Edit History

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

6 hours ago, dfnce said:

For tier 10 if it has to be  MBT - easily another prototype from 80-90, like even 195. Unlikely AW but it could a surprise in very positive way if they roll T90M.

3 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

what about that experimental T-80 equipped with a 152mm gun Object 292? 

I'd be a bit cautious about adding a lot of 152mm Soviet concept/testbed tanks as premium or reward vehicles, but only because there are actually enough of them that the devs could make an entire progression side-branch of Soviet/Russian MBTs with 152mm guns and I'd rather see the tanks released as part of a comprehensive upgrade path rather than a bunch of premiums. To give an example, if you wanted to focus on bigger guns and more mobility...

• Tier 6: T-64BV/BM/BVM coming from T-64A 1976, featuring Kobra gun-launched ATGMs and either Kontact-1 ERA (T-64BV), a 1000 hp 6TDF engine (T-64BM) or both (T-64BVM)
  • Tier 7: Obj 292 coming from T-64BV/BM/BVM, a modified T-80B hull fitted with a new turret and an experimental 152mm smoothbore gun
  • Tier 8: Obj 292A coming from Obj 292 and T-80U, hypothetical upgrade to Obj 292 using a T-80U hull and additional turret protection
  • Tier 9-10: Obj 195 and Obj 477 (and possibly one of the more conventional Obj 490 concepts) seem to be good candidates for the end of  a new "big-gun" MBT branch, but I'm not sure which vehicle would be best at which tier, more (possibly unreliable) information on them can be found in this external forum thread

There are plenty of Obj XXX vehicles that the Soviets built and tested but didn't introduce for various reasons (usually cost) that would be excellent candidates for high-tier progression, premium or reward vehicles, but I'd really like to see some (not all, the devs still need to make money) of them added as progression vehicles that F2P players can get their hands on.

For those of you wondering what the Obj 490/477 program gave us:
jvNVW7m.jpg

The final prototype/concept/mock-up (Obj 490B) is the one we have in-game as the Obj 490

Edit: Also, supposedly there has been an Obj 195 model in-game for over a year, so there's that...

hsmaGwc.jpg

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

6 hours ago, dfnce said:

For tier 10 if it has to be  MBT - easily another prototype from 80-90, like even 195. Unlikely AW but it could a surprise in very positive way if they roll T90M.

I'd be a bit cautious about adding a lot of 152mm Soviet concept/testbed tanks as premium or reward vehicles, but only because there are actually enough of them that the devs could make an entire progression side-branch of Soviet/Russian MBTs with 152mm guns and I'd rather see the tanks released as part of a comprehensive upgrade path rather than a bunch of premiums. To give an example, if you wanted to focus on bigger guns and more mobility...

• Tier 6: T-64BV/BM/BVM coming from T-64A 1976, featuring Kobra gun-launched ATGMs and either Kontact-1 ERA (T-64BV), a 1000 hp 6TDF engine (T-64BM) or both (T-64BVM)
  • Tier 7: Obj 292 coming from T-64BV/BM/BVM, a modified T-80B hull fitted with a new turret and an experimental 152mm smoothbore gun
  • Tier 8: Obj 292A coming from Obj 292 and T-80U, hypothetical upgrade to Obj 292 using a T-80U hull and additional turret protection
  • Tier 9-10: Obj 195 and Obj 477 (and possibly one of the more conventional Obj 490 concepts) seem to be good candidates for the end of  a new "big-gun" MBT branch, but I'm not sure which vehicle would be best at which tier, more (possibly unreliable) information on them can be found in this external forum thread

There are plenty of Obj XXX vehicles that the Soviets built and tested but didn't introduce for various reasons (usually cost) that would be excellent candidates for high-tier progression, premium or reward vehicles, but I'd really like to see some (not all, the devs still need to make money) of them added as progression vehicles that F2P players can get their hands on.

jvNVW7m.jpg

The final prototype/concept/mock-up (Obj 490B) is the one we have in-game as the Obj 490

Edit: supposedly, there has been an Obj 195 model in-game for over a year, so there's that...

hsmaGwc.jpg

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

6 hours ago, dfnce said:

jvNVW7m.jpg

The final prototype/concept/mock-up is the one we have in-game as the Obj 490

Edit: supposedly, there has been an Obj 195 model in-game for over a year, so there's that...

hsmaGwc.jpg

MK_Regular

MK_Regular

5 hours ago, dfnce said:

2 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

jvNVW7m.jpg

The final prototype/concept/mock-up is the one we have in-game as the Obj 490