Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

2020-2021 roadmap thing

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/armored-warfare-future-plans

With the Raid event underway and October nearly over, we’d like to tell you more about the future of Armored Warfare in the remaining months of 2020 and, of course, in 2021.

scr2

Click the image to open a larger version

It’s been a very long season with Spirithaven – in fact, it launched eight months ago and it’s still not over. We do have more content, celebrations and bonuses coming to you in November, including:

• Russia Unity Day with an amazing skin
  • Polish Independence Day with a great-looking skin, camouflage and more
  • Black Friday with more skins, sales and other content

The Raid event will of course but the crowning jewel will be the launch of a new season in late November or early December. This new season will be post-apocalypse-themed and will therefore receive a fitting and original name: “Apocalypse.”

scr3

The first major piece of content for this season will be the first of a new series of Special Operations, taking place in the now post-apocalyptic world of Armored Warfare. Following the supervolcano explosion in Spirithaven and the race for shelter during the Enigma’s Legacy Battle Path, you will be thrown into an unforgiving world where every vehicle becomes irreplaceable and every round of ammunition counts.

scr4

In mid-December, relatively shortly after the launch of Update 0.34, a new post-apocalyptic-themed Battle Path campaign will also start. This Battle Path will bear the name “Echoes of War” and will bring another set of amazing vehicles, the first of which we will unveil in the near future. The campaign will mostly follow the mechanics of Enigma’s Legacy with some tweaks and improvements and will last for the usual three months or so.

kurga

However, the Apocalypse season will not end with it. We have decided to generally detach seasons from specific updates and make them longer, much like Spirithaven was, allowing us to focus on the mood of the update and to make our end of the world scenario fun.

But what can you expect in it or in 2021 in general? Plenty of things!

• New features such as the upcoming inclusion of wheeled vehicles in AI vehicle pool
  • Plenty of new player vehicles of all classes (yes, including artillery)
  • New PvE missions both in Special Operation and standard PvE format
  • New PvP content, including another new map
  • New Battalion content
  • Many, many new events, raids, bonuses and celebrations with epic skins, camouflages, avatars and more!

We are happy to say that 2021 will be jam-packed with action and will do our utmost to keep you entertained all year long. Stay tuned for more news about the content coming in the near future and, as always:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Haswell said:

The first major piece of content for this season will be the first of a new series of Special Operations,

Very well. This is main thing which can keep PvE players interest to be here.

Finally we get to see new specops. I hope next specops doesn't involve shooting turrets for days with no rewards like current one.

The screenshots look nice :sealofapproval:

BP already in December. Hope for some more updates on this in the future like rewards and such.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Uh oh BP in December. I seriously do hope this one will be less grindy... Otherwise, this will be "fun"

I really wonder why people aren't pushed away yet by all these grindy timed events...

Edited by itzjustrick (see edit history)

Some reactions:

1. As a newer player who started during Sprithaven, how long did seasons last previously?  Will the Spirithaven missions get added to the weekend rotation of PVE maps?

2. When "every vehicle becomes irreplaceable" , will we still get respawns in PvE???  And will the "Q" key still give us a reload if every round of ammo counts?

3. Likewise, if a player goes AFK or gets blown up, is the whole mission doomed?  I think this is what distinguishes Heroics from non-heroic SpecOps... might be hard for casual players.

4. If the Apocalypse comes in late November, it means we might have about a month to finish the Spirithaven contracts. This might influence how much gold one might want to put towards the next crate to finish it (more gold if you are close, no gold if you are far away from finishing).

5. For those of us with limited awareness of global events, Russia Unity Day = ~4 November, Polish Independence day = ~11 November, Black Friday (after US Thanksgiving) = 27 November.

6. I hope new BP doesn't require BP tanks to complete BP missions.

7. Update 0.34... I wonder if this will bring a low-tier rebalance... hmmm.

Definitely interested to see how all of this becomes manifest.

QR

31 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

I hope new BP doesn't require BP tanks to complete BP missions.

It was criticized by many for being so repetitive, but previously it wasn't that good for new players either. Some missions could be done best in 490, CATTB (or AFT-10) in time of their apex.

Another example - so called "high caliber" missions you would need either premium MBT70 or one specific tier 10 non-prem (like XM1A3, AX etc). I think it is not "forced" BP tanks are to blame, but very similar and repetitive missions. And here is another explanation, devs choose dull and simple rules to avoid difficulties for themselves - when these missions were unique many players experienced as much issues in BP as number of missions, in addition different vehicles could interact differently to mission objectives.

4 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

1. As a newer player who started during Sprithaven, how long did seasons last previously?

Each "season" lasted roughly 6 months before SH, give or take a month or two.

4. If the Apocalypse comes in late November, it means we might have about a month to finish the Spirithaven contracts. This might influence how much gold one might want to put towards the next crate to finish it (more gold if you are close, no gold if you are far away from finishing).

