be, although I admit that this is all the merit of the WinZip program. I uploaded a new archive. Try it. The link is in the description of the mod.

Nice work! Only nitpick would be, that 3rd person reload FX are a bit loud.

Edit: Oh, no issues unpacking with 7-zip

Edited by Zafir
additional info (see edit history)

AW 한국 커뮤니티에서 좋은 사운드 모드가 있다는 소식을 방금 들었습니다. 인-게임에 적용하니 정말 멋지네요! 감사합니다!

I just heard from the AW Korean community that they have a nice sound mod. Applying it in-game, it's really cool! Thank you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zafir said:

There really is such a thing. In general, this is easily corrected by adjusting the volume of the shots.

50 minutes ago, General_KangGamchan said:

AW 한국 커뮤니티에서 좋은 사운드 모드가 있다는 소식을 방금 들었습니다. 인-게임에 적용하니 정말 멋지네요! 감사합니다!

I just heard from the AW Korean community that they have a nice sound mod. Applying it in-game, it's really cool! Thank you!

I'm very glad that you liked it. It was the lack of good sound in the game that pushed me to create this mod.

3 hours ago, eXeStyle said:
5 hours ago, Zafir said:

There really is such a thing. In general, this is easily corrected by adjusting the volume of the shots.

AH! So they are unfortunately bound to the sound level of the shots. A bit annoying, their volume is totally fine.

Great mod, this basically makes my WIP sound mod obsolete, its just so much better.

The only thing I don't like is the new turret rotation sound.

One soundclip is a bit odd, its louder than the other ambient sounds, its at 5:10 in your video, its  crackin sound, as if you are driving over rubble, maybe that could be tweaked a little by making it a litle less loud.

Did you mess with the gas turbine sounds? They sound like they haven't been changed.

Also, how did you do the engine sounds?
I tried messing with them but they only play for a fraction of a second before they turn completely silent.

Edited by cookie (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Great mod, this basically makes my WIP sound mod obsolete, its just so much better.

The only thing I don't like is the new turret rotation sound.

One soundclip is a bit odd, its louder than the other ambient sounds, its at 5:10 in your video, its  crackin sound, as if you are driving over rubble, maybe that could be tweaked a little by making it a litle less loud.

Did you mess with the gas turbine sounds? They sound like they haven't been changed.

Also, how did you do the engine sounds?
I tried messing with them but they only play for a fraction of a second before they turn completely silent.

In fact, in battle with wheeled vehicles, the sound of movement on the ground is not particularly audible. Probably due to the settings that I set in the game.

I'll make the sound of the turret turn quieter. Separately, I will upload the file in the message tomorrow.

I did not touch the sounds of the gas turbine engine. In fact, they are not the worst, and in my opinion, it is rather difficult to make them qualitatively.

The fact is that in the game for diesel engines and gas turbine engines in the file goes to the speed levels. It is important that the sound file is not too short. For me it is about 1.5 - 4.5 seconds. You need to replace each sound file according to the speed.
Diesel_F1_int_lp
Diesel_F1_lp
Diesel_F2_int_lp
Diesel_F2_lp
Diesel_F3_lp

The sound of the exhaust (files exh_lp), which is also divided into speed levels, I did not touch. With the new engine sounds, they sound good.

F1, F2, F3 are the rpm levels. 1 is idle and minimum movement. 2 is the average speed. 3 is the maximum rpm/speed.
int_lp are the sounds you hear in first person while aiming.
lp are those that are outside.

For replacement, it is important to pick up files from one engine, and not from different ones. Or the sounds should be as similar as possible to each other.

Sounds diesel_idle, diesel_m1, diesel_sl1 work on the same principle.
I hope that what I wrote is understandable and accessible given the knowledge of my English

And as a bonus, the electric_spindle file is the sound of a hybrid engine. As you can see, it is not divided into rpm levels, and it is for this reason that this sound sounds strange in the game.

