Haswell

5th Anniversary Event (the actual one)

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/announcing-anniversary-takedown

The event will activate on September 13, 3 AM CEST (September 12, 18:00 PDT) and you can access it by pressing the Event button in your Garage.

scr4x

Its rules are very simple. Every day, complete the daily objective by destroying 5 enemy vehicles in a single PvE battle or 1 player vehicle in PvP in order to receive the following rewards:

• Complete 1 daily objective to receive 5 Platinum Loot Crates
  • Complete 5 daily objectives to receive 7 days of Premium Time
  • Complete 10 daily objectives to receive the BVP M-80A Premium AFV

The BVP M-80A is a Yugoslavian Tier 5 Premium Armored Fighting Vehicle that resembles a large Russian BMP and, in its basic configuration, plays like any other Infantry Fighting Vehicle. What makes it unique, however, is the fact that you can choose from three separate turrets, each offering very different gameplay (IFV, fire support and tank destroyer). For more details, please check out our dedicated article.

But that’s not all that awaits you, because there are more prizes waiting for you:

• Complete 15 daily objectives to receive 7 days of Premium Time
  • Complete 20 daily objectives to receive 5 ZTQ-15 Loot Crates
  • Complete 25 daily objectives to receive 7 days of Premium Time
  • Complete 30 daily objectives to receive 10 ZTQ-15 Loot Crates
  • Complete 35 daily objectives to receive 35 ZTQ-15 Loot Crates

Now, you might be asking, what are ZTQ-15 Loot Crates? The answer is simple – these crates drop blueprint parts for the ZTQ-15 Chinese Tier 9 Premium Light Tank. This tank is a mobile, powerful vehicle and you can read more about it in our dedicated article.

If you collect all 50 crates, you will have a fairly decent chance of obtaining enough blueprints to build it.

Please note:

• This event may run concurrently with other events and is available to all players
  • You may only complete one objective per day
  • The event starts on September 13 at 3 AM CEST
  • The event ends on October 18 at 11 AM CEST

Getting 5 kills is easy, having to do that for 35 days is the harder part. I suppose not having mode-exclusive missions like the previous times is an improvement.

The other great improvement is transitioning away from the god awful web-page system, hopefully this means the reward delivery will be instant and won't get buggered.

I look forward to recording the drop rates from the ZTQ lootboxes.

Spoiler

Nice!  Given that I already log in every day to get the login bonus, I don't think it will be too difficult to actually play a game and get 5 kills.  Should be reasonably simple to complete.

Hopefully they'll also have some way to buy extra ZTQ-15 crates so that those poor souls who open all 50 crates from the event and end up at 98 parts don't burn the place down in rage.

48 minutes ago, knutliott said:

Nice!  Given that I already log in every day to get the login bonus, I don't think it will be too difficult to actually play a game and get 5 kills.  Should be reasonably simple to complete.

Hopefully they'll also have some way to buy extra ZTQ-15 crates so that those poor souls who open all 50 crates from the event and end up at 98 parts don't burn the place down in rage.

Agree - for those of us who have yet to have a Tier 9, it's nice to have a shot at the ZTQ-15 to be able to do battalion matches. If they don't let us buy crates, I hope they will let us donate crates within battalion so that somebody gets to have one.

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

I look forward to recording the drop rates from the ZTQ lootboxes.

What's the mechanism for submitting data for this analysis?

DVC, QR

50 crates, that's 35 daily objectives in 35 days, so not a single missed day, or you get...  errr 15 crates.

Ah well fair enough, I suppose. We'll see what

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

a fairly decent chance

actually shakes out to.

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

44 minutes ago, Lenticulas said:

50 crates, that's 35 daily objectives in 35 days, so not a single missed day, or you get...  errr 15 crates.

If my calculations are correct, it's actually 36 days though the last day isn't 24 hours long.  In PDT times, it starts Sept 12 at 6:00 pm PDT and ends Oct 18 at 2:00 am PDT.

Saturday Oct 17 at 6:00 pm PDT is the start of the 36th day of the event, but that day ends at 2:00 am the next morning so you'd have to log in Saturday night to use it.

So it's still best to plan to log in every day, but if you do accidentally miss 1 you're still good.  Just don't miss 2.

It will definitely be interesting to see the drop rate from the ZTQ-15 crates.  The Hunter crates dropped parts and more importantly parts of Special Crates.  That meant that every set of 10 Hunter crates guaranteed you a Special Crate, and the combined drop from those 10+1 was a minimum of 13 parts but on average more like 20.  Hunter crates always dropped a minimum of 1 part; Special Crates dropped a minimum of 3 parts.  Drops of 2-4 parts from a Hunter crate were uncommon-ish.  Drops of 4 parts from Special Crates were basically the normal drop, with 3 and 7 also being fairly reasonably common and 10 seeming to be the "rare" drop.  TL;DR it took on average 50 Hunter crates (plus the 5 Special Crates that you got from those 50 Hunter crates) to build the Hunter.  Anywhere from 40-60 was reasonably common.  Anything outside of that range was either very lucky or very unlucky.

But that's with the Special Crates.  Without those the average is probably closer to 75, which means that getting the ZTQ-15 from 50 crates will be uncommon at best.

Assuming the same drop rates.  Hopefully they'll have improved the drop rates from the basic ZTQ-15 crates if there aren't "special" ZTQ-15 crates like there have been for past crate vehicles.

Is there an active counter of some sort for this event? I don't recall participating in last year's stuff, but I believe the year before that I remember a calendar that worked like a counter to tell you, that you did the daily objective for the event.

