Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Russian Invasion in Ukraine

This has been a difficult few days for everybody, to absorb the news that the largest military conflict in Europe since World War 2 is unfolding in real-time inside the free nation of Ukraine, as the Russian military continues its invasion with no signs of pause.

I would like to remind everyone that political discussions ARE allowed at ArmoredLabs regardless of which side you support. You can support Russia all you want (but I will be sad), provided that the discussions remain civil and don't devolve into insults and misinformation. There will of course be rumors everywhere, but efforts to try and identify correct information should still be exercised.

I do not speak for every user here, but I and the ArmoredLabs staff condemns the Russian government and military for this unprovoked attack on the neighbouring Ukraine. Keep in mind that it is Putin, the Russian government and military that deserve all the hatred right now, NOT the Russian people who may not even support the ongoing events.

If you are wondering what else you can do outside of reading the constant stream of news, you can donate to the Red Cross to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine right now. https://www.icrc.org/en/donate/ukraine

If you are playing Armored Warfare, you can also fly the flag of Ukraine as your banner or decal to show your support. DO NOT TROLL, GRIEF, OR OTHERWISE ANTAGONIZE OTHER PLAYERS IN THE GAME, it's pointless to argue politics in the game itself.

In the mean time, this thread can be used for discussion.

Stay safe Ukraine.

TP2HFJ63ARPQTHFYUYFAAQZXWQ.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Spoiler

damn, at least there is no need to talk about politics here ... people want to relax in games, moving away from the gloomy reality. and you offer to additionally aggro some inadequate russian players in AW, hanging ukrainian flags. I was frankly prevented from playing last week because of my ua nickname, and now such steps will provoke even more inadequacies. A flag or shouts in a chat, hashtags will not help the suffering civilians in any way, they are neither cold nor hot from this.

It's better to just donate to the Red Cross only.

I think the boycott is the right way to show Russians what we think about Russia's actions.

I don't believe that putin, russian duma and russian government aren't representative for the majority of the Russian people.

All of them were elected by russians, even if not so unanimously as they claim. Like Erdogan in Turkey, they are representative for the will of most of the people...

So please refrain yourself, if you can, to use or buy any product that can feed the more and more hungry russian Hydra.

We can relax in many other games and use many other products than russian ones.

This is my humble opinion...

Long time player and lurker here.

Haswell, thanks for making this post, it has helped me resolve my own feelings about playing.

Have decided to put Ukrainian flag on all my tanks and admonish Russians in chat. It's not much but, it's the least I can do plus I have a little gold left and the servers will probably close soon.

I don't do Discord; has Silentstalker said anything about the invasion?

Also, when i sent in a ticket after getting griefed by a russian player, it needed "further investigation". Funny, previous griefing tickets were handled in the usual manner...... Russian bias much?

On 2/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, Serpent said:

I don't believe that putin, russian duma and russian government aren't representative for the majority of the Russian people.

Might be, but the AW players base seem to harbor quiet some hateful people. Lots of “Z” spamming, together with pro war propaganda and threats like “eurogay u r next”, “Bucha was just the start”, etc.

It is really sickening at times. :feelsbadsealk:

Fully agree with you Zafir, Last game today also. A lot of " Z"  spamming. Tickets have no use ( send replay when you send a screenshot and a screenshot if you provide a replay). 

Maybe, and thats my own opinion, AW should act if they want to keep the image of a " non political game".