eXeStyle

The Voice of War new update! Version 1.8!

I am sure one day you will be able do you that! keep up the good work mate! :classic_biggrin:

About the T-64 there are are some nice videos on YouTube of the 5TD/6TD two stroke engine

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, eXeStyle said:

You have great hearing! Theoretically, this can be done, but for this you need to interfere with scripts. Unfortunately, I have not yet reached this level, although I plan to try to work with sound scripts using FMOD. Maybe something will come out of this.

Wonder if that would be able to also fix stuff like this:
Apparently, the Al-Hussein features HEAT, AP FDS and “Sabot”.
631684377_TheotherSabot.jpg.6ab359e9c7c1482f5465bf371ce09dde.jpg:

Had at least one more vehicle with the wrong commander callout sound FX and subtitle on HE, unfortunately I can't remember it.

Further, still hoping that someday 14.5 KPV's and 12.7 M2's / DShK's may not share the same sound profile as all 7.62 coax MG's.

Great changes in 0.9! Keep it up. :D

Great changes!
Not a fan of the spotting alarm sound and the gas turbines though.
Did you change the gun sound for 1st person too?
Which files do I have to modify to change the gas turbine sound?
I'd like to give it a go.

14 hours ago, cookie said:

Great changes!
Not a fan of the spotting alarm sound and the gas turbines though.
Did you change the gun sound for 1st person too?
Which files do I have to modify to change the gas turbine sound?
I'd like to give it a go.

Good afternoon! To edit the sound of a gas turbine engine, you need to edit the M1A1 files
Yes, first person weapon sounds have also been reworked.
image.thumb.png.95f6db8cde5c4473cdd88be58dbdddab.png

18 hours ago, cookie said:

Not a fan of the spotting alarm sound

Think it's an aircraft radar lock warning, not sure if modern tanks feature a radar / laser lock warning in their electronic warfare gear? Would there be a more immersive alternative?

8 minutes ago, Zafir said:

Think it's an aircraft radar lock warning, not sure if modern tanks feature a radar / laser lock warning in their electronic warfare gear? Would there be a more immersive alternative?

• Upvote 1

The Type 90 has a gas turbine now. I don't know if that's becuase of the mod or if thats a bug in the game.

• Upvote 1

It is not a bug the Type 90 had always a gas turbine for strange reasons? I dont know why the develeopers didn´t put a closer look cause the Type comes with a Mitsubishi diesel engine in real. One of the AMX 30 tanks got the same problem it has also a gas turbine.

9 hours ago, cookie said:

The Type 90 has a gas turbine now. I don't know if that's becuase of the mod or if thats a bug in the game.

Unfortunately, this is a developer error. I have not yet learned how to write scripts for sound files. I am aware of this problem. When I tested the new version of the mod, I also drew attention to this annoying mistake.

Well, I'm happy to make a separate addon, provided that you can send me these sounds. The difficulty in this case lies in the fact that in the video the sound of the engine is the same, while for a high-quality mod you need to separate the sound into the engine, exhaust, turbine. In addition, in this video, even if you just cut the sound, there are a lot of conversations behind the scenes. I personally navigated and took the sound for the Gas Turbine Engine from this video.
(51) War Thunder Real Engine sound MOD 〜ABRAMS〜 ☆old version☆ Check new channels - YouTube

Edited by eXeStyle (see edit history)

On 5/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, Grenier said:

Now if only we could mod game balance... heh

Working to nudge it into the good direction... It's hard.
---
Also have to test this mod, it looks absolutely epic. Thank you for sharing this.

Spasibo moy drug :)

Edited by Flavio93Zena (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LesProux said:

I hope this mod develops more and more! Thank you always.

Good afternoon! In general, there are developments in development, but they are few. Replaced my old sounds for tank destroyers, light tanks and main battle tanks and some minor changes. It is also planned to make it all in a convenient installer, so that everyone can install the modification without any problems. The difficulty is only in the small amount of free time that I could devote to a more detailed development of the mod)

• Upvote 1

If anything, I haven't forgotten about the Western community, I'm working on a new patch. Slowly, but I can already show something. New sounds for autocannons 50mm and above. Also on the video you can hear the new sound of ATGM penetration. Rate the new sounds so that I understand whether it is worth continuing to work in this direction or not.

Edited by eXeStyle (see edit history)
  • Upvote 4

On 8/1/2022 at 5:00 AM, eXeStyle said:

If anything, I haven't forgotten about the Western community, I'm working on a new patch. Slowly, but I can already show something. New sounds for autocannons 50mm and above. Also on the video you can hear the new sound of ATGM penetration. Rate the new sounds so that I understand whether it is worth continuing to work in this direction or not.

These sound great. I hope you plan to overhaul the smaller caliber autocannons as well. I find the feedback sounds from blocking damage as well as penetrating hits to be lacking

• Upvote 1

Öffne den Launcher, klick auf den Pfeil neben dem „Spielen“-Knopf und wähle „Öffne den Spielclient Ordner“.
Im Ordner „Armored Warfare MyCom“ weiter zu „localization“ und dann „german“. Vermute mal, du spielst AW auf Deutsch.

„The voice of war 1.2 realistic weapon alternate eng.zip“ vom Google drive aus dem ersten Post hier im Thread herunterladen und entpacken.
Den enthaltenen Ordner „sounds“ nun in den offenen Ordner …\Armored Warfare MyCom\localization\german kopieren.

Im Launcher auf „Spielen“ klicken und neue Effekte genießen.

Zum Deinstallieren einfach den „sounds“ Ordner in …\Armored Warfare MyCom\localization\german wieder löschen und den Client neu starten.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, 8-BitPhantom said:

How can i add the voicelines in to the game? I need a tutorial.

Well it works pretty much the same as modding decals - have correctly named file in correct folder(s). Issue is AW has an insane amount of voice lines, so a) you can't replace them all with something fitting, as GHPC doesn't nearly as many voice lines. And b) it's incredibly tedious as you need to replace every single file manually. For thousands of files.

• Upvote 1