Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

In Development: Object 225

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-object-225

Today, we’d like to tell you more about a reward vehicle that’s going to be available during an upcoming event – the Object 225 MBT!

scr3

Click the image to open a larger version

In Armored Warfare, the Object 225 will be a Tier 6 Premium Main Battle Tank.

Much like other Soviet MBTs of the time, this tank will have a low silhouette and will present a small target in addition to the advantage of having lower weight than its western counterparts. However, this will come at a price – the Object 225 doesn’t feature any ERA, NERA or APS, relying instead on its frontal composite armor. In other words, the protection level of this MBT will be somewhat lower than that of some other Tier 6 MBTs such as the T-80B in its ERA configuration.

scr4

On the other hand, this MBT will offer solid acceleration, maximum speed and agility thanks to its 1000hp gas turbine engine. It will be possible to boost the mobility even further for a short time using an active ability. Of note is also the unique choice between two defensive measures – you’ll be able to pick between a smoke generator and a smoke grenade launcher.

scr5

The firepower will consist of 130mm cannon firing solid APFSDS shells, very good HEAT shells, HE shells and powerful gun-launched ATGMs. Especially the final shell type will be able to defeat most armor encountered thanks to an upgrade in the form of a guidance module improving its control and resistance to APS. But if dealing as much damage as you can is your goal, the HEAT rounds should be your primary choice.

And, last but not least, the tank will feature (thanks to its advanced optics and small size) excellent viewrange and camouflage for its class.

scr6

In summation, what we have here is a support MBT that will be the most effective at medium to long ranges due to the combination of average armor but good mobility and firepower. While not suited for being the tip of the spear (despite its class), it will excel in ambushes and in providing a steady flow of dealt damage. We hope that you will enjoy it and, as always:

Victory Day login event most likely. Must distract people from the clown show in Ukraine and the Russian military being trashed humiliatingly.

The 225 doesn't look terribly interesting, will probably be comparable to the Kpz70 in performance. I don't see it having high DPM given the general trend of high caliber/damage guns being paired with long reloads.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

It does look kinda weird, and a 130mm gun is a tad different from the 125mm. If it's the same BS level of armor as the T-72B, not having ERA isn't really a problem honestly. I'm just curious about the LFP, will it be HEAT proof? 

And yeah, probably meh DPM, considering the mobility and "excellent viewrange and camouflage for its class".

Interesting, so you think it will be a free premium tank for the upcoming event? And when do you think said event will come?

On 4/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, JintoLin said:

I would rather have them improve game mechanics than add new tanks.

true but its been 7 years, they not going to start doing that now LUL

An uninteresting event for me, and besides, I don't collect low tiers!

object225.jpg

Have a fun!

CPU: i7 3820, GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G, MONITOR: 25" Dell Alienware, Keyboard: Razer Ornata V2, Mouse: Razer Mamba Elite
AMPLIFIER: Audiolab 6000A, SPEAKERS: Canton 30GLE, HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 990

Yeah, but it's free and trivial to acquire, so why not get it?

Or rather, it was trivial to acquire.  If you haven't been making progress already it's too late and you're out of luck.

I played with it a bit in the proving grounds and I'm not impressed.  The reload just seems super long, though that will be improved by refits, crew, and commander once I actually have the tank.  Still probably won't play it much because it's Tier 6 and I just don't play Tier 6 all that often.