1.thumb.jpg.3e49555e052bf10cf5175265d3e957eb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6384e5665a374329b1dc4bd008fe1b6e.jpg

I've used warthunder clips for the engines, the full 8 seconds at first and later cut to 2,5 seconds. Still a split second of sound then silence.
What do diesel_sl1 and m1 do?

I will try to mess with the gas turbines, if it works, I would like to send you my files so you can include them in your mod.

Thanks for your help, I'll get back to you once I know more.

2 hours ago, cookie said:

I've used warthunder clips for the engines, the full 8 seconds at first and later cut to 2,5 seconds. Still a split second of sound then silence.
What do diesel_sl1 and m1 do?

I will try to mess with the gas turbines, if it works, I would like to send you my files so you can include them in your mod.

Thanks for your help, I'll get back to you once I know more.

diesel SL 1 and M1 if I'm not mistaken, these are the sounds used by various light vehicles.

Yes, you can throw, I'll listen to them. If they match the turns, then I use them in fashion.

9 hours ago, eXeStyle said:

I want to notify all those who are interested about updating the version of the mod.

This sound mode is fantastic! Thank you.
However, there are still some areas that are a little disappointing.
I will give you my feedback.

1. In the third-person view, the turret rotating sound seems to be still loud. I think it would be perfect to turn down the sound "a little more" in the current state.

2. The ATGM launch sound is too small in the first and third person views. I hope this sound will be louder in the next version.

P.S.

I have one more suggestion for you.

https://youtu.be/I32BgHw351o?t=65
Please pay attention to the crew voice from 1:05 to 1:17 in the video in this link. Crew voices like this at the start of a match are very interesting.

And,

https://youtu.be/AiZCInAIUfc?t=4
The video from this link from 0:04 to 0:10 is gun reload sound "UP!" The sound is also very interesting.I really hope you add this.
https://youtu.be/qDb9Gqvr_7M?t=10
(The same applies from 0:08 to 0:13 in this video)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LesProux said:

This sound mode is fantastic! Thank you.
However, there are still some areas that are a little disappointing.
I will give you my feedback.

1. In the third-person view, the turret rotating sound seems to be still loud. I think it would be perfect to turn down the sound "a little more" in the current state.

2. The ATGM launch sound is too small in the first and third person views. I hope this sound will be louder in the next version.

P.S.

I have one more suggestion for you.

https://youtu.be/I32BgHw351o?t=65
Please pay attention to the crew voice from 1:05 to 1:17 in the video in this link. Crew voices like this at the start of a match are very interesting.

And,

https://youtu.be/AiZCInAIUfc?t=4
The video from this link from 0:04 to 0:10 is gun reload sound "UP!" The sound is also very interesting.I really hope you add this.
https://youtu.be/qDb9Gqvr_7M?t=10
(The same applies from 0:08 to 0:13 in this video)

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback!
The sound of the turret drive from a third person, like last time, I will correct in a separate file, which I will fix in the first message.

As for the voices of the crews, you can try to implement this, but I think it's impossible, but I'll try.

In general, you can take the voice acting option from the AW video, or you can take excellent voice acting options from here
(34) GHPC | Crew voice is scary realistic - YouTube

• Upvote 1

The Voice of War sound mod makes Armoured Warfare much more enjoyable to play. My favorite sound of this whole pack is the sound for the gas powered engines wich really reminds on the original sound of a Leyland engine which was used in Chieftain tanks. Would it be possible to gave the gas engine sound to the Chietains and to the T-64? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WolleWolf95 said:

The Voice of War sound mod makes Armoured Warfare much more enjoyable to play. My favorite sound of this whole pack is the sound for the gas powered engines wich really reminds on the original sound of a Leyland engine which was used in Chieftain tanks. Would it be possible to gave the gas engine sound to the Chietains and to the T-64? 

You have great hearing! Theoretically, this can be done, but for this you need to interfere with scripts. Unfortunately, I have not yet reached this level, although I plan to try to work with sound scripts using FMOD. Maybe something will come out of this.