Azdule

Echoes of War - December Battle Bath speculation / info thread

So just to recap, this is what we know so far:

Tier 4: Shilka
Tier 8: Kristama
Tier 9: Kurganets (coin purchase)

That leaves the tier 10 and arty. I'm guessing arty will be tier 6 to fill in the gap, but this will likely mean the missions will be even more awful than last time.

Spoiler

Arty class reward brings the possibility that group of of BP missions can be dedicated to arty class (or where arty is most obvious choice but other  tier 4-9 BP vehicles are not), for example deal damage/kills from long  distance using HE and 152 mm caliber.

If such case going to be truth, players are going to be locked between rules :

- unfavorite arty class with generally inferiour kill and damage potential 

- class with PvP mode disabled

- only BP vehcile rule to complete missions (BP arty or final vehicle)

- forced grind of level 50 post-soviet dinosaur giving convenient alternative

21 minutes ago, dfnce said:

Arty class reward brings the possibility that group of of BP missions can be dedicated to arty class (or where arty is most obvious choice but other  tier 4-9 BP vehicles are not), for example deal damage/kills from long  distance using HE and 152 mm caliber.

If such case going to be truth, players are going to be locked between rules :

- unfavorite arty class with generally inferiour kill and damage potential 

- class with PvP mode disabled

- only BP vehcile rule to complete missions (BP arty or final vehicle)

- forced grind of level 50 post-soviet dinosaur giving convenient alternative

I think with the comments previously, it would appear to be following the same route as EL - in so far as only BP tanks can be used to complete the BP.  And there was hinting at deduction missions making a come back, which could be....terrible.  Fingers crossed if there are deductions, they are minor (like 1:1 ratios rather than 3 or 10x) - so for example, deal 10k in SPG, for every point of damage you take, remove 1 point of progress.  

Found this sneak peak tweet saying Object 195 will be the tier 10 reward vehicle for the upcoming BP. @Soren said it's legit so I guess I'll believe it.

IIRC Object 195 has been in the game files for quite some time, and there is an article dating way back to February 2017 saying it was originally going to be a progression vehicle. Nevertheless, those who have been tracking past articles and files would have expected this to come as a premium vehicle soon or later.

Question is how the devs will make it stand out from the existing 152mm MBTs like T-14-152 and Object 490. Maybe a autoloader clip or ready rack together with some other gimmicks?

Edited by Qbicle
Replacing article link with an archived version (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

Pics ripped from Twitter:

2AjiRoG.png

KylMYW9.png

PT97RMz.png

yymoip8.png

It does bear a lot of similarities to the T-14-152, wonder what will make it special.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

TLDR Armata 152 (stats nearly identical) without superAPS but with 30mm coax

Interesting, this could be fun and balanced assuming it runs on a magazine system like the AMX-30 and AMX-40. As long as it's not simply a full T-15 belt it should be fine.

Then again, would anybody be surprised if this end up being T-15 2.0, but with a big gun instead of missiles?

Spoiler

The old Object 195 page has now been updated.

Also this kek:

spacer.png

Anyway, the main text:

In Armored Warfare, the Object 195 will be a Tier 10 Premium Main Battle Tank.

But before we get into any details, the usual disclaimer:

The numbers below are very preliminary as the vehicle has not been properly tested. They are sure to change and should only be discussed as an indicator of how we’d like to set the vehicle up. With that being said:

All things considered, in its basic form, the Object 195 will be quite similar to the 152mm version of the Armata MBT, so if you are familiar with either the standard Armata or its Premium counterpart, you already know what to expect.

Protection-wise, it’ll be almost the same, with one exception – Object 195 will not feature the Supercharged APS ability, or, for that matter, the Afganit APS itself. Instead, it will be equipped with an older combination of Shtora-2 soft kill APS and a hard kill APS called Shtandard.

Firepower-wise, there’s of course the trusted 152mm 2A83 gun installed in an unmanned turret. However, unlike on the Armata, there’s also a 30mm autocannon available with its own complement of shells. What that means is that you can switch between 152mm shots to your autocannon in order to do some extra damage, or that you don’t have to waste your precious main gun shells on some very light targets. The guns can elevate to +14 degrees and depress to -7 degrees. The rate of fire, accuracy and other similar values will be the same as on the 152mm Armata. The 152mm gun fires APFSDS and HE shells, the 30mm autocannon fires APDS shells only.

The same more or less goes for the tank’s mobility. Its 57 tons are propelled forward by a 1500hp diesel engine, allowing it to go as fast as 70 km/h.

Last but not least, the vehicle will be available with three active abilities to choose from:

• Rapid Fire
  • Override
  • Top Speed

We hope that you will enjoy this long-awaited Main Battle Tank and, as always:

See you on the battlefield!

aMcZOFg.png

On 11/14/2020 at 8:55 AM, Silentstalker said:

TLDR Armata 152 (stats nearly identical) without superAPS but with 30mm coax

I may be the only person, but I like this.

Super APS isn't as useful in PvE where you're facing overwhelming odds, but a 30mm coax sure will be!

So latest update from SS - SPG will be tier 9.  Also the grind will be more....

unknown.png

Now come the questions over how much 'harder' it will be.  I fear they'll increase the grind by 10% but not increase the rewards.  This means that 2 hour booster won't get you 1 level every time.  It make require a fair amount of cheesing the frick out of it if it's harder.  EL was around the limit for me to be able to play and actually get the rewards without detriment to my personal health of being sat in front of my PC all waking hours of the day.

To reflect that, the progression cost per level above Level 10 will increase slightly from 4.000 to 4.500 Battle Coins.

fine

Chains are now class-based (one requires Tier 3-10 MBTs, one requires Tier 3-10 AFVs and one requires Tier 3-10 TDs or SPGs)

SPG ? nice

The final, Elite chain consists of 5 missions, each dropping blueprints of the Kurganets-25 Tier 9 Premium TD

Question how many parts, because "not a lootbox" shop also sells parts - it has to make some money too.

On the other hand, they do give you the opportunity to obtain items as:

Kurganets-25 parts
Credits
Boosters
Premium Time
Premium vehicles (including Tier 10 ones and those from the previous Battle Paths)
Commanders (including Ophelia Kitescu and Alisa Korhonen)

Well well 

As well as bonus Battle Coins (which can then be used for rerolls). The Kurganets-25 TD can be assembled using the parts you purchase in the Shop.

So you do rerolls which give you a chance to get parts, nice.

Blarg, big post.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-echoes-war

One of the main features of Update 0.34 will be the new Echoes of War apocalypse-themed Battle Path and today we’d like to tell you more about it.

Mechanics-wise, the Echoes of War Battle Path will be similar to Enigma’s Legacy with the principles being roughly the same. Once you acquire access to the campaign (the price remains the same), you’ll be earning Battle Coins and spending them on Battle Path progress. Battle Coins will be earned either by just playing or by completing missions. Four mission sets along with repeatable daily Battle Coin Missions and Challenges will be available like the last time.

Completing all three mission sets will unlock the fourth, ultimate mission set. Once again, the campaign will feature several Premium vehicles available as a part of the campaign’s basic level progress. However, this is where things started to differ from the previous Battle Paths.

The prize vehicles obtainable via Battle Path levels will be:

Reward Vehicles (Click to Open)

As you can see, the initial vehicle will no longer be obtainable merely for unlocking the Battle Path, but on the bright side, the vehicles featured in this Battle Path are mostly high-Tier Premium ones, significantly increasing the total value of the prizes obtainable. To reflect that, the progression cost per level above Level 10 will increase slightly from 4.000 to 4.500 Battle Coins.

Another change compared to the previous one is that while each of these Battle Path vehicles do comes with a special apocalypse-themed skin called Vagabond, these will now be obtainable via standard level progression alongside the tanks instead of being locked behind various Missions. That way, they will become easily obtainable.

vagabond

Vagabond Shilka (Work in Progress)

Let’s talk about the Mission Chains because those underwent a lot of changes as well. For one, like we mentioned above, Missions will no longer award skins. Instead, the top prize for each chain will be a special Battle Path camouflage called Biohazard (one environment per chain). As for the missions themselves:

• We have removed the unpopular support-based and kill-based missions, leaving damage only
  • Missions no longer require Battle Path vehicles to participate in them
  • Each chain was reduced to 6 missions
  • Chains are now class-based (one requires Tier 3-10 MBTs, one requires Tier 3-10 AFVs and one requires Tier 3-10 TDs or SPGs)
  • The final, Elite chain consists of 5 missions, each dropping blueprints of the Kurganets-25 Tier 9 Premium TD

This vehicle brings us to the final and the most radical innovation of the Battle Path. In the earlier Battle Path iterations, we always had one vehicle reserved for Battle Path Loot Crates. Players had to buy these Loot Crates for Battle Coins and gradually assemble the vehicle.

camo3

Biohazard Camouflage, Forest

This Battle Path, we are removing these Loot Crates altogether. Instead, we’ll have a brand new Battle Path section called Shop.

camo

Biohazard Camouflage, Desert

The Shop is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – a page where you can choose one of five items available and purchase them directly for Battle Coins. The items on offer are periodically renewed so every single offer set is available for a limited time only. Additionally, a manual re-roll will be available for 300 Battle Coins.

camo2

Biohazard Camouflage, Winter

On the other hand, they do give you the opportunity to obtain items as:

• Kurganets-25 parts
  • Credits
  • Boosters
  • Premium Time
  • Premium vehicles (including Tier 10 ones and those from the previous Battle Paths)
  • Commanders (including Ophelia Kitescu and Alisa Korhonen)

As well as bonus Battle Coins (which can then be used for rerolls). The Kurganets-25 TD can be assembled using the parts you purchase in the Shop.

screen1

Kurganets-25

The Workshop will also be making a comeback, allowing you to further improve your prize vehicles by completing Battle Path missions or Challenges. You can also use the Workshop to upgrade the older Last Patriot and Enigma's Legacy Battle Path vehicles.

Other than that, the mechanics will remain the same, as will the entry price. Apart from the abovementioned Premium vehicles, the Battle Path levels will contain other rewards such as Battle Coin boosters, decals, Gold, boosters and much more. Of particular note is the avatar that you can get early on, but it gradually changes its appearance based on your progression. The existing mechanics will be described in detail in the FAQ section upon the Battle Path’s launch.

We hope that you will enjoy this Battle Path that is due to launch at the beginning of December and, as always:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Additionally, a manual re-roll will be available for 300 Battle Coins.

I'm not quite sure what this means.  Does this mean that the Shop has a random selection of goods that you can buy, and those 5 items automatically "re-roll" periodically, but that for 300 Battle Coins you can force those 5 items to re-roll at any time?  Note that 300 BC is a not insignificant cost - that's 12-15 missions playing PvE.

In some ways this is a good thing, but I do have a major concern if the above is accurate.  If the re-rolls are random, and there's one last item that you want to buy, you might have a really difficult time getting it to show up in the shop if you have to rely on random re-rolls.

TL;DR - random rewards are bad.

Question - does the Biohazard camo work with base paint?  I can't tell from the pictures.  I really hope so, otherwise all those base paints we've acquired are less useful.

Some strategy to get all BP vehicles with reasonable cost will be not spending coins on unlocking levels up to 50 asap, instead collect big pile of coins to purchase Kurganets parts offerings regularly.

My hypothesis is that there will be "lucky offers" of large part volumes of Kurganets, available to purchase at once (for example 100 parts for 75K coins), which will use "limited offer" motive to push consumer to buy these parts for gold/money asap. On another side we may see that most of part offerings will allow to buy them at slow rate, they should be purchased regularly, and the design forces you to track shop content within all 3 months of BP (providing you don't waste coins for hundreds of re-rolls to get your Kurganets day one).

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

Yeah, at my rate of play I've found that I never want to spend coins early just to progress.  Get as far as you have to in order to unlock the easy stuff, but then just stop spending.  There's nothing useful in the intermediate levels, so until you have all the coins you need to go directly to level 40 this time you should just hang onto them.  That way if something interesting pops up for a limited time, you have the BC on hand to buy it.

It normally takes me at least 2 months to get the coins for level 50, and it could take 3 months depending on how much time I have to play.  I'm in no rush, I just want to get all of the prizes by the end of the event.

5 hours ago, Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks said:

Are you is anyone thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?

I think so Brain, but where are we going to get rubber pants in our size?

Haha TD arty go brrrrrrrr