Haswell

AT infantry nerf soon

[03/02 17:09:31] 18<WoTLabsIRC18> <Q bicle> Apparently AT squads will receive "a small nerf" according to AW discord server
[03/02 17:19:09] 18<WoTLabsIRC18> <Q bicle> ```- Their viewrange and camo factor was slightly reduced
[03/02 17:19:09] 18<WoTLabsIRC18> <Q bicle> - They can't fire beyond their own viewrange anymore
[03/02 17:19:09] 18<WoTLabsIRC18> <Q bicle> - They lose more camo when firing
[03/02 17:19:09] 18<WoTLabsIRC18> <Q bicle> - Tier 3-5 AT squad accuracy also somewhat reduced```

More than warranted IMO, but depending on execution they might end up completely useless.

Would be nice if they let people know the actual stats of infantry, like view range and damage.

Spoiler

I think limiting the AT infantry to firing only within their own view range, and then also nerfing that view range, might be too much.  However, we'll have to see how much they nerf their view range by, if at all.  Limiting them to firing within the render range limit would have been enough imo.

Was the infantry not nerfed a little while ago? Mortar range was dropped alot, before it fired all over the map.

I think there is a post on the changes on the AW site some time ago

7 hours ago, SgtPimpek said:

Was the infantry not nerfed a little while ago? Mortar range was dropped alot, before it fired all over the map.

I think there is a post on the changes on the AW site some time ago

The mortar was the only one that got nerfed iirc. While the sniper got the 10 second laser designation every 60 seconds, and high-tier AT squads got a penetration buff, the mortar got a massive range decrease and a 2 second aim time when engaging new targets.

About time AT infantry got a tweak, it's beyond annoying, and greatly punishes lights and scouts actually trying to play the game.

since at infantry was introduced MBT are abandonned in PVP and gameplay has changed for a static battle . very poor gameplay .

21 minutes ago, iceT974 said:

since at infantry was introduced MBT are abandonned in PVP and gameplay has changed for a static battle . very poor gameplay .

That has been said many times about all sorts of changes, PvP has more often than not been static camping long before the infantry was introduced particularly with MBT's - blamed on massed auto cannons (which at one point decimated MBT's frontally without being spotted), Artillery, ATGM vehicles, supper spotters, Wilk with its PELE - you cant blame infantry for how people play PvP.

Well I find it most annoying when killed by the AT teams  or mortars, but love it like hell when the enemy is killed by it :D

No MBT seems to make a halt and scout more , at least I do

Unfortunately, it looks like they went a bit overboard. I can't say they're totally useless now, they're situationally still potentially useful. But generally, even low-vision enemies can spot them now before they fire. Bots with autocannon, particularly, will wipe out your whole squad from entirely out of their range. 

I've changed over to caring the sniper exclusively now, AT infantry is far less useful now than it was even at introduction when they thought it was underperforming pretty badly.