Nevermind, I see the event tab. But it does seem like it's cutting it close where only 1 day can be missed, miss more than one and you're SOL on as many as 35 crates.

Edited by reciprocate (see edit history)

Looks like a pretty good event to me, anyway.  Nice and chill, not the hellish grind we've seen lately from the Raids and Battle Paths.  

6 hours ago, reciprocate said:

cutting it close where only 1 day can be missed,

There's 11 weekend days, if I worked that out right, so weekdays only won't get the 30 days either.

Timezones make my brain hurt, but I think

It's 12 mid-day, tomorrow 13th, GMT+1 Zone, ends Sunday 18th 20:00 (8 in the evening) GMT+1 Zone

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

Just to think, they could have set the time similar to the daily login bonus reset....

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

22 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

There's 11 weekend days, if I worked that out right, so weekdays only won't get the 30 days either.

Timezones make my brain hurt, but I think

It's 12 mid-day, tomorrow 13th, GMT+1 Zone, ends Sunday 18th 20:00 (8 in the evening) GMT+1 Zone

Take the guess work out of it matey, change it to your time zone and away you go,  https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/cest-to-aest-converter

10 hours ago, Travlla said:

Take the guess work out of it matey, change it to your time zone and away you go,  https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/cest-to-aest-converter

Cheers Trav :-) 

20 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

Well, the event has started early.....

Yeah it looks like the "day" starts at 5:00 pm PDT, not 6:00 pm PDT as announced.  (Confirmed in-game in the Event tab as well.)  Fine with me, that actually makes the event easier for me.  I can generally get a game in right at 5:00 pm PDT without disrupting the household routine, but by 6:00 pm PDT my wife is home and I have other things to do.

The problem now, is getting 5 weekend pve kills on my GF's 2nd laptop (last used during the reign of Thutmose II)

2 minutes ago, Norse_Viking said:

Already missed 1 day...

there's only BEEN one day!?!?!
:QQQQQQ:

Nice, the crates were already very welcome in my new account! Really good to see I can participate in the event as well even though I'm only at tier 4 yet. 

Go figure, the 5th Anniversary event requires you to play a match every day for over a month, and a controversial new patch drops on day 3....

Why did I get the feeling that this would happen?

On 9/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, knutliott said:

It will definitely be interesting to see the drop rate from the ZTQ-15 crates.  The Hunter crates dropped parts and more importantly parts of Special Crates.  That meant that every set of 10 Hunter crates guaranteed you a Special Crate, and the combined drop from those 10+1 was a minimum of 13 parts but on average more like 20.  Hunter crates always dropped a minimum of 1 part; Special Crates dropped a minimum of 3 parts.  Drops of 2-4 parts from a Hunter crate were uncommon-ish.  Drops of 4 parts from Special Crates were basically the normal drop, with 3 and 7 also being fairly reasonably common and 10 seeming to be the "rare" drop.  TL;DR it took on average 50 Hunter crates (plus the 5 Special Crates that you got from those 50 Hunter crates) to build the Hunter.  Anywhere from 40-60 was reasonably common.  Anything outside of that range was either very lucky or very unlucky.

But that's with the Special Crates.  Without those the average is probably closer to 75, which means that getting the ZTQ-15 from 50 crates will be uncommon at best.

Assuming the same drop rates.  Hopefully they'll have improved the drop rates from the basic ZTQ-15 crates if there aren't "special" ZTQ-15 crates like there have been for past crate vehicles.

OK, last night I received 3 crates with single ZTQ parts, one crate with 2 ZTQ parts, and 1 crate with 25 ZTQ parts. Each crate held a Special Crate part, for a total of 5 Special Crate parts for the stage.

And of course @Katsumoto received the entire vehicle upon opening the first crate... wow.

So it does appear that the drop rates might be different from the Hunter crates, and yes, there are ZTQ special crates.

DVC,  QR

4 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

OK, last night I received 3 crates with single ZTQ parts, one crate with 2 ZTQ parts, and 1 crate with 25 ZTQ parts. Each crate held a Special Crate part, for a total of 5 Special Crate parts for the stage.

I don't actually think that demonstrates an improved drop rate.  Higher drops - like 25, 50, and 99 parts - have always been possible.  They're just rare.  It's entirely possible that you just got lucky with your 25.

That said, the fact that Special Crates exist is a good sign.  It means that most people will probably be able to complete the ZTQ-15 with 50 crates.  And if the parts rate is actually improved, then it should be pretty easy provided you get all 50 crates.

Since I hadn't opened my crates yet, I went ahead and did that.

4 x parts
5 x parts
ASCOD rental
Magach 7A rental
AFT-10 rental

Each crate also contained a part of a special crate.

The rentals are stupid and I hate them.  Like I have time to waste grinding a vehicle that I don't own.  (And no, there's zero chance that a rental would ever convince me to buy a vehicle.)

Euhm, probably a noob question but how many parts are needed, or how does this work??? In game I could not find any info on it. I got x1, x2, x3, x5, x1 I think and also special parts?

You need 100 parts total to "build" the vehicle.  You need 10 parts of special crates to build a special crate.

Both "builds" are done from your inventory in the Goods section.  Find the parts where they're listed and click on the wrench to combine them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, knutliott said:

You need 100 parts total to "build" the vehicle.  You need 10 parts of special crates to build a special crate.

Both "builds" are done from your inventory in the Goods section.  Find the parts where they're listed and click on the wrench to combine them.

Thanks!