Haswell

5th Anniversary Event (the actual one)

10 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

And of course @Katsumoto received the entire vehicle upon opening the first crate... wow.

Yeah, I'm still surprised about that because normally if the grand prize was to get struck by lightning I'd still come in last place.  In before the "reported for being a hack"....

However a break down for my other window licker character.

• 5 Part of a ZTQ-15 Special Crate (1 per crate)
  • 12 Parts of ZTQ-15  (5, 5, 1, 1)
  • 1 3-day rental (Abrams ADGS)

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Opened the second set of 10 ZTQ-15 crates, for a total of 15 parts and some 1-day rental tanks. Assembled a special crate for an additional 3 parts.

As expected, it's all going to come down to the wire with the last set of 35 crates.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, Katsumoto said:

Yeah, I'm still surprised about that because normally if the grand prize was to get struck by lightning I'd still come in last place.  In before the "reported for being a hack"....

However a break down for my other window licker character.

• 5 Part of a ZTQ-15 Special Crate (1 per crate)
  • 12 Parts of ZTQ-15  (5, 5, 1, 1)
  • 1 3-day rental (Abrams ADGS)

Hey @Katsumoto, any advice as to what to do with unused parts?  It looks like the blueprints and crates are sell-able.... do the crates have more value if unopened?

At the current rate of 1-day rental tanks, I am thinking about cracking open the crates for the rental tanks (to add to reserve fleet in the hopes that someday will get the permanent prem tank to redeem the rentals for gold) and selling off excess parts.

QR

5x single part of ZTQ-15, went from 17 parts after 5 boxes to 22 parts after 15 boxes :classic_wacko:

Edit: what are the parts of ZTQ-15 special crates for? I have 15 of those, combine 10 for 1 extra box?

Edited by GunslingerXXX (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, GunslingerXXX said:

I have 15 of those, combine 10 for 1 extra box?

Yes. Not sure if the rewards differ from the normal ones.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

My second set of crates (+10, 15 total now) brought me from 9 parts to 19, and that includes 5 received from the "special" crate that I assembled.

I received a ridiculous number of useless, stupid, 1-day rentals.

In other words, I'm averaging less than 1 ZTQ-15 part per crate, and 5 per special crate.

2 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

Yes. Not sure if the rewards differ from the normal ones.

Yes, special crates drop a minimum of 3 ZTQ-15 parts (as opposed to 1) and cannot drop useless, stupid, 1-day rentals.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Schlock said:

I love how something called "ZTQ-15 crate" sometimes doesn't contain actual ZTQ-15 parts.

Well, since rental tank crates contain a special crate parts, they do essentially contain about 0.33 of a ZTQ-15 part.... so maybe it's a "ZTQ-15 flavored crate."

1 hour ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Well, since rental tank crates contain a special crate parts, they do essentially contain about 0.33 of a ZTQ-15 part.... so maybe it's a "ZTQ-15 flavored crate."

So, you're suggesting that "ZTQ crates" are supermarket brand version of genuine crates? Basically Lidl/Walmart crates?

That would actually explain a lot.

Consider me lucky - 12 parts total from 15 crates and 1 special crate. I think i saw the same drop rate pattern in Type 90 crates, they were also over-saturated with rentals. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, Quantum_Ranger said:

Hey @Katsumoto, any advice as to what to do with unused parts?  It looks like the blueprints and crates are sell-able.... do the crates have more value if unopened?

I have no idea.  That would be a @Silentstalkertype of question to answer.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Looks like 2 extra days, unless I put it in my calendar wrong when the event started.  It was going to end at 02:00 Pacific on Sunday morning, and now it's going to end at 02:00 Pacific on Tuesday morning.

What's weird to me is that I've already seen people talking about getting their 35 crates, but that isn't possible for me.  I can't complete Stage 8 until 5:00 pm Pacific tomorrow, and I haven't missed a day yet.  There were originally 36 "days" in this event, though the last "day" is only 9 hours long.  (It was going to start Saturday evening at 17:00 and end Sunday morning at 02:00.  It now starts Monday evening at 17:00 and ends Tuesday morning at 02:00.)

Got the final 35 creates.  For the record, at this point I had 19 parts from the first 15 crates plus the first special crate.  I was also sitting on 5 special crate parts, which was to be expected having opened 15 crates so far.

