Vadim

Vadim's Weapon Sounds mod

Mod changes the sound of all the weapons in the game, except the Shilkas. This includes main guns, autocannons, machine guns and ATGMs. The ATGM sounds were taken from TobiichiOrigamis sound mod, as I was too lazy to deal with the ATGM soundfile shennanigans. and the external rotary cannon sounds were taken from Artos mod.

It also changes out the sounds for all three infantry dismounts, highly recommended with Arto's infantry dialogue mod

The sounds used come from War Thunder, Squad, DCS  and Gunner Heat PC.

Installation: just throw the three fsb files into the correct folder, if needed create them. image.png.139dac84e2dd74209d061e219dda13c0.png

You can download the mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7yAa63W7fWVxpw26f8eL3N_L8u2xCND/view?usp=sharing

The 22nd of August update brings with it some tweaks and new sounds, you can check them out in the video below.

Quick tip: This mod only changes the weapon sounds, which means, if you like the extra sounds of Voice of War, but prefer these weapon sounds, you can install Voice of War first, then this mod, overwriting the files in /weapons to get these weapon sounds, while keeping the various engine, UI etc. sounds of Voice of War.

Preview for most of the sounds in the mod, with timestamps to make it easier to click through: 

The first video is a showcase of the sounds added on the 22nd of August. The second video is older - to explain any sound differences

Engine mod mentioned in the second video:

Infantry voice lines mod:

Voice of war: 

Edited by Vadim
update + cleaning up (see edit history)
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Zafir said:

The T250 cannon and Gau-8 also retained their default sound FX. :classic_ninja:

Yeah, I tried to, but for some reason i havent gotten it to work. I might give it another go later

Don't worry I know, he's been an amazing help already while I was making this

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Zafir said:

The T250 cannon and Gau-8 also retained their default sound FX. :classic_ninja:

Now it does

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LesProux said:

What is 'KEM'?

Kinetic Energy Missile - the ones used by the MGM-166 and the AAWS-H Bradley

• Upvote 1

Alright this is mega cool, BUT, I really wish it didn't mess with other game sounds. If you have different ammo types on an autocannon (aka BMPT 2017 with AP and HE) the switch sound is gone, and it's quite useful to me as I'm switching in dead times and focusing on driving in those 2 seconds.
Also ATGMs really should be LOUDER, if you play a BMPT (again), the autocannon is so much louder than the rocket... While I do understand the concept of bullets and why they're loud, a rocket isn't silent either with all the burning and stuff.

P.S.: Google Drive/Mega.nz > Mediafire.
3 minutes to download the file isn't acceptable for 60MBs in 2022, lol.

Edited by Flavio93Zena (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Flavio93Zena said:

Alright this is mega cool, BUT, I really wish it didn't mess with other game sounds. If you have different ammo types on an autocannon (aka BMPT 2017 with AP and HE) the switch sound is gone, and it's quite useful to me as I'm switching in dead times and focusing on driving in those 2 seconds.
Also ATGMs really should be LOUDER, if you play a BMPT (again), the autocannon is so much louder than the rocket... While I do understand the concept of bullets and why they're loud, a rocket isn't silent either with all the burning and stuff.

P.S.: Google Drive/Mega.nz > Mediafire.
3 minutes to download the file isn't acceptable for 60MBs in 2022, lol.

I removed the clicking sound because it gets annoying on the STRV, the ATGM sounds aren't mine at the moment, but now that you mention it, they could use some love. I'll take a look at them later.

7 hours ago, PanzerMarmelade said:

Can you add the smoke grenade and  reload sounds that are on the Battlefield mod?

Should be sorted now, though i didnt test it. redownload the mod via the new link

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LesProux said:

Wow! This sound mod is now getting closer and closer to "Definitive Edition"! I look forward to your work in the future! Thank you!

I appreciate it man

Quick new update, i made an alternative version of the mod that also changes the Kinetic energy missile sounds. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/txgwzm0qr0tisog/alternative_KEMs.7z/file

Just replace the components.fsb from the base mod.

Sound demo: 

• Upvote 1

The new reload sounds nice, but I'm gonna miss the autoloaded version, even if it didn't make sense on some vehicles.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:39 PM, Dammit_Vadim said:

I appreciate it man

Quick new update, i made an alternative version of the mod that also changes the Kinetic energy missile sounds. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/txgwzm0qr0tisog/alternative_KEMs.7z/file

Just replace the components.fsb from the base mod.

Sound demo: 

Edited by LesProux (see edit history)

I'm genuinely really happy to hear you like my mod this much man!

I'll take a look at the reload callouts tomorrow and see if what I can do about it.

Crew sound modding in general is possible, and not particularly difficult, as fair as I am aware. However Arto has expressed it's really quite tedious, so I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go there. 

That said, you never know..

As for the engine sounds, you'll see tomorrow 

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)

Because the newer mod installation procedure takes advantage of the CryEngine file loading order with localization, updates won't be necessary UNLESS the original assets are altered significantly.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Arcticwolfbz said:

hey question , is there a sound mod when you can hear the loader say rdy or up when the next shell is loaded on MBT cannons

for that you would need to modify the crew voice lines. technically you could slap it in the reload sounds, but it would be the same yell for every reload making it really annoying