I doubt the Stalker will go away this soon, I'm guessing you have until February or March to get it done. Probably until the end of the BP.

6. I hope new BP doesn't require BP tanks to complete BP missions.

Don't count on it. The last BP having specific vehicle requirements was a planned marketing move to promote the new vehicles, even if the execution was horribly grindy. Maybe this time they won't make it so grindy?

Spoiler

Given the vagueness of the marketing for this new content. Based on the previous realities of the last couple rounds of marketing promises turning into actual content that is "meh" at best. I am worried about this next "shoe" that will be dropping later this year.

Edited by JintoLin (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Haswell said:

Don't count on it. The last BP having specific vehicle requirements was a planned marketing move to promote the new vehicles, even if the execution was horribly grindy. Maybe this time they won't make it so grindy?

I suspect that this BP will be around 10% more grind than last time.  My worry is, Devs will see how much money they make and make it that much harder to complete than last time.  Plus with all the BP boosters you get, it means doing them more means you have more ability to grind so can 'afford' to grind more.  The one thing they don't take into account is time...While They keep increasing the levels it'll require, they keep the length around the same until 1 day you need be Eskobar on a top 100 event - play 18 hours a day, every day for the duration to get the top rewards

18 minutes ago, Azdule said:

I suspect that this BP will be around 10% more grind than last time.  My worry is, Devs will see how much money they make and make it that much harder to complete than last time.  Plus with all the BP boosters you get, it means doing them more means you have more ability to grind so can 'afford' to grind more.  The one thing they don't take into account is time...While They keep increasing the levels it'll require, they keep the length around the same until 1 day you need be Eskobar on a top 100 event - play 18 hours a day, every day for the duration to get the top rewards

The requirements/mechanics should be identical to EL with one exception - the boxes are going away, there will be a normal BC shop instead

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Silentstalker said:

The requirements/mechanics should be identical to EL with one exception - the boxes are going away, there will be a normal BC shop instead

Wait....Are you saying no hunter style loot boxes?

Just now, Silentstalker said:

Yep.

Huh....so that's different.  Is it because there will be only the mission tanks and no gamble ones, or is the gamble one being replaced by straight out purchase option?

Just now, Azdule said:

Huh....so that's different.  Is it because there will be only the mission tanks and no gamble ones, or is the gamble one being replaced by straight out purchase option?

The latter.

58 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

I'm glad to hear lootboxes are going away, but part of me is also worried that the prices will be comparatively higher than the cost of number of boxes required on average to get enough parts (or get lucky). The EL boxes had a rate of 12500 coins for 10+1 boxes, assuming an average of 2 parts per box it cost 50+5 boxes (62.5k coins) for the Hunter. I'm pessimistically estimating 70-80k coins for the Kurganets.

Nevertheless, the lack of gambling mechanics is well worth the price increase. No more "maybe" or "almost" getting the reward, you either get it or you don't and there won't be luck involved.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Good to hear that loot boxes are not long for this world. I don't like and will not support gambling in games. Just put you wares out there with a price on it. If I want that item and I find the price reasonable I will buy, if not I will move on.

Removing gambling by any forms is a welcome change. Even if they jacked the price to acquire the Kurganets-25 to say near 100k coins, I'd still (just me, plz don't go this high) consider it a better tradeoff than spending more than 100k coins of lootboxes for it. 

It'll be interesting to see the prices of how much the Battle Path reward vehicles/tanks will cost.

If the spirit behind 0.33 (and 0.34) is to make the game more fair and balanced, removing lootboxes is also a step in the correct direction. That way, everyone pays the same price for the same reward. I think a key frustration with the lootboxes is that someone might spend $$$$ for the same reward that another (more fortunate) player might spend $$ or $ for.

And it's OK to have cheeses or discounts, as long as folks have an equal opportunity to have them.

DVC,  QR

It could also be due to the fact that several countries are actually treating look boxes as gambling and forcing changes on the games that have them.

2 hours ago, JintoLin said:

It could also be due to the fact that several countries are actually treating look boxes as gambling and forcing changes on the games that have them.

Could be that - also SS hasn't said ALL loot boxes are going away, only this BP's ones.  

11 hours ago, JintoLin said:

When you get stuff like this, it makes it hard to not want to call them what they are:

1695979055_smiley1plus1000gold.jpg.fa01edac96e7608feb68f9be10ec1f31.jpg

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

On 11/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, JintoLin said:

That's why there is a text "This offer not available to players in Belgium and Netherlands" whenever there's a new gambling offer on AW page. Kinda hoping rest of the world will follow their example and, if not ban gambling mechanics in video games, then at least make those games 18+.

But who am I kidding, with shit like FIFA and NBA going full gambling, no one will have the balls (heh) to do that.

Edited by Schlock (see edit history)