First 10: 7 parts, 4 useless stupid 1-day rentals
Next 10: 5 parts, 6 useless stupid 1-day rentals
Next 10: 6 parts, 5 useless stupid 1-day rentals, ONLY 9 SPECIAL CRATE PARTS
Next 10: 13 parts, 5 useless stupid 1-day rentals
Last 5: ... wait, what?

Check again.  Yep, still have 5 crates left.  I'm now sitting at exactly 50 parts (19 from before, 31 from this batch of crates).  I have 44 Special Crate parts, 39 of which I just received by opening crates, and I already used 10 from the earlier 15 crates received to build (and open) 1 Special Crate.  WTF?

Okay, forget the 5 remaining crates for now, let's build the 4 Special Crates that I can build.

First Special Crate: 50 parts.  SMH.  ZTQ-15 achieved.

I still have 5 crates, 3 Special Crates, and 4 parts of a Special Crate.

I have no idea where the 10 extra crates came from.  I wasn't paying that close of attention to what was dropping other than to count the parts and rentals, so it's possible that the drop that was supposed to be the 45th Special Crate part was instead 10 extra crates.  In fact, that pretty much has to be what happened as nothing else really makes sense.  Wish I'd noticed it so that I could have taken a screenshot!

Anyway, ZTQ-15 looks pretty cool and I can't wait to dress it up in the Roman skin this weekend!

This is the reason I do not buy Crates,  they are a joke....How to milk players out of cash....here have a random crate for a tank you might not get...LOL

27 minutes ago, CaptKingNF said:

This is the reason I do not buy Crates,  they are a joke....How to milk players out of cash....here have a random crate for a tank you might not get...LOL

Not only you may not get the tank, you may also not get the part for the tank.

Anyway, after opening my 50 crates and 5 special crates I got... drum roll... 50 ZTQ-15 parts total.

At least 2,500 gold I got from rentals I already had was a silver lining in this protracted exercize in why, in gambling, house always wins.

I am at 80 ZTQ-15 parts hoping to get the last stack of crates I may have missed a day. At Stage 8 3/5 Friday evening 16 Oct 2020 after doing event battle in Pvp tier 1.

1 hour ago, CaptKingNF said:

I don't buy crates either. These were free from the Anniversary event.

I got about 1500 gold from the first batch of rentals that dropped, but haven't sold the 20 new ones yet. Should get around 2000 from these since I don't own some if them. 

40 minutes ago, Nihtwaco said:

I am at 80 ZTQ-15 parts hoping to get the last stack of crates I may have missed a day. At Stage 8 3/5 Friday evening 16 Oct 2020 after doing event battle in Pvp tier 1.

You've missed 2 days, but luckily you have 3 opportunities left. 

Wow this is dissapointing...

I thought I had a good chance based on some info on this forum. But mainly rental stuff... 17 parts after first 5 boxes for a good start. 28 parts after first 15 (after assembling the special crate for parts). 57 after all 50...

57/100, thats NOT EVEN CLOSE, why would this be described as a decent chance???

Also, come on these mechanics of having regular crates and then special crates which you need 10 to assemble and then open and then get 3-4 parts? lots of clicking and scrolling? Developers think I'm a five year old kid that likes to open boxes???

Anyway, yeah, for me as new player a free tier 9 premium would have been epic (maybe a bit too good). However I was looking forward to it, frankly I find this method quite strange because it is unfair to complete al missions and some players get rewards and some don't... how is that for pi$$ing off your playerbase? With lootbox systems I understand you gamble for a prize, but this just feels odd and very unfair to me.

Results from my 50 + 5 crates:

image.png

Over half of the crates dropped rentals, and I got less than 1 part per crate (excluding special crates). There are talks of how the very first few crates tend to have better drops than the rest, and this does look quite plausible here.

It's also amusing how I got 11 rentals in a row; a friend of mine got 9 rentals in a row in his 10-crate run, and that doesn't look encouraging for prospective spenders (if there are any). He got 99 parts at the end, and among them 60 parts are from special crates, including one that dropped 50 parts. Even then, he said he felt doubtful on buying crates because he doesn't know how many more rentals he would get from crates before getting the single part he wants.

Thanks for the anniversary event. Congrats to those who got the tank within 50 crates. For those who didn't get it, you're not alone. Business is business, I guess? But I will leave that for others to discuss.

Edited by Qbicle
Changed thumbnail to full size image (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

77/100 myself, even got a bonus 20 crates instead of a part of a crate. But too many damn rentals told me to go fuck myself and spend money if I want a ZTQ-15.