Azdule

Echoes of War - December Battle Bath speculation / info thread

10 hours ago, Haswell said:

So far the Kurganets, unknown arty and Shika confirmed. The BP will be full of RU memes.

Meme? Arty viable in pvp mode? Mortar carrier Nona comes to mind.

Doubtful. SS said there won't be mortar carriers in one of the Q&As, but that was months ago.

Spoiler

Gt1O1jF.gif

I guess it will have radar, that means no infantry or designate target. Which most likely means TD.

I question the usefulness of the Kristama (name is too long and hard to remember), my impression right now is that it's simply a Stalker without the dakka, and the Stalker is already pretty useless right now. Adding to the fact that missile noise is awful in the current game, a missile boat sounds pretty unappealing.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, MaxSimBT said:

т-72, т-80 , т-90... Because they're boring.

boring everyday became a tad more fun.

tmplNuf9_.jpeg

unnamed.jpg

At least on this one we know where to aim to start a fire, even if they delete the fuel tank.  Hope the articulation is flexible enough to prevent getting stuck inside the refineries.... otherwise we will need tank recovery vehicles as a new class.

QR

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

I guess it will have radar, that means no infantry or designate target. Which most likely means TD.

I question the usefulness of the Kristama (name is too long and hard to remember), my impression right now is that it's simply a Stalker without the dakka, and the Stalker is already pretty useless right now. Adding to the fact that missile noise is awful in the current game, a missile boat sounds pretty unappealing.

Plus active radar will degrade its camo rating. Hard to believe it will survive at Tier 8. Might be an OK Tier 6/7 if the reload times are like the Stalker.

QR

17 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Don't forget the AMX-DCA as another dakka wannabe, in the right hands.

The DCA is probably a better comparison since the York actually has usable armor.

So maybe up the RoF to ~700 (my DCA is at 510 as currently equipped) but drop the damage to 22-23 and give it around 100 pen like MK said.  I said before that I thought 20 damage sounded too high, but I was thinking even higher RoF than this when I said that.  My DCA has ~16k sustained damage at Tier 5... these numbers would give the Shilka ~12k sustained damage at Tier 4.  If it then also had the clips as I suggested above it'd be pretty cool and unique.

The 9P157-2 "Khrizantema-S" seems interesting, if not particularly effective in the current game environment. The interesting thing about the AT-15s (9M123) that the Khrizantema gets is that, compared to Kornet (AT-14, 9M133), they're faster (400 m/s vs 250-320 m/s) and have a bigger warhead (8 kg vs 4.6 kg). Not sure if this will be represented in-game though.

As for the Shilka, I'm thinking that if the devs give it the full 4k RPM burst RoF they might end up giving it the "weight of shot bleed-though" mechanic that rotary cannons have, but replace the spin-up and cooling mechanics with the 200 round belts. In this case, the 100mm pen that I previously guessed might be a bit high considering that the T249 gets 150mm at tier 9. Additionally, the damage per shot and the reload time for the belts would need to be sufficiently poor to prevent the Shilka from getting the near-constant face-melting DPM that the other low-tier dakkas have (if 12k sustained DPM is the target, I'd suggest 15 damage per shot for a 3k damage burst in 3 seconds with a 12 second clip reload).

2 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

As for the Shilka, I'm thinking that if the devs give it the full 4k RPM burst RoF

They won't.  The Sgt York only has low-mid 400s in AW vs 3,000 in real life in AA mode (and the DCA has low 500s in AW vs 1300 in real life).  My guess would put the Shilka somewhere in the 600-800 RPM range depending on other factors like pen and damage.

The T-249 and M48 GAU8 have RPM a little under 4k and a little under 5k RPM respectively in AW, but those are gatling guns.

2 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

In this case, the 100mm pen that I previously guessed might be a bit high considering that the T249 gets 150mm at tier 9.

100mm is actually not too far off using AW's alleged 10% improvement per tier calculation.  Working backwards, 150mm at Tier 9 would be ~93mm at Tier 4.  But the T249 is 37mm vs the Shilka's 23mm so maybe 80 or 85 would be more appropriate for the Shilka.

Going through some of this, I just keep in that December 10th, the new DLC for MW5 comes out.  I know where I'll be at on December 11th.

Now there is a new battle path with "MOAR DAKKA DAKKA".  A Shilka (to be honest I'm surprised that it wasn't one of the first tanks ever added to the game), a modified BMP-3 (now with MORE MISSILES!), a mini-me version of the T-15, and then something else with a 152mm in the form a huge Russian MBT?  Something I enjoyed getting 033'd from the previous battle path makes it really hard to want to be excited about this new battle path.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

8 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

Going through some of this, I just keep in that December 10th, the new DLC for MW5 comes out.  I know where I'll be at on December 11th.

Now there is a new battle path with "MOAR DAKKA DAKKA".  A Shilka (to be honest I'm surprised that it wasn't one of the first tanks ever added to the game), a modified BMP-3 (now with MORE MISSILES!), a mini-me version of the T-15, and then something else with a 152mm in the form a huge Russian MBT?  Something I enjoyed getting 033'd from the previous battle path makes it really hard to want to be excited about this new battle path.

Speaking of Dec 10, Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be released that date, oh well possibly. 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

12 hours ago, knutliott said:

They won't.  The Sgt York only has low-mid 400s in AW vs 3,000 in real life in AA mode (and the DCA has low 500s in AW vs 1300 in real life).  My guess would put the Shilka somewhere in the 600-800 RPM range depending on other factors like pen and damage.

SS confirmed that it'll have around 3400rpm so not sure what they decide on how it fires, I'm imagining rapid fire like terms / ADGS?

image.png.069f32f23acfa3202c18fa9136b045b4.png

Just a note on "this is already modeled" things like Object 195 and the other old vehicle models that got leaked ages ago (there was Object 172M-2 IIRC, XM723 etc.)

These vehicles have generally bad models and have to be overhauled from scratch, which is pretty much like making a new model from scratch. Their chance of appearance is therefore the same as for any other vehicle. Sometimes actually lower, because they already got leaked and the surprise was therefore kinda spoiled (we have like 10 such models that we are certain will not appear in 2020/2021 for example, IIRC all 2021 vehicles will be new). In some cases, using older models as a basis does represent some savings but more often it does not.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Silentstalker said:

Just a note on "this is already modeled" things like Object 195 and the other old vehicle models that got leaked ages ago (there was Object 172M-2 IIRC, XM723 etc.)

These vehicles have generally bad models and have to be overhauled from scratch, which is pretty much like making a new model from scratch. Their chance of appearance is therefore the same as for any other vehicle. Sometimes actually lower, because they already got leaked and the surprise was therefore kinda spoiled (we have like 10 such models that we are certain will not appear in 2020/2021 for example, IIRC all 2021 vehicles will be new). In some cases, using older models as a basis does represent some savings but more often it does not.

True...

But I'm like 75% sure this will be a 152mm Russian MBT top tier reward tank and will have some niche to it

MBT as top reward again? I'd rather have a squishie for a change. But those do not attract as many people probably.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

6 hours ago, Azdule said:

SS confirmed that it'll have around 3400rpm so not sure what they decide on how it fires, I'm imagining rapid fire like terms / ADGS?

image.png.069f32f23acfa3202c18fa9136b045b4.png

Interesting.  With that rate of fire it's going to need much lower damage.  People whine about the Sgt York with ~425 RPM and 50 damage.  This is 8 x the RPM!

Consider that even if this only does coaxial MG levels of 8-10 damage but with 85-100 pen, that's probably still over 20k sustained damage.  At Tier 4.  Even factoring in some non-pen shots for the gun's presumed low pen that's still probably 1350 damage from a 200-round clip in 3.5 seconds.  ~1800 if every shot pens.

Yay, maximum dakka confirmed for the Shilka! :dwi:

It will be interesting to see how they dicide to balance it for tier 4. Are they going to go with higher burst damage (15-20 damage per shot) and give the clip a longer reload, or are they just going to give it less burst damage (~10 damage per shot) with a shorter reload on the clip?

I'm leaning towards wanting the high clip damage with longer reload for the instant death memes.

12 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

Yay, maximum dakka confirmed for the Shilka! :dwi:

It will be interesting to see how they dicide to balance it for tier 4. Are they going to go with higher burst damage (15-20 damage per shot) and give the clip a longer reload, or are they just going to give it less burst damage (~10 damage per shot) with a shorter reload on the clip?

I'm leaning towards wanting the high clip damage with longer reload for the instant death memes.

Gatling mechanics with overheat mostly.

Also PELE :)

2 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

...So this will be a PELE Gau?  I mean....Find it's counter in PvP & Profit, or else it'll rip through everything!  Remember a tier 5 York can full pen tier 10 MBT's on the side from ANY distance...

On 11/5/2020 at 7:24 AM, Silentstalker said:

Also, being "OP" doesn't matter in PVE.

I respectfully disagree, after playing several matches in M113 ACAV with MM teaming me with *two* Yorks. I fought for the scraps, but the MBTs might as well take a nice Sunday drive around the battlefield sniping secondaries. 

QR

8 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

That sounds ridiculously fun... and ridiculously OP.  I'm torn.

19 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

Well, only two left. One's artillery, the other the final prize.

Mmm...so 4 tanks from the chain and 1 purchase?  Or is it a case that the final prize is a rank 50 / chain 4 reward rather than skins?

Interesting take for an SPG being one of them given the limited game modes they